Illegal Block in the back on the Pick 6 - ??????????????????

1B4IDie

So not only did the Bills lose because of that phantom call. Yes the Bills had many other opportunities to win that game.

I lost in a money Fantasy Football league because of that call.

During the broadcast I don't believe they could find video of Moore's Illegal block in the back.

Does anyone have access to the All 22 Video?

Can someone take a screen grab of the penalty?

It is driving me crazy I'd like to see this penalty with my own eyes.

Thanks

on replay the St Louis lineman was watching the play (he was within 20 feet) the head ref is to his right and behind him. The Bills D lineman looks like he barely touches him and he immediately (and smartly) throws himslef forward and to the right. The ref throws the flag. The side judge facing the play form the sideline (and same distance) did not. Side judge obviously does not want to challenge the head ref on it. It sucks but happens way to often. It is like diving in hockey. No place for it but you will get the call.

on replay the St Louis lineman was watching the play (he was within 20 feet) the head ref is to his right and behind him. The Bills D lineman looks like he barely touches him and he immediately (and smartly) throws himslef forward and to the right. The ref throws the flag. The side judge facing the play form the sideline (and same distance) did not. Side judge obviously does not want to challenge the head ref on it. It sucks but happens way to often. It is like diving in hockey. No place for it but you will get the call.

Hockey has a "diving" penalty -- no risk for an NFL player diving. :(

So not only did the Bills lose because of that phantom call. Yes the Bills had many other opportunities to win that game.

During the broadcast I don't believe they could find video of Moore's Illegal block in the back.

Thanks

They showed it on the broadcast, and as the announcers even said, there was some serious acting going on. It was a bad call for sure, but did we lose because of it? No. People need to quit blaming the officials every time we lose, face it this team sucks. If they would have had that TD, they would have found another way to lose anyway. Edited by BuffBill

They showed it on the broadcast, and as the announcers even said, there was some serious acting going on. It was a bad call for sure, but did we lose because of it? No. People need to quit blaming the officials every time we lose, face it this team sucks. If they would have had that TD, they would have found another way to lose anyway.

Yeah but I would have won real US dollars in my pocket.

That is my point.

They showed it on the broadcast, and as the announcers even said, there was some serious acting going on. It was a bad call for sure, but did we lose because of it? No. People need to quit blaming the officials every time we lose, face it this team sucks. If they would have had that TD, they would have found another way to lose anyway.

It's not THE reason we lost, but it is A reason we lost. It wouldnt be as big of an issue if Wilson catches any of the INTs that hit him in the hands, but than again, those dropped INTs arent an issue if they didnt make this BS call. The players had plenty of opportunity to win it themselves, and that should always count first. But this took the game away from us as well.

Thanks

It hurt me in fantasy too...however, while I think the penalty was ticky tack, I dont blame the refs for that. Our guy DID touch him, even though it was not really hard, he still did it and under the NFL rules that is a penalty. The rules says nothing about how hard he pushes him or grabs him.. And people need to remember, Refs do not have the luxury of multiple camera angles to call penalties. They are running in live action and have only their field level vision from one angle, and in this case from behind the players. What really drew the penalty was the player selling it and acting like he was shoved hard to the ground, and that is what drew the flag.

I don't blame the refs for that, its just like flopping in the NBA. You have to remember that the refs are not just staring at a single player, you would need a ref for every player on the field for that. The refs are observing a certain area of the field, that means penalties are going to occur in the peripheral vision too and may not have the same look we get to see at home. So, what he saw was contact and then a player flailing to the ground like being shoved hard. It was a flop and the ref fell for it...that happens, and all players do it, including our own.

I hate the call happened, but at the same time, it had a lot to do with the acting job of the downed player. The problem is, there are no replays on penalties, so once the flag is thrown there is not a lot they can do to be sure about the context and you are most often stuck with their initial impression of what happened. And lets not forget every single player who gets a flag thrown on them disagrees with it every time and argues it, so there was not much our guy could say to change his mind.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I still didn't see it...maybe if they called it a hold (still a very week call), but I didn't see anything that resembled a block in the back.

They did call a hold...at least thats what I heard at the game. When I saw the guy dive and the flag thrown though I thought for sure it was a block in the back

3-5-BUF44(1:27) (No Huddle, Shotgun) S.Bradford pass intended for L.Kendricks INTERCEPTED by S.Gilmore (B.Scott) at BUF 38. S.Gilmore for 62 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on BUF-K.Moore, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SL 39.Source:http://www.cbssports...0121209_STL@BUFPhantom call!!!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Any decent NFL coach would be screaming for minutes in the face of the ref who threw that flag. Gailey, of course, didn't.

WELL SAID!!!! It would not have changed the call at all, would have done nothing actually to change the play...however, it isnt just this play. I never see Chan get upset, its like he has no fire out there at all and the team plays in the same manner. How many times did the team move slow to the line when time was an issue? He gave away 4 seconds with how long it took to call a timeout. He wussed out for a FG attempt AGAIN by our FG kicker who is a GOOD kicker. This guy coaches with no guts, plays with no fire, and inspires no one.

So even though the penalty would not have been changed, he needs to show the refs he isnt going to stand for ticky tack calls and get in their face. Show the team some fire, especially after we just got a turnover and had a chance to really seize the game.

