Elementary school shootings in CT: Principal, multiple students killed

Listening to the radio as I'm out and about....already people trying to turn this into a political issue to push gun control. Holy crap that didn't take long. They didn't even release the killers name or even confirmed number victims yet

You knew it was going to go in this direction though...

I'm not one for gun control...people who want guns will get them. What I don't get is why is it so easy for people to get their hands on assault rifles and 100-round clips?!? There is protecting yourself and making yourself a one-man army. I just don't get it...

All these tragedies seem to have some major killing machine and tons of ammo behind them...

And what do we do now? Do we post a police officer in every school? I'm at a loss...this is so terrible...

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude... Go back and see who I replied to... They were working their political agenda first. Again... WTF, grow some nuts... No you want quarter granted in of all places this forum.

The thread is here for a reason. If you control the media, you can surely control the guns.

Quarter granted? Where do you come up with this schit? Do you get your random responses out of a rolodex?

I'm not one for gun control...people who want guns will get them. What I don't get is why is it so easy for people to get their hands on assault rifles and 100-round clips?!? There is protecting yourself and making yourself a one-man army. I just don't get it...

All these tragedies seem to have some major killing machine and tons of ammo behind them...

And what do we do now? Do we post a police officer in every school? I'm at a loss...this is so terrible...

So am I. Is there really a solution?

Sad that it has come down to this :(

Listening to the radio as I'm out and about....already people trying to turn this into a political issue to push gun control. Holy crap that didn't take long. They didn't even release the killers name or even confirmed number victims yet

I mean, I know you really don't want to see gun control... Believe it or not, I really do not either. Yet, there is gonna rightly be push back against the arming to the teeth mentality... Why does the nation need time to decompress before we examine these issues... This is getting nuts...

Quarter granted? Where do you come up with this schit? Do you get your random responses out of a rolodex?

Stop acting like a hurt kitty. Sorry to go to my Rolodex, oops.

That the media gives them credibility... I just do not see it.

So first I blamed the media, then I'm the idiot who advocated some type of control over the media by agencies or forces unknown, then you finally read my original post and make an attempt to comprehend what was written and all you can muster is "I don't see it."? Fine work.

If you don't see it, go back and take a look at VA Tech. Take a look at how many of that loser's self snapshots posing in camo, holding multiple guns, and knives that were aired. His ridiculous recorded monologues were aired, blaming jesus for torturing him. Media outlets published his atrocious screen plays, Richard McBeef and some other abortion which was a ripoff of a Guns N' Roses song. They go to incredible lengths to describe how "chilling" he looks, how frightening. Are you telling me that some other loser with an axe to grind who feels somehow marginalized by a cruel society isn't taking note of how much national attention committing heinous crimes will get you?

Sports provides a very simple example of the copy cat phenomenon and a simple self imposed response. For years idiots seeking attention jumped over the rail and took to the field to streak, cause a scene, get attention. With growing numbers of jackasses looking for their 15 minutes of fame, networks decided not to air these morons. Cameras cut away, little to no mention of whats going on. They're sending a clear message to attention whores everywhere that we're not going to acknowledge you. People still do it, but media has at least self censored and does not recognize those seeking to be noticed.

Diminishing the coverage of mass murderer will not end the violence, but maybe these psychos will find another outlet for their violence if shooting up a school isn't a guaranteed month of 24/7 fame and recognition.

Why? You guys wanted a free-for-all PPP forum... Now you are acting like a bunch of pussywillows when children are slaughtered. I didn't say nothing bad. Stop the carnage.

this is only the second post of mine in the last 8 or 9 years....instead of remaining active, I like to come by here and read the back & forth between everyone, especially while taking my lunch break. I must say that this is the first time in quite a long time that I felt compelled to say much of anything, but I just had to jump in here and tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts. they are easily one of the highlights of this forum. please, do not stop....you are proving to me that PP&P can be even greater than I had hoped.

bravo, sir

I have maintained it is not the amount of ammo one owns, someone could have a garage full as far as I am concerned, it is in the relative ease in which to deliver it with chosen weapon. I am not sure why someone needs a 100 round super magazine, and if 10 round clips where the max availale, you hope between bad shots, jambs and relaoding clips you keep the death toll down on these things..

But it doesn't change the fact that crazy !@#$s are crazy !@#$s. If you banned guns, it would then become explosives that leveled the school and killed everybody. bad things happen, people are defective, the question is what solutions/options are there?

- Arming and Training Teachers, Administrators and Janitors?

- Banning certain types of Guns?

- Spying and Gathering infomration on all Amercians, and try to catch this before it happens (consider the civil liberties issues)

I don't know, I don't see a solution that is clear and realitvely easy to enforce.

