Seriously, when do you think Fred Jackson gets traded?

It's goning to happen, question is when......... When they gave him his extension, and he deserved it, NOBODY thought Spiller was this good. All the credit in the world to CJ. what a monster offseason for him- hit the weights, Is now a north, south runner with great vision and speed.

You can beat on me all you want, it's early and I'm bored :devil:

It's funny how everyone turned on Jackson. He still is a game changer people!!! It's just Chan needs to get his head out of his ass and use him correctly!!!

Edited by mattsox

Won't get traded. He's not as good as he used to be, but he is a SOLID #2 RB. Teams need those. We also have a solid #3. We need to be using these guys more and making Fitz a game manager. This may not happen until empty-backfield Gailey is gone, but it's what we need to be doing. Teams with good running games generally have two quality RB's. We may have the best backfield in the NFL. Why we don't use it more only Gailey knows.

Now, you might ask about Morman in that context, and I do wonder about that.

Moorman is gone and Fred is not because unlike RB's (or even placekickers!), there is no utility whatsoever to keeping two punters. Moorman was stinking, looked for 2 seasons now that he'd hit a wall, and they wanted to keep one of the better punters to come out of college in a while. Moorman fooled everyone playing crazy-great in the pre-season, then immediately regressed when the season started. They gave him a few weeks, he still looked bad, they went with young and talented.

Fred IS still better at the goal line (probably) and they don't really want CJ getting 30+ carries, so why not keep Fred?

It is worth noting that Fred really hasn't shown anything yet this season - which means not really much since his injury last year. Hopefully he is OK. We'll know a lot after the bye when he and CJ are both at 100% (hopefully) and they have Glenn back to get the OL back up to full-strength.

It's goning to happen, question is when......... When they gave him his extension, and he deserved it, NOBODY thought Spiller was this good. All the credit in the world to CJ. what a monster offseason for him- hit the weights, Is now a north, south runner with great vision and speed.

Right after you are traded to Alaska Aces for fan to be named later.

Go back and read the posts here from one year ago. Fred MVP, sign Fitz at all cost's, CJ a bust. It's like the weather, if you don't like it wait a hour.

In fairness, Spiller surprised (pleasantly) a lot of people when he took over at the end of last season, and has continued to play at the level f a #9 overall pick, rather than the potential bust he had been looking like previously.

This is all ultimately more about loving Spiller than any hate on FredEx.

You must have missed the game day thread with a poster complaining the win against the Cards cost us a few spots in the draft.

Very thankful for alcohol.

NOTHING compared to the poster who complained the NE win last year hurt him in FF. This was like two minutes after the game when every one was popping champagne corks.

Go back and read the posts here from one year ago. Fred MVP, sign Fitz at all cost's, CJ a bust. It's like the weather, if you don't like it wait a hour.

Except one, tiny, little consistent opinion by all.

The Bills suck.

Womp womp. :(

This is where the NFL isn't Madden. You are dealing with human beings and locker room chemistry, not stats on a TV screen. Freddie's trade value is really irrelevant. It's all about his value to THIS offense and THIS locker room. If the front office trades Freddie, it will lose the locker room.

This is where the NFL isn't Madden. You are dealing with human beings and locker room chemistry, not stats on a TV screen. Freddie's trade value is really irrelevant. It's all about his value to THIS offense and THIS locker room. If the front office trades Freddie, it will lose the locker room.

Child please! This IS still a business.

If they could get even a 2nd-rounder for Freddy, Nix would be giving him a big warm sappy hug goodbye in about 15 seconds. A pick that high is what you use to elevate your 1st rounder where you need it to get your next franchise QB.

Reality is they would be lucky to get a 4th - and he is worth FAR more than a 4th to the Bills - in part for the reasons you state. That's the part that makes the OP silly.

Child please! This IS still a business.

If they could get even a 2nd-rounder for Freddy, Nix would be giving him a big warm sappy hug goodbye in about 15 seconds. A pick that high is what you use to elevate your 1st rounder where you need it to get your next franchise QB.

Reality is they would be lucky to get a 4th - and he is worth FAR more than a 4th to the Bills - in part for the reasons you state. That's the part that makes the OP silly.

It took 3 pages but I finally got the answer I was looking for!

It's funny how everyone turned on Jackson. He still is a game changer people!!!

Yeah changed the Arizona game when he fumbled on the first play

The day Jax is traded, Spiller blows a knee. Lets keep our talent instead of giving it away

Except one, tiny, little consistent opinion by all.

