Shawne merriman is back with the Bills

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must have gotten a good look at the tape showing Kelsay getting abused in the run game yesterday as well as losing contain of Kolb on scrambles. He played terribly and I've never been one to jump on the anti-Kelsay bandwagon. It was honestly one of his worst games as a DE (he never should have been asked to play the OLB position).

GO BILLS!!!

And I was about to disagree, because I felt it was one of the better performances we've seen from a defensive tackle this season.

Then I realized those two observations aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

i like it b/c we definitely need depth/leadership at the LB position...i thought Bradham played a pretty good game against the cards though when he was in there..wouldn't mind seeing more of him. To me, Bradham is already better than Scott.

Edited by bobobonators

The great thing is that he's been out of the league for a few months and I'm sure he was hitting the "JUICE" pretty hard. So maybe he'll be a wrecking ball for the remainder of the season until the juice wears off or his legs. Whichever comes first.

Exactly. -DRUG TEST!!!

Yeah....sounds like Anderson is out for a while. But hey, he knows the system and was playing pretty OK in the preseason. Will be interesting to see how he will be used.

Please use him as a LB. Pass rush from the outside. Line can keep Kelsay, Williams, Williams and Dearus. LB: Sheppard, Barnett, Bradham (sp)/Merriman.

i like it b/c we definitely need depth/leadership at the LB position...i thought Bradham played a pretty good game against the cards though when he was in there..wouldn't mind seeing more of him. To me, Bradham is already better than Scott.

Yeah, but that's not hard since Scott is a DB who the Bills oddly think is a LB.

Also, the people who think this is a bad idea need to consider: (1) Anderson is out for the year; (2) what other options are there to replace him that are as good as Merriman. At worst, he plays at our current players level, at best, he plays decent like he did a few times in preseason and at the beginning of last season.

Edited by RyanC883

This is good... Anderson is a little undersized, so Merriman and him are similar players. Fills that void. Can we talk about how good a motivated Chris Kelsey was? I'm not a huge fan of his, but way to step up!!

I agree. He came to play. The AZ O-line is terrible, but Kelsey is reliable. Generally slightly above average on a consistent basis, knows where he is supposed to be on the field, etc. A quality backup/rotational player.