Mario Williams is the cancer that is dragging this Defense down

The voice of reason...where you least expect it! :nana:

Sometimes I am not sure what is worse...the Bills, or the hysteria (good or bad) that ensues every develoment regarding the team.

Wannestadt is not an "in your face" kind of coach... he is a "player's coach", the stigma that dogged him in Miami.

How can he be an "in your face" coach when he is hiding up in the booth during the game? Who gets on the players asses when they aren't giving 100%? N O B O D Y.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can he be an "in your face" coach when he is hiding up in the booth during the game? Who gets on the players asses when they aren't giving 100%? N O B O D Y.

My point was, when Wanny was on the sidelines as the headcoach of the Dolphins, he was not an "in your face" kind of coach..it just isn't his style.

Would YOU want to play in Wannstedt's defense?

He has 100,000,000 reasons to do whatever the hell the coaching staff asks him to do. If he isn't going to do what is asked at 100% he needs get the hell out of town. He has no excuse for going through the motions. He is supposed to be a leader on this team and he's nothing but an overpaid sorry ass excuse of a football player.

Who cares. The only motivation he has this season is money and that is not going to do the trick. Why in the world would he try 100% if he doesn't believe in how the defense is run. The problem is that we have no leaders. Marv levy was such a good head coach because he was able to make his players believe in the systems that the OC and DC installed.

Ability without character will lose. The Bills are going to be a team of high character. That stamp I will push very hard. I hope we can convey that to our fans and project something very special to the rest of the nation.

He is supposed to be a leader on this team and he's nothing but an overpaid sorry ass excuse of a football player.

he never was advertised as a leader, in fact when they signed him the knock was he was not a leader, at least not vocally. Edited by Carey Bender

this man is not trying to disrespect the fans on my opinion. to me, he's a guy that is extremely frustrated with himself and has a standard for himself that he is not living up to. from what i've heard from mario, he is not the smoothest guy when trying to express himself, and i can see where he may come across as extremely arrogant and uncaring, almost contemptuous. he knows he has to play a lot better, and he knows that his team is counting on him. but he also lives in a completely different world than we do. having said that, i hope that he comes out pissed and inspired after the bye.

WHAT A JOKE!

I, like ALL of us, was on board with the signing. Now, I already wish they hadn't.

Even if he gets back to his elite form, I won't like the guy.

Sure, I'll be happy for this hypothetical production, but he's made it clear who is #1 in his book.

I understand the sentiment of not placing a value on strangers' and armchair critics' opinions, but in this case we are talking about a proud city that this guy is supposed to represent.

It's fine to think, "I don't care if what you say about me," but it's another thing to SAY IT. Especially when you've been underperforming and seemingly taking plays off.

Only Mario knows if he has been truly giving 100%. And if he has been, fine. But considering what some outspoken players have said publicly, I have my doubts.

I just think it would've been a lot better to simply make the cliched statement he qualified it with:

“I need to play better and I need to get healthy, it’s No. 1 on my point,” Williams said.... "I need to get physically back into things so I’m not hesitating.”

But no, he had to antagonize a reeling fan base. Thanks, dude. :censored:

Edited by uncle flap

I like the response. He's angry about his performance, and it comes out when he gets asked the same questions after each game. If that anger goes into motivation, he'll turn it around sooner or later, whether its getting healthy or getting over the hump.

Mario's performance up to this point has been abysmal & we as fans can only judge what's been presented on the field. It isn't like I'm not pointing out facts because I watch the Buffalo Bills & the highest paid Bills player / defensive player ever has big shoes to fill. I don't expect him to be perfect but average would be acceptable, he's cant seal a ziploc bag much less the edge right now.

If you go to Buffalobills.com and listen to Chan Gailey interview. I think Mario has more respect for the fans and Buffalo than that big ear wombat. I dislike him more than I do Fitz-trash! His best answer was a lil bit more. How about alot more. And he made it clear, Wannstedt is his guy, I know they're best friends but give us a break!

Mario's numbers are terrible, yes but at the same time he attracts a lot of attention. He's constantly double teamed freeing up other people, I'm really concerned with Marcel's performance just as much to be honest. just like Grimace said I hope it fuels into motivation to get better. I'm also concerned with how bad his wrist injury really is.

We as fans care & spent our money to help pay your beyond bloated wage:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/23/mario-williams-i-dont-care-about-anybodys-expectations/

I'd IR him on that injury & do a settlement at a later time, it's a nice way of saying that we no longer have any expectations for you as well.

I don't think you understand ir settlements

I don't think that you were just told he really got paid & doesn't care what the fans think.

Nor should he. Not one bit should he care what you think.

And let's go ahead on get him out of here and accelerate like 40 mill into our cap as fast as possible. Financially we're better off benching than cutting, frankly. Either would be silly. And this isn't his first paycheck. 60m was ok but this made him lazy?

http://profootballta...s-expectations/

I'd IR him on that injury & do a settlement at a later time, it's a nice way of saying that we no longer have any expectations for you as well.

Your money does not pay for anything except RW's family inheritance. Please do not delude yourself that you or your opinion matter.

If Gailey has any hope of saving this season, he needs to start someone else at end

next week against Houston. If not, he loses this team, the season, and his job. He can even make up some lame ass excuse like Mario is having menstrual pains.

If Gailey has any hope of saving this season, he needs to start someone else at end

next week against Houston. If not, he loses this team, the season, and his job. He can even make up some lame ass excuse like Mario is having menstrual pains.

Nawww, im quite sure it's more than Mario.

And Im quite sure he doesn't lose the team because of this one move.

When he says that he has not lived to to his own exceptions that the important piece. With all the crap he is taking maybe he should sit out hurt, so everyone can see that even hurt he is better than the next guy they have.

Kyle Moore had more pressure! So your statement holds zero weight!

My expectations were very high & it was very exciting to get what looked like a prize catch in the FA market. I was glued to all media devices & admit that him coming to Buffalo looked like a huge move, call me a fish in the ocean. We all had high-expectations of his play, hoping for a better day. Him getting injured in any way or having a problem is a team issue, without a doubt.

Mario telling the fans that their complaints are meaningless to him now, now that's a different line crossed by him. Who is he to tell me that my opinion doesn't matter, we as the fans are the millions that support the team & how I feel is how I feel. If it doesn't bother him that the fans are upset with his current play, he's clueless. He's then part of the problem instead of part of the solution, which makes him a liability instead of an asset.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/23/mario-williams-i-dont-care-about-anybodys-expectations/

I don't care to renew my season tix next year Mario you lazy, coddled, arrogant piece of &%$#&!!

Phew- I feel better...kinda