I am tired of his gutless and emotionless performances on the sidelines and in the post game loser interviews.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Officiating gets worse by the week....check out this call againsts the Bengals yesterday...

http://nesn.com/2012/12/bengals-justifiably-upset-after-horrible-call-on-reggie-nelson-once-again-exposes-officiating-inconsistencies/

Goodell says, by the year 2015, he would like to eliminate defense from the game altogehter!

that was a rough one. ultimately didnt hurt the game as they punted 3 plays later, but it was a missed call. similar to the flag on the return in our game, the official closest let it go while the one across the field threw the flag.

in the end, it was a TEXTBOOK hit though.

WELL SAID!!!! It would not have changed the call at all, would have done nothing actually to change the play...however, it isnt just this play. I never see Chan get upset, its like he has no fire out there at all and the team plays in the same manner. How many times did the team move slow to the line when time was an issue? He gave away 4 seconds with how long it took to call a timeout. He wussed out for a FG attempt AGAIN by our FG kicker who is a GOOD kicker. This guy coaches with no guts, plays with no fire, and inspires no one.

So even though the penalty would not have been changed, he needs to show the refs he isnt going to stand for ticky tack calls and get in their face. Show the team some fire, especially after we just got a turnover and had a chance to really cease the game.

I am tired of his gutless and emotionless performances on the sidelines and in the post game loser interviews.

AGREE 100%. He needs to go OFF on plays like that. They showed the phantom block in back on big screen. He is not a good HC. simple

Gailey needs to scream and yell in the officials' face? Uh, okay.

Yes. Belichick does that. The Harbaughs do that. Mike Smith does that. I could go on. The point is that officials, to some extent, aren't afraid of throwing questionable flags against timid coaches. Perhaps guys like Gailey don't report officiating crews to the League office for review. On top of that, Gailey's timidity reflects poorly on him to the players; if your coach doesn't feel strongly about a b.s. call, why should you?

Yes. Belichick does that. The Harbaughs do that. Mike Smith does that. I could go on. The point is that officials, to some extent, aren't afraid of throwing questionable flags against timid coaches. Perhaps guys like Gailey don't report officiating crews to the League office for review. On top of that, Gailey's timidity reflects poorly on him to the players; if your coach doesn't feel strongly about a b.s. call, why should you?

Just all around nonsense. Now we don't even call the league office be side he didn't spike his headset ala mike smith?

Edited by NoSaint

Just all around nonsense. Now we don't even call the league office be side he didn't spike his headset ala mike smith?

I think emotion is important in a head coach. Players want to feel supported by their head coach. No, I don't think there is some conspiracy, or that the more aggressive head coaches get more calls. But this isn't the NBA, where coaches get technical fouls for stepping on the court or yelling at a ref. That being said, I do think refs are, perhaps subconsciously, less likely to flag teams that rip on them for bad calls. It's just human.

I just totally disagree with you. There have been plenty of superb mild-mannered coaches. I don't think the refs or players respond to these rah-rah hotheads.

If the Bills score 6 there, it would have been a different game. Moore makes a lot of stupid contact. If he wants to start in the NFL he will need to minimize these mistakes.

Moore's already starting in the NFL. And he's been playing very well.

3-5-BUF44(1:27) (No Huddle, Shotgun) S.Bradford pass intended for L.Kendricks INTERCEPTED by S.Gilmore (B.Scott) at BUF 38. S.Gilmore for 62 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on BUF-K.Moore, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at SL 39.Source:http://www.cbssports...0121209_STL@BUFPhantom call!!!

Offensive holding? That's doubly strange. :)

I just totally disagree with you. There have been plenty of superb mild-mannered coaches. I don't think the refs or players respond to these rah-rah hotheads.

Sometimes a coach has to show emotion (especially a guy like Gailey or Jauron who tend to impersonate mannequins). There can be any number of justifiable reasons for this. To lobby the ref for a makeup call later on, to show your players that you've got their backs. To strategically go out of character to try to light a fire under your team.

I'm not a big fan of loud, demonstrative coaches but showing fire and emotion needs to be done from time to time. The last time I remember Gailey showing emotion was when he yelled at some kids for picking on Trent.

That was a terrible call, that head up...scatari or whatever the flip his name is...has it in for the bills.He screws up on the call a game , he has hard on for the bills. That call cost us the game, 10 points at 1/2 time in the crappy conditions would have made a huge difference.

Sorry say what you like, we needed a defensive TD, we got it, that douchebag took it away.

Yes he does! He needs to show some damn heart and emotion! This team has NO HEART WHAT SO EVER! They play like a bunch of Dakota Fannings out there and get pushed around and let the other teams dictate how we play. That starts and ends with the HC! You know why the players like him so much? Because he is soft on them and players love playing for guys like that.

We need a HC with a fire in his belly that gets mad at refs, players, etc! He needs to show some passion out there...I mean he makes Dick Jauron look like a Ryan brother.

And I do not understand why some people want him as our OC either...thats puzzling because one of the main things people hate about Chan is how he runs this offense, under uses the best players, and over uses a weak link at QB in Fitz. Why would that change if he was the OC? Wouldn't it be more of the same? Its also one of the reasons he got fired in KC as the OC because of his lack of willingness to adjust his offense to the personnel of that team.