Elementary school shootings in CT: Principal, multiple students killed

No words. My heart goes out to those affected.

Despite being raised in religion, I struggle with its inherent belief systems, but today I pray that it's true...for I hope the truly wicked do receive eternal damnation.

Edited by Kevbeau

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not, but there's no chance of there being such a world. They're here and they're here to stay, ban or no ban. As Jim in Anchorage said in the Belcher thread, "you can't uninvent them."

Yeah, I don't pretend to know the answer but this is just getting sick. You can't go to the mall or send your kids to school without worrying about some loser 20 year upset because he got dumped might start randomly shooting. America is effed.

Yeah, I don't pretend to know the answer but this is just getting sick. You can't go to the mall or send your kids to school without worrying about some loser 20 year upset because he got dumped might start randomly shooting. America is effed.

Is now a bad time to point out that, statistically, we're much safer now than in the past?

http://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/gun-violence/welcome.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

To those of you calling the guy crazy, I wouldn't write him off as crazy just so fast. I'm a firm believer in God and if there's a God, there's a devil. What we saw today was sheer evil. Too much of that is going on in the world today, if you asked me. The devil is finding it easier and easier to control the weak, whether it be Muslim, Christian, Jew or athiest.

Is now a bad time to point out that, statistically, we're much safer now than in the past?

http://www.nij.gov/t...nce/welcome.htm

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

Congratulations on posting quite possibly the most irrelevant post of this thread; the good news, it was far from the dumbest. But your point is.....well..... pointless - even to the quote you referenced.

......ill-timed and irrelevant; given the absolute and utter tragedy that is central to this thread it is dumbfounding to try and even ascertain a point to this......beyond provoking a response; to that, "well done" - I responded.

I hope you are not disillusioned into thinking you possess any overview on this topic (by your thread) because you do not; clearly.

To those of you calling the guy crazy, I wouldn't write him off as crazy just so fast. I'm a firm believer in God and if there's a God, there's a devil. What we saw today was sheer evil. Too much of that is going on in the world today, if you asked me. The devil is finding it easier and easier to control the weak, whether it be Muslim, Christian, Jew or athiest.

Really? You are going there? .....the Devil did this? So, let me get this straight, you believe in God, defacto then, then there has to be a Devil?

Quick question, Einstein, so, where was God during this massacre????? .....or before, when this mentally ill / nutjob kid was planning this? Oh, it must have been God's will then, right? You must be a relative of Richard Mourdock. That is one interesting "God" you believe in.........

Please. Go. Away.

I blame Obama partly for this. The ignorant selfish &@%#+ types on this board are out there , but Obama knows better. And that coward once again sacrificed his morals for politics, buried his head in the sand and chose not to be a leader on gun control.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Really? You are going there? .....the Devil did this? So, let me get this straight, you believe in God, defacto then, then there has to be a Devil?

Quick question, Einstein, so, where was God during this massacre????? .....or before, when this mentally ill / nutjob kid was planning this? Oh, it must have been God's will then, right? You must be a relative of Richard Mourdock. That is one interesting "God" you believe in.........

Please. Go. Away.

Your anti-religious bigotry now takes the lead as the worst post of the thread.........Congrts.

NoJustice's opinion is just as valid as anyone elses here, certainly more so than yours.

You're the one spouting hate at this time, do us all a favor and you go away.

Or perhaps you could go to the victims families and make fun of them for praying too....................bigot.

Please. Go. Away.

I'm entitled to my own opinion. What we saw today was evil, if you feel better calling him crazy than go right ahead, call him crazy. But first, are you a psychiatrist? Did you evaluate this guy before he went "insane"? No, so my theory is just as valid as yours.

I'm entitled to my own opinion. What we saw today was evil, if you feel better calling him crazy than go right ahead, call him crazy. But first, are you a psychiatrist? Did you evaluate this guy before he went "insane"? No, so my theory is just as valid as yours.

Allow me to address Indy's point in a more civil way. You deserve better, frankly.

In most versions of monotheistic religion, God is portrayed as both omniscient (that is, knowing all) and omnipotent (that is, controlling all). Logically, this doesn't jibe with the notion of a separate evil entity capable of overruling the aforementioned god's power.

Your anti-religious bigotry now takes the lead as the worst post of the thread.........Congrts.

NoJustice's opinion is just as valid as anyone elses here, certainly more so than yours.

You're the one spouting hate at this time, do us all a favor and you go away.

Or perhaps you could go to the victims families and make fun of them for praying too....................bigot.

Spouting hate? .....making fun?

I accomplished neither; you are dim.

Your Gestaltan logic is epic.

Grow up.

Either news reports are wrong, or some one is playing a sick joke on a Facebook account.

Ryan Lanza?

allegedly they got the wrong name in early reports - its actually adam lanza. news has been running the wrong guys mug all over the place this morning.

Edited by NoSaint