A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Delayed post, I was in VA visiting my daughter and the post got zapped.

1) Barnett covering Fitzgerald on the TD catch? Was this the players or Wanny?

2) Stevie Johnson really deserves praise. He got open against Peterson, and caught what was thrown to him. The man gets open week after week, and this is huge.

3) I have been very concerned about Dareus, who looked pretty lousy the last 2 weeks. Not yesterday. He played a big roll in the safety, in terms of pushing back the pocket and taking away the inside. He did this many times yesterday. I am hoping that this is a sign of things to come, and looking for improvement as well. But those who were calling him a bust can relax imo.

4) Speaking of players being called a bust lol, CJ Spiller played his best game as a Buffalo Bill yesterday imo. Not statistically mind you, but I don't care about that. Did you see him hold the ball with both arms at the end of his long run in the 3rd quarter? And did you notice how he stepped up on pass protection? Yes, Spiller did everything one could ask of him yesterday. He showed his skills, hustled, and played mistake free football. And btw, a on couple of his gains, there wasn't much room. He was patient, and even got yardage on his own.

5) Eric Pears is better than pepole think. He is very tough, and leaves nothing on the field. He will even make tackles, at his size, after turnovers.

6) "Wind in the willow playin'Tea For Two.

The sky was yellow and the sun was blue.

Strangers stoppn ' strangers, just to shake their hand.

Everybody's playin', in the Heart of Gold Band.

Heart of Gold Band."

7) So, what do we make of this? Can we contend for the playoffs? Or even the division?

8) People, this was NOT a lucky win!!! They made 2 long kicks, and a sick, 61 yarder. We knocked the s--t out of their qb, and beat up the other as well. We ran on them with 2 injured starting blockers, and the Cards are not at all weak defensively.

9) While I was in a sports bar in Virginia, the Bills turned the ball over before my first sip of beer. This is a record that can be tied, but never broken.

10) Fitz continues to be a problem. He missed a few passes that probably could have put away the game for us. And the pick by Brad Smith was 100% insane. He was running well, and the wildcat was looking good before that idiotic play.

11) Mario needs to keep it going. According to the announcers, the Cards OTs are notoriously weak. I want to see him continue to dominate. We saw what happens when the front 4 kicks ass. Byrd, who has been awful imo, came away with 2 picks, and Gilmore almost had one as well.

12) It's rough not to like Bradham. Talk about effort.....he is all over the place.

13) Congrats people! We are 3-3, and still alive after 3 ugly losses of historic proportion. This is the hardest Bills team to figure in many years.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9) In a sports bar in Virginia, the Bills turned the ball over before my first sip of beer. This is a record that can be tied, but never broken.

Well, there's the problem. What the hell were the Bills doing in VA when they were supposed to be playing in Arizona?

Well, there's the problem. What the hell were the Bills doing in VA when they were supposed to be playing in Arizona?

Thanks Tom. I changed it. And technically, maybe the record COULD be broken. If they had a turnover, and then I received an important call and ran outside, and they turn it over again. I guess it could happen. But those are some heavy duty odds, no? :D

Edited by Bill from NYC

I agree with most of what you're saying other than:

1. Byrd has played well.

2. Fitz is done: far too inaccurate.

3. Can we contend for the playoffs? Not with this coaching staff. Nix has assembled a good team and they're being coached ineffectively.

I hope we go get a coordinator from the 49ers, Pats, Ravens, Packers, etc. and make him the highest paid coach in the league. NO MORE RETREADS! Get someone in here who can light a fire under a good group of players. The two games prior to this tell me a great deal about Chan and this coaching group: you don't lose like that if you're being coached properly.

Thanks Tom. I changed it. And technically, maybe the record COULD be broken. If they had a turnover, and then I received an important call and ran outside, and they turn it over again. I guess it could happen. But those are some heavy duty odds, no? :D

I was thinking that they could turn it over before you even ordered a beer. Which, given the team's apparent propensity towards "We do dumb **** just to piss off the fans," is downright likely.

