Dwayne Bowe wants out of Kansas City, could he be headed to Buffalo?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowe has reportedly expressed his unhappiness with Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports. Cole says that one team could be Miami, but I am hearing that Buffalo will definitely look at him if he is available for trade. It could be what saves Chan. http://nomorelinks....ded-to-buffalo/

Why is Bowe unhappy with Jason Cole? Did Cole write something bad about him? ;)

Do we even have the cap space to sign Bowe long term? CBF

I'd rather resign Levitre and Byrd, then look at upgrades elsewhere. Those aren2 guys we can't afford to lose. I know we need an upgrade at WR, but that WR will be next to useless with our current QB.

This. Not only will Bowe cost big dollars to retain, he'll cost draft picks &/or players to obtain. On top of that, it likely means that one or both of Byrd & Levitre are gone. I'd like to have Bowe but if it's at the expense of Byrd &/or Levitre, I say no thanks.

How about we trade Fred Jackson for Bowe? Now that is a fair trade. I'd rather much do that then to trade a potential valuable pick. If we can pull this off then we can attempt to trade picks for a higher pick in order to get that future QB.

How about we stop with another asinine "trade Fred" proposal? Teams don't go with just one good RB. What if Spiller gets hurt again...who's running the ball? Choice? Please. And why would KC trade their best WR for another RB when they already have Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hills and a young Shaun Draughn? How does that help THEM?? Hardly "a fair trade".

Ground up in the freezer.

Belinda.

On a plane out of Buffalo.

He's at Tempo.

He checked out of the hotel.

And the messengers have been shot.

Did I miss anything in this thread?

'Retard Rodeo'

'It's hard to win trade in the NFL'

It's like people keep repeating the same things over and over.

Recapitulating, even!

hmm.. you dont think the bills are drafting a QB in round 1?

Well you never know, but one knowing Nix he is sold on Fitz and two the "top" QBs aren't the greatest.

Patterson is a big explosive WR who can make big plays in the passing game and scores TDs on special teams, people talk about Hunter but Patterson is the real deal.

We'll get our QB next year. (hopefully)

Ok, so I dont feel like reading 11 pages...can someone just tell me if there is any real substance here? Has there been any confirmed talks with the Chiefs for Bowe (another WR who will waste their career in Buffalo until we get a real QB...see Moulds, Evans, and Johnson) or are people in the media and on here just speculating that the Bills are interested because of Chans history with KC?

So far this feels like speculation or fodder, but curious if there was anything of substance that has come up. I mean is Bowe even being shopped? Do we even know that?

Thanks

Ok, so I dont feel like reading 11 pages...can someone just tell me if there is any real substance here? Has there been any confirmed talks with the Chiefs for Bowe (another WR who will waste their career in Buffalo until we get a real QB...see Moulds, Evans, and Johnson) or are people in the media and on here just speculating that the Bills are interested because of Chans history with KC?

So far this feels like speculation or fodder, but curious if there was anything of substance that has come up. I mean is Bowe even being shopped? Do we even know that?

Thanks

Chan was his offensive coordinator in 2008.

So far this feels like speculation or fodder, but curious if there was anything of substance that has come up. I mean is Bowe even being shopped? Do we even know that? Thanks

Chan was his offensive coordinator in 2008.

And Thigpen was his quarterback.

Anyways Alpha, it appears to be mostly speculation without much basis.

This captures it pretty nicely:

http://www.thephinsi...ith-kansas-city

Thanks for the 411 SJBF, that is about what I figured, which is why I had not really paid too much attention to it. Then when I saw this was 11 pages, I thought maybe there was more to it, but it appears its about what I thought. No denying our interest would make sense given our need for another proven WR and Gaileys KC connection, but honestly, not sure it would do any good considering our issues at QB and the fact he would be joining us mid season. Seems this would be a move that would make more sense in the off season and hopefully after we acquire an upgrade at QB either through trade/FA or the draft (most likely the draft). I would not be upset at acquiring him, but this just feels like it will never be more than speculation until at least the off season.

Not to mention, he upset with that offense in KC...I really do not see how catching passes from Fitzmisseveryone is going to make him any happier.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Great point.

