Theory why we did not draft a QB....

Bronc24

Could it be that Buddy and Chan knew there'd be some rough spots but did not want a QB controversy and potentially divisive locker room?

No...

This team has play makers we dont use them!

Glad these idiots didnt draft a franchise QB....theyd ruin him for life!

why is it so hard for Buddy Nix fans to grasp the obvious: these guys (Buddy the 70+ year old 1st time GM and his retread head coach) ACTUALLY BELIEVE that Fitzpatrick is a QB they can win with in this league?

They have no real backup QB (no chance for controversy), they have not addressed QB in the draft (even 2nd or 3rd round), and Chan calls games like he has Tom Brady under center.

These guys LOVE Fitzpatrick. That's why they have no addressed QB.

This is a team that took Spiller 10th overall & now in his 3rd year insist on running him 6 times 7 total touches.

Fitz sucks, I'm done with him.

And I believe when Spiller's contract is up, he will find a team that knows how to use his skills and he will become a star. Chan's coaching is going to cost us a star player IMO.

They suck at recognizing talent.

They actually think they can win with Fitz.

They actually didn't think any QBs available would amount to anything.

There is no master plan. They are just idiots.

OMG. This speaks to my heart. You have said it all, sir.

Please, god, dont make me go another season with these clowns. I/we deserve to at least be relevant, if not competitive.

Could it be that Buddy and Chan knew there'd be some rough spots but did not want a QB controversy and potentially divisive locker room?

They paid 60M contract to Fitz....They truly believed that they can win with Fitz...Silly!

Gailey and Nix have no clue on what they are doing. Spiller is gone the first chance he gets, thats to bad cuz he's going to be a super star in this league. I would to if IChan is still here.

I bet Nix and Gailey will be let go before Spiller gets his chance with FA.

Buddy and Chan were kicked to the curb not long ago and have been out to prove everyone wrong. Changing course now on their appointed QB would undo what they've been striving for, i.e. an admittance of a terrible decision showing they're unworthy of their respective positions.

Buddy: "Ralph, we just need 100 million for Mario and 50 Million for Fitz."

Ralph: "50 Friggin MILLION for FITZ??"

Buddy: "Yes, we realize he's not THAT great, but it will show everyone in the locker room there is no QB controversy and then we can get a real QB next year!"

Ralph: "Genious, here's my checkbook, all those zero's don't really mean anything do they??"

Buddy: "Just sign at the bottom Ralph."

Yeah. That's probably what happened.

:flirt:

Edited by Cville Bills

No they actually believe in Fitz :wallbash:

This. And who cares about a divisive locker room. The Bills of the 90's were known as the "bickering" Bills. The 49ers have a QB controversy, and appear playoff bound. Nope, these boneheads actually believe Fitz is a quality QB because he puts up good...no....respectable numbers against bad teams.

Gailey and Nix have no clue on what they are doing. Spiller is gone the first chance he gets, thats to bad cuz he's going to be a super star in this league. I would to if IChan is still here.

Spiller and Lindell need to threaten to hold out if Chan is back next year. That will force Nix's hand. Actually, I think Russ Brandon is going to make the choice easy. No way to sell tickets next year with Chan back. Even if we get Vick, and a top QB in the draft. Nothing will sell tickets unless Chan is gone. And if Nix won't do it, Brandon will go for the ultimate ticket seller: get rid of Nix and Chan.

They will draft one this year. No question. Probably draft at about 10. Barkley and others will be there at 10. Maybe even Klein. Taj Boyd is a nice one out of Clemson as well. No real glaring need elsewhere at #1. Maybe even trade up. Buddy and Chan know what they are doing. A rookie QB behind a crappy line2 years ago would have been another David Carr scenario where the QB gets killed and never grows. That is there philosophy. This the year to draft a QB.

This is a team that took Spiller 10th overall & now in his 3rd year insist on running him 6 times 7 total touches.

Fitz sucks, I'm done with him.

did you watch the same game I watched? I'm not a Fitz lover, but he was outstanding yesterday while getting killed all day. Chan should run it more to prevent that, but Fitz is not the issue my friend... at least not yesterday. you will get your 6ft 4 superman QB prospect this year... patience...

They will draft one this year. No question. Probably draft at about 10. Barkley and others will be there at 10. Maybe even Klein. Taj Boyd is a nice one out of Clemson as well. No real glaring need elsewhere at #1. Maybe even trade up. Buddy and Chan know what they are doing. A rookie QB behind a crappy line2 years ago would have been another David Carr scenario where the QB gets killed and never grows. That is there philosophy. This the year to draft a QB.

did you watch the same game I watched? I'm not a Fitz lover, but he was outstanding yesterday while getting killed all day. Chan should run it more to prevent that, but Fitz is not the issue my friend... at least not yesterday. you will get your 6ft 4 superman QB prospect this year... patience...

OK....first of all, the fact you think Klein should even be considered at the 10 spot, let alone before the late third or fourth round tells me everything I need to know about your "skill" in QB evaluation. You have mentioned Fitz was outstanding yesterday...what part was outstanding? The 3 - 13 on third down? The pick everyone knew was coming late in the fourth? The six seconds he took to call a timeout before half? The deep ball that was 20 yards away from a receiver? I'm just curious...enlighten me with your obvious insight on the QB position.

Theory why we did not draft a QB ?

because Buddy sticks to drafting Best Available Player......

i.e. Aaron Williams over Andy Dalton/Colin Kaepernick in the 2011 Draft and TJ Graham over Russell Wilson in the 2012 draft.

Gotta get that deep threat for a weak armed, inaccurate QB who folds under pressure situations.

Great Job Buddy!!!