Not enough has been made of the 3 points Freddy spotted them with less than 3 minutes gone by. On TOP of that, not enough has been made of the SIXTY ONE YARD FIELD GOAL MADE.

Folks, since the beginning of the league, there have been FIVE...FIVE made-field goals that were longer that 61 yards.

Not enough has been made of the fact that this was a road win, two time zones away, after a west coast trip seven days prior. That Arizona crowd was LOUD, and we played right through it.

Not enough has been made of the fact that Arizona, after an embarrassing loss in STL last Thursday, had 10 days to prepare for Buffalo and fix their mistakes.

The questionable play-calls (and yes, they were questionable) were ALL hero/goat calls, and just our luck, they all went the way of the goat. This game was a few plays, and a SIXTY ONE YARD FIELD GOAL away from being a decisive win over a hot team at home. Instead, it was just a win. GO BILLS!

I was thinking that they could turn it over before you even ordered a beer. Which, given the team's apparent propensity towards "We do dumb **** just to piss off the fans," is downright likely.

You seem unusually angry after this win.

Not enough has been made of the 3 points Freddy spotted them with less than 3 minutes gone by. On TOP of that, not enough has been made of the SIXTY ONE YARD FIELD GOAL MADE.

Folks, since the beginning of the league, there have been FIVE...FIVE made-field goals that were longer that 61 yards.

Not enough has been made of the fact that this was a road win, two time zones away, after a west coast trip seven days prior. That Arizona crowd was LOUD, and we played right through it.

Not enough has been made of the fact that Arizona, after an embarrassing loss in STL last Thursday, had 10 days to prepare for Buffalo and fix their mistakes.

The questionable play-calls (and yes, they were questionable) were ALL hero/goat calls, and just our luck, they all went the way of the goat. This game was a few plays, and a SIXTY ONE YARD FIELD GOAL away from being a decisive win over a hot team at home. Instead, it was just a win. GO BILLS!

great points. agree with all of them.

1) Barnett covering Fitzgerald on the TD catch? Was this the players or Wanny?

2) Stevie Johnson really deserves praise. He got open against Peterson, and caught what was thrown to him. The man gets open week after week, and this is huge.

3) I have been very concerned about Dareus, who looked pretty lousy the last 2 weeks. Not yesterday. He played a big roll in the safety, in terms of pushing back the pocket and taking away the inside. He did this many times yesterday. I am hoping that this is a sign of things to come, and looking for improvement as well. But those who were calling him a bust can relax imo.

4) Speaking of players being called a bust lol, CJ Spiller played his best game as a Buffalo Bill yesterday imo. Not statistically mind you, but I don't care about that. Did you see him hold the ball with both arms at the end of his long run in the 3rd quarter? And did you notice how he stepped up on pass protection? Yes, Spiller did everything one could ask of him yesterday. He showed his skills, hustled, and played mistake free football. And btw, a on couple of his gains, there wasn't much room. He was patient, and even got yardage on his own.

5) Eric Pears is better than pepole think. He is very tough, and leaves nothing on the field. He will even make tackles, at his size, after turnovers.

6) "Wind in the willow playin'Tea For Two.

The sky was yellow and the sun was blue.

Strangers stoppn ' strangers, just to shake their hand.

Everybody's playin', in the Heart of Gold Band.

Heart of Gold Band."

7) So, what do we make of this? Can we contend for the playoffs? Or even the division?

8) People, this was NOT a lucky win!!! They made 2 long kicks, and a sick, 61 yarder. We knocked the s--t out of their qb, and beat up the other as well. We ran on them with 2 injured starting blockers, and the Cards are not at all weak defensively.

9) While I was in a sports bar in Virginia, the Bills turned the ball over before my first sip of beer. This is a record that can be tied, but never broken.