If we could come up with a top talent at QB, then getting Bowe during the offseason would be a nice complimentary move.

I wonder what the free agent WR class is looking like this year.

Last year it was Meachem, Laurent Robinson, and Pierre Garcon. Not terribly impressive at the time and even less so after 6 weeks of the season.

Thanks

Its amazing, every player unhappy with his team is somehow coming here? :doh:

I don't get Bowe's thinking. Why go from a bad team with suspect QB play to another team with suspect QB play to be with a coach that is in a lame duck season and on the hot seat? Maybe he just can't stand Kansas City and doesn't care so long as he gets out.

I really doubt he`s coming to Buffalo.

How quickly did Meachem leave town when Buddy told him at dinner they were committed to Fitz @ QB ????

he left because San Diego offered more money...

Robert Meachum is ranked 93rd in yards and 131st in receptions this season.

Dwayne Bowe is ranked 17th in yards and 11th in receptions this season.

We don`t have a W.R. problem,we have a QB problem. This would be a useless move.

i agree with the first sentence......but what is useless is passing on any and all other oppurtunities to improve the team.

Edited by papazoid

without a qb all of these trades are just redundant. Maybe putting Jackson in over the bye and getting bowe would be a good idea but realistically what is a player coming in halfway through the season going to do when we dont have a qb capable of getting him the ball? I just think its an awful idea. Almost sad to think how good our offense could be with him, stevie, chandler, spiller, and jackson were it not for shitspatrick.

If Fitz were Kurt Warner it would be greatest show on turf all over again. The brain trust at OBD must know how close they are on that side of the ball. A penny for their thoughts.

We don`t have a W.R. problem,we have a QB problem. This would be a useless move.

This should have been the first, and only, response to this thread.

You don't fix a crappy QB problem by replacing wide receivers (ours are very good, by the way). You replace a crappy QB problem by replacing the QUARTERBACK!!! Jeesh.

You don't fix a crappy QB problem by replacing wide receivers (ours are very good, by the way). You replace a crappy QB problem by replacing the QUARTERBACK!!! Jeesh.

Duh.....really

Rumor has it that Mario Williams invited Bowe to his home for tea the afternoon before the Bills/KC game, and Bowe was captivated by the deer running through Mario's backyard.

Get it right.....It`s deers

I would love to see a rookie qb come into a system with CJ, Freddie, Stevie, Chandler, Bowe and Graham with the same O Line we started with minus Pears.

That would be nasty

I think Stevie, Spiller, and Freddy are excellent weapons and our offensive line is excellent. If nothing else, the Bills have created a pretty nice context in which to drop a quarterback. All the offense is really missing besides QB is a legit wideout opposite Stevie (I'm not talking slot guy).

Yeah Me.

You're not alone.

I think a better trade might be for Matt Flynn.

LOL. TJax and Flynn being inactive on Sundays as they learn the offense.

No it wouldn't. Any time a team can add talent, at a reasonable price, they should do it.

Bowe is a better WR than anyone on the Bills not named Stevie Johnson (and I love Nelson

and like Jones and T.J.) and he's as good as Stevie. You add talent constantly.

QB will be addressed. Doesn't preclude them from getting Bowe now. Fitz won't always be

the QB. And if he doesn't pick it up he won't be the QB once the new league year starts in March.

More talent allows more options going forward.

Edited by purple haze

LOL. TJax and Flynn being inactive on Sundays as they learn the offense.

Flynn scored a 38 on the Wonderlic. Jackson scored a 19.

We could use a gutsy leader type guy with limited arm talent getting paid 10m per year. Is Flynn the quickest way to get a guy like that on our roster?'!?!?

Why, when we already have one? Flynn has a decent arm and he'll be paid $10 for the remainder of his contract (2-1/2 seasons).

so, because we have a glaring issue in one place, we should ignore trying to improve other areas as well? Even if we get a quarterback, we are not deep are receiver. This team has several needs not just one, so anything to fill a need is a good move.

Flynn scored a 38 on the Wonderlic. Jackson scored a 19.

Why, when we already have one? Flynn has a decent arm and he'll be paid $10 for the remainder of his contract (2-1/2 seasons).

A decent enough arm to get drafted in the 7th coming off a national championship.