Shawne merriman is back with the Bills

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows, this could be the wakeup call the guy needed. A few days ago, he thought his NFL career was over. Legitimately. We cut ties with him and nobody was calling. He had a tryout with the 49ers (I think) and that was it.

It may have lit a fire under him. The "Now or Never" type. I didn't think much of this move beyond depth, at first. But listening to both Merriman and Gailey talk in their pressers, it sounds like "Lights Out" is going to play. And I think we could be surprised with what comes of it in his limited reps. Especially if Mario stays hot on the other End spot. He is known for being "streaky", after all :thumbsup:

His NFL career is over. Only the Bills and Merriman haven't figured it out yet. Mario is now hot? Wow!

I just heard Shawne on the Loose Canons, he sounded good, looking forward to getting some reps. Is going to replace Mark Anderson. Loves playing in Buffalo and loves the coaches.

Obviously he likes Buffalo, no one else would even give him a sniff.

His NFL career is over. Only the Bills and Merriman haven't figured it out yet. Mario is now hot? Wow!

Uh.... yeah. He had two sacks and a bunch of key plays against Arizona. He would have had at least one more if he didn't accidentally horse collar Kolb and have to let go or give up a penalty (which was a pretty heads up play). That was his last showing. So at this moment, he's playing well until he proves otherwise.

You choose to pour dirt on Shawne. That's your prerogative. To me, I think everything happens for a reason. And I just have a gut feeling that he'll look good if given the opportunity.

But, silly me. Optimism surrounded by cynicism sounds like insanity. I get it. :thumbdown:

I think this is more to do about Anderson rather than Merriman. I think Anderson is done for the yr. They used up a roster spot getting Merriman back. That means he was got to backup Kelsey? Picture that Lights out backing up Kelsey. wow

Anyway I hope that he can at least still play the run well. We need some help there.

but this is a surprising move to say the least.

Oh and SJ, the buffalo in your avatar looks fat.

If you think SJ's avatar looks fat, you must be a vegetarian. Or live in the Midwest where the drought is making the cows look like horses and they are feeding them gummy worms.

(true story: "It's a pretty colorful load," said Yoder, who operates about 450 dairy cows on his farm in northern Indiana. "Anything that keeps the feed costs down."

As the worst drought in half a century has ravaged this year's U.S. corn crop and driven corn prices sky high, the market for alternative feed rations for beef and dairy cows has also skyrocketed. Brokers are gathering up discarded food products and putting them out for the highest bid to feed lot operators and dairy producers, who are scrambling to keep their animals fed. In the mix are cookies, gummy worms, marshmallows, fruit loops, orange peels, even dried cranberries. Cattlemen are feeding virtually anything they can get their hands on that will replace the starchy sugar content traditionally delivered to the animals through corn...." Link: http://www.reuters.c...E88M05N20120923

Merriman is our Ray Lewis, he inspires the guys around him to step it up and be tough. Not the team that gives up 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing.

OH......Now I know why our defense SUCKS!!!! Thanks for splainin'!!! I suppose Rosie O'Donnell is our Gisele??

621-JFRC3.St.55.jpeg

Edited by Cville Bills