10) Fitz continues to be a problem. He missed a few passes that probably could have put away the game for us. And the pick by Brad Smith was 100% insane. He was running well, and the wildcat was looking good before that idiotic play.

11) Mario needs to keep it going. According to the announcers, the Cards OTs are notoriously weak. I want to see him continue to dominate. We saw what happens when the front 4 kicks ass. Byrd, who has been awful imo, came away with 2 picks, and Gilmore almost had one as well.

12) It's rough not to like Bradham. Talk about effort.....he is all over the place.

13) Congrats people! We are 3-3, and still alive after 3 ugly losses of historic proportion. This is the hardest Bills team to figure in many years.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post :thumbsup:

The Bills are what they are. 3-3. They lose to the better teams and beat the bad teams. The Cardinals, with those 2 tackles, are not a good football team and their record will bear that out.

I'm not excited or concerned. The Bills will only approach relevance when they beat the Texans or Pats. Til then, they are 8-8 because of a bad QB.

I don't want to be too negative but I'm not on board with your more positive perspective on this game. For the most part success in the NFL is predicated on the play of the qb. Fitz is simply too erratic of a passer and he can't adequately make a lot of the throws. As the season advances the passing game is going to be more challenging because defenses are going to press more and take away the short passing game. Although Graham had a big drop at the end of the game he is capable of getting downfield. His speed is neutralized because Fitz is incapable of throwing the long ball.

There are going to be times when Fitz gets back into rhythm and looks like a legitimate starting qb. Don't be fooled.

The reality is that he is too limited as a passer to open up the field. I thought that Chan had some peculiar calls. But in his defense he can't use his menu of plays because Fitz can't make a lot of the throws.

As good as Spiller is in making big plays he would be even better in a more spaced out field if we had a qb who can keep the defenders honest by calling longer pass routes. That's not going to happen until we get a more physically talented qb. If Nix doesn't pursue the best qb prospect or maneuver to get one in this next draft he should be fired. He has done a reasonably good job in upgrading both lines. He had an opportunity to draft Dalton but instead he took a CB, Aaron Williams, who is struggling while Dalton is demonstrating that he is a capable qb. If he would have taken the qb from TCU he would now be starting for us.

Are the Bills a legitimate playoff team? In my estimation no. When they played good teams such as the Pats and 49ers they demonstrated that they can't measure up.

On a positive note Nix's roster is not that far away. It needs to upgrade the LBing corp (I also like Bradham) and it needs a good qb. The shame of the situation is that by not addressing the qb position sooner when the opportunity existed (Dalton) it set this franchise back in years because a good prospect still has to going through the learning process to get soom high quality production from the position.

The Bills have a good chance of beating the Titans next week at home. Don't get caught up in the short term enthusiasm. Until the qb position is dramatically upgraded this franchise is still going to be stuck in the mediocre middle.

The Bills are what they are. 3-3. They lose to the better teams and beat the bad teams. The Cardinals, with those 2 tackles, are not a good football team and their record will bear that out.

I'm not excited or concerned. The Bills will only approach relevance when they beat the Texans or Pats. Til then, they are 8-8 because of a bad QB.

Yes, we are what we are and we are 3-3.

But we are one butt-FUGLY 3-3. Easily the worst 3-3 team in the league, given the nature of our 3 losses.

GO BILLS!!!

We still gave up a boatload of yards to Arizona. we need to stop giving up 300+ yards per game

It will be a long while before this defense gets out of my doghouse.

Our LBs are the worst position group on our team. And that's saying something given the play of Fitz and DBs this season. Fitz looks like Rogers and our DBs all cover like Revis in comparison to how bad our LBs are.

GO BILLS!!!

Pears is what he is. Which is a good depth player and a second stringer.

I respectfully disagree....Pears has proven (IMO) to be an above average starting RT. In particular, he excells in run blocking....the guy is an absolute mauler. If they didn't have a walking tackling dummy next to him at RG the past few weeks, you would notice the Bills running right behing Pears a whole lot more.