Player changes at One Bills Drive

ShipUPride

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't we also need to resign Urbik and Byrd? Not sure how much $$$ we'll have for FA.

I think you reallyu mean Andy Levitre so I will assume that. I think the chances of resigning either of these players is going down exponentially week by week. This is less an issue of money available than the state of the team. Both of these players will be highly prized free agents, perhaps the best available at their positions. I just do not see them commmitting early to the Bills given the continued losing. Perhaps had the Bills done more to show significant turnaround and real competition witht the better teams in the league Nix could have made a case for both of them to stay. (still not too late for this but looking unlikley) As it is, these guys would be crazy not to shop around. They are both going to get big contracts.

Edited by MDFan

I think you reallyu mean Andy Levitre so I will assume that. I think the chances of resigning either of these players is going down exponentially week by week. This is less an issue of money available than the state of the team. Both of these players will be highly prized free agents, perhaps the best available at their positions. I just do not see them commmitting early to the Bills given the continued losing. Perhaps had the Bills done more to show significant turnaround and real competition witht the better teams in the league Nix could have made a case for both of them to stay. (still not too late for this but looking unlikley) As it is, these guys would be crazy not to shop around. They are both going to get big contracts.

Sad but true, and I can't blame them either. If the team tanks the rest of the season, they are probably gone.

I would go. I mean come on guys. if you could get equal money going to a team that has a track record of winning what would you do?

i want to believe what the one poster said about building the oline first, the drafting a qb. But one could also arguee you have to coach guys up. And if this is a known train of thought from Nix, then what does that say to the guys in the locker room? It makes the fo look in ept and incompetent. They just signed Fritz to be their guy almost exactly one year ago! If i was a player on the Bills enterring FA i would think real hard about jumping ship.

Pitt is a classic example of a team that every year has oline problems, but finds ways to win even reach the super bowl

Horse hockey!

I'm tired of this excuse. I watched the Steeler game on Sunday and they were down to their 3rd or 4th RB. Their O-line is patchwork (thanks in part to the pre-season game against Buff). Their D has had significant players miss time. Yet they find a way to compete.

It's all about drafting talent. Instilling a winning attitude and executing the plan. We may have the players. We don't have the attitude or the plan.

you are 100% correct. The D was also missing Troy Polamu. Earlier this year they won a game in the same situation, AND missing pro bowl center Pouncy. Tomlin is 10000 X better than Chan.

Aren't Urbik and Rinehart on 1-year tenders?

Horse hockey!

I'm tired of this excuse. I watched the Steeler game on Sunday and they were down to their 3rd or 4th RB. Their O-line is patchwork (thanks in part to the pre-season game against Buff). Their D has had significant players miss time. Yet they find a way to compete.

It's all about drafting talent. Instilling a winning attitude and executing the plan. We may have the players. We don't have the attitude or the plan.

I am not making any excuses sir. We have more depth than recent years. But it is a chance to get a feel for the rookies and second year guys. Injuries are part of the game.

and i am still hopeful they will get the ship pointed in the right direction this year. Blind optimism ? Maybe, maybe not.

I think we are going to give the Patriots a game.

Go Bills

More changes...

The Bills have signed CB Crezdon Butler and OT Thomas Welch to the 53-man roster.

So who got cut?

PTR

Awesome! I love the dumpster diving part of the year. A chance to find tomorrows superstars. Anyone lnow anything about these gems?

Edited by kas23

To add to the depression, if these two leave then replacements will be needed, which could impact draft decisions. New QB? New LB? Nah, let's draft some DBs to replace Byrd and McGee!

Awesome! I love the dumpster diving part of the year. A chance to find tomorrows superstars. Anyone lnow anything about these gems?

I know it feels good to snark about these moves but...

A) what do you expect from mid-season moves? Peyton Manning?

B) This so-called dumpster diving is where we got players like Scott Chandler, Kraig Urbik, Eric Pears and Chad Rheinhardt. Just because you never heard of a player doesn't make them garbage.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Here is a thought...Aaron Willaims moving to safety where prior to the draft there was alot of talk that he was better suited for that position. Bench Dareus and let him watch how Kyle WIlliams plays every down. Carrington deserves a long look. Happy go lucky is not a good attitude for a stud DT, Marcell. CJ full time RB. Use Fred Jax as a change of pace back. Let Fitz air the ball deep first series of the game. I want to see exactly how strong his arm is. Nxt draft: QB, CB, WR, and LB. Those are glaring needs.

B) This so-called dumpster diving is where we got players like Scott Chandler, Kraig Urbik, Eric Pears and Chad Rheinhardt. Just because you never heard of a player doesn't make them garbage.

PTR

Dont be silly Promo. Urbiks rating on madden was only 66 when he was signed. Clearly a bum

PTR

I think you misunderstood me. My post was not sarcastic. I agree with you.