The Bills suck.

Womp womp. :(

No you're wrong. In 10/18/2011 every one here was yelling SB for Bills.

I want to trade Freddy to a contender just so he gets a real chance to win in the playoffs. Send him to Pitt, Detroit or another who can use him to get into the playoffs and have a chance at winning.

Thats the way to move forward. Feel sorry for our best players and ship them to "contenders". Have you ever considered if we kept these players WE might be "contenders?"

Detroit. Honest to God the stuff I read on here.

No you're wrong. In 10/18/2011 every one here was yelling SB for Bills.

Thats the way to move forward. Feel sorry for our best players and ship them to "contenders". Have you ever considered if we kept these players WE might be "contenders?"

Detroit. Honest to God the stuff I read on here.

I think we finally have a team that has a good core that we can build on. Obviously we need a qb and a lb and some other players. Pitt and Detroit have pretty bad run games and could use the backs.

This place is a such a joke sometimes

Most teams stockpile talent wherever they can, Bills fans want to acquire a 4th round pick

And that's even a stretch.

He's proven, experienced in our system, cheap.... Why even think of trading him?

No way he gets traded, cut or anything. At least not this year. I have heard announcers talk about how is the "heart and soul" of this team almost every week. If that is the case, then what kind of effect would it have on a locker room by trading that player?

Granted, this team did release Moorman who you could consider a big part of the locker room because he was here for so long, but I don't think they could possibly be so stupid as to trade Jackson away. Especially if the game plan going forward is to focus a little more on the run than in previous games. Spiller has proven he can hit the home run, is now a much better north and south runner and would appear to have great vision. I will agree with the OP on that.

It took 3 pages but I finally got the answer I was looking for!

Did you read the part at the end where he said you were silly? :D

CJ is the man and puts fear into defenses, fred is reliable and can do more things...why not keep both if and when one gets injured?

I thought Fred looked a lot more fluid this past week than in prior weeks. He said before the NE game that the brace slowed him down. I expect he'll be even better this week & the week after.

Also, this fair weather fandom rubs me the wrong way. The same fans who are quick to turn on a player when he gets injured or has a bad game are the same ones who feel outraged when a player looks out for his own best interest rather than that of the team. If I'm a player & I see how quickly fan loyalty turns, I'd feel absolutely no sense of obligation or loyalty to said fan base.

What do you mean no one thought Spiller was this good? Everyone who actually paid attention and watched the games last year when he took over knew he was this good. I got flamed in the "Is Fred Jackson a top 5 back" thread when I said Fred was not even the best RB on this team anymore.

That being said, Fred has little trade value other than to Bills fans. Not saying there are not teams that would not like to have him, but they will not part with anything that will be worth it for the Bills to trade for. We would be lucky to get a 5th for him and probably wouldnt be offered anything other than a 6th or 7th round pick. I mean I would be shocked if the Bills got a 5th for him, and if someone offered it, they should take it. Freddie is worth more to this team than probably a 6th or 7th though, so I seriously doubt they trade him.

Most likely scenario is that Spiller starts slowly getting more and more carries with Freddie slowly being phased into a 30% time share mostly on short yardage.

Yeah that's a great strategy: Trade the heart and soul of the team away for peanuts, deplete your running back depth and give up one of the best short yardage, pass blocking, assignment-sound RB's in the NFL.

Why do these threads suck me in when I know they're started by casual fans just trying to make a splash?

Next you should write about how we're cutting Dareus.......

In theory, it's an interesting idea. CJ is so unbelievable that the only things that can stop him are injuries and Gailey. Fjax was a borderline MVP candidate before his injury and could definitely start for a bunch of teams (GB, Indy, Cincy, Arizona). If I was GB, I'd definitely kick the tires on Jackson. But given his age, he won't get much back in a trade. So I'd rather keep a great team guy and proven back on this team than just a 5th or lower.

Also, trading a guy like Jackson won't go over well in the lockerroom. I'd favor the carries 60-40 to Spiller but I'd keep Fjax as the goaline and 3rd down back. also, Gailey needs to have more packages with them both in.

This place is a such a joke sometimes

Most teams stockpile talent wherever they can, Bills fans want to acquire a 4th round pick

And then immediatly throw a tantrum because

a) the pick wasn't good enough

and

b) Fred Jackson was good and should never have been traded

Ralph is Cheap, the Front office and coaching staff are incompetent, We will never win until Ralph is gone and the White knight swoops in saving the team and automatically make them winners