Sad day for the Kids, the parents and America

this is only the second post of mine in the last 8 or 9 years....instead of remaining active, I like to come by here and read the back & forth between everyone, especially while taking my lunch break. I must say that this is the first time in quite a long time that I felt compelled to say much of anything, but I just had to jump in here and tell you how much I enjoy reading your posts. they are easily one of the highlights of this forum. please, do not stop....you are proving to me that PP&P can be even greater than I had hoped.

bravo, sir

Greatm Exiled's head is gonna be !@#$ing huge now... lol

bravo, sir

Wow! WOW... Azalin! You live!

Dude... Go back and see who I replied to... They were working their political agenda first. Again... WTF, grow some nuts... No you want quarter granted in of all places this forum.

The thread is here for a reason. If you control the media, you can surely control the guns.

Note that the time stamp there was BEFORE reports of children dead, and merely that the gunman was.

I actually heard that this was REALLY bad about an hour and a half before it hit media from someone in the Major Crimes unit.

The tenor of your posting in this thread is pretty sick, EiI. Shouldn't be censored, as I have had recent issues with all that, an abuse of moderating, and a total failure of consistency in application (but whatever... moving on now). We don't need that here, but it requires a baseline/floor of decency more than the regular boards, and a thicker skin. Words don't bother me no more, in that way. Making light once we find out that there's dead kindergartners... that's a line of special *-dom.

-----

Like Jauronimo, I really want there to be almost NIL coverage/photos/borderline glorification of this shooter on the Whys of whatever his motivations and/or manifesto was. What is most important is the Hows. How did a guy dressed entirely in black and wearing tactical clothing gain entrance to a school? Likely, this will follow the same pattern as the other in Colorado, VT, etc. We'll hear about someone who ignored warning signs. People will exert themselves to come up with security measures to stop this from happening again... again... again. But the simple truth is that a determined individual who doesn't care what happens to him/her can accomplish a great deal of their violent bent before they meet resistance. Maybe especially in a school, which are 'gun free zones' where Sam Colt's maxim of equality has become perverted by those who think criminals care about such things... newsflash... that only emboldens such a person even more when they know they'll have free reign for whatever police response time is. Police are 90% of the time there to clean up after the fact, file paperwork for the insurance companies and do their part in security theatre.

Just to note, tho, that this is just a more extreme version of the intense anger that's built up just beneath the surface in this bipolar country, reinforced in our entertainment and 1st-person-shooter-video-games (not blaming them specifically, but these things DO NOT HELP this society!!!)

Kindergartners, tho? I... I just have no words.

Get ready for cynical attempts to push gun control on the back of a tragedy, again.

As William S. Burroughs once said, “After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn’t do it.”

Column written after the VT shootings: People don’t stop killers. People with guns do.

I hate punishing the majority for the crimes of the idiot minority. Personally, I've lived in cities all my life and never once felt the need to carry a gun (I do pack a mean baseball bat). I think guns give people who are normally cowards a reason to act bravier than they are. Real hunters should use bows and tomhawks.

So while I would hate taking away the rights of the people who properly use guns, would a world without guns really be a bad one?

Uhh... except that's not what happened here, as far as all the info out there right now. It was two 9mm and a rifle of some sort.

I worry less about some survivalist who wants a hundred guns to put in his safe than I do about a guy who just wants one for each hand to enact some sick fantasy and so he can work up the courage to do what he should have simply done in the first place... and just put it up to his own temple. But we apparently don't live in that world anymore where if you're sad or angry, you take out just yourself or the one person you're really angry with....

Now, these people take out as many as they can like they're trying to rack up a high score.

A gunman just killed a bunch of elementary students, not a week after a mall shooting, and not to distant instance of a movie theatre shooting....

And it suprises you that people who think gun control can change this are talking about Gun control... it would be suprising that in a year of record low gun violence that people would want to talk gun control, but now?

So while I would hate taking away the rights of the people who properly use guns, would a world without guns really be a bad one?

Probably not, but there's no chance of there being such a world. They're here and they're here to stay, ban or no ban. As Jim in Anchorage said in the Belcher thread, "you can't uninvent them."

I hate punishing the majority for the crimes of the idiot minority. Personally, I've lived in cities all my life and never once felt the need to carry a gun (I do pack a mean baseball bat). I think guns give people who are normally cowards a reason to act bravier than they are. Real hunters should use bows and tomhawks.

No, it wouldn't be, unfortunately, it is impossible to un-invent them...

Soft target!

Gun free zones and all.

Our hospital campus is a gun free zone, except for a bunch of security. I often think when I see the sign walking in about the day soemone deranged dickstain comes into the cafteria and unloads because he's pissed about this bill....

Uhh... except that's not what happened here, as far as all the info out there right now. It was two 9mm and a rifle of some sort.

I worry less about some survivalist who wants a hundred guns to put in his safe than I do about a guy who just wants one for each hand to enact some sick fantasy and so he can work up the courage to do what he should have simply done in the first place... and just put it up to his own temple. But we apparently don't live in that world anymore where if you're sad or angry, you take out just yourself or the one person you're really angry with....

Now, these people take out as many as they can like they're trying to rack up a high score.

My apologies, I was working off a CNN witness who said she heard over 100 shots go off.