Brian Moorman Released!

sven233

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was told by a friend who works for the Bills (doesnt hold a high up postion with the team ) so take this with a grain of salt..that he asked to be released due to personal reasons many think his wifes cancer has acclerated. If this is the case I wish him nothing but the best and prayers out to his wife and family...

I was told by a friend who works for the Bills (doesnt hold a high up postion with the team ) so take this with a grain of salt..that he asked to be released due to personal reasons many think his wifes cancer has acclerated. If this is the case I wish him nothing but the best and prayers out to his wife and family...

If such is the case thoughts and prayers def go out to him his wife and their family

just stop with this stuff. Nix just said he did not ask to be released.

Wow...this thread has blown up almost as much as the Mario Williams signing thread.

Okay, not quite. But still. We're talking about a punter.

Brian Moorman is a 100% class act. I wish him all the best. This was the right move from a football perspective, and I think the locker room will be fine because the team treated him with dignity and respect. He got lots of praise in the press event and on the Bills' official channels. He'll have a solid chance to land a job elsewhere, so that'll help the locker room vibe, too. Players understand it's about making the team better.

Edited by WickedGame

Doesn't mean it's true though. There might be clauses in the CBA that hurt Moorman's years of service for his pension or would forfeit his remaining salary if he asks for his release. In a situation like that the Bills would be classy to tell us a fib. We'll know if he signs on with another team or not.

I am just forwarding what I heard..I honestly am not a reporter nor try to be but I don't see why someone would make up a rumor especially one that involves cancer that would be a terrible one to create..Asking for his release probably hurts his pension vs being cut...Again I dont know the logistics of it but makes sense if it did...

I wish you the best Brian. I recall fondly watching games at McFaddens when your fakes would inspire chants of MVP! MVP! MVP! across the bar.

I get the move, but I'm not thrilled because Brian Moorman was one of the few bright spots for us for a lot of years.

Great move by the organization. Sends the message that everyone is accountable even untouchable vets. The shocking thing about it is that Moorman had a hall of fame career in the preseason.

I tend to agree. When Polian left, and Levy gained more power, he didn't move soon enough to replace aging stars. I use the word, "stars," because unfortunately, BM was, for a few years, one of our best players. If Nix and Gailey think that this move can win us even 1 football game, I am all for it.

Sorry to get philisophical, but imo Bills fans have a right to root for themselves. Bills fans are as loyal as it gets, especially long term Bills fans. I am sorry to see a good citizen/former great player lose his job, but my senses tell me that he will be OK. And I understand the reaction from Jackson. He has a young player (Spiller) breathing down his neck as well. Hey, these players earn millions of dollars. They deserve it too imo. They are getting hit by genetic mutants, and doing things that average humans simply cannot do. FJ probably expects some type of loyalty. But this is a business, and the business is to win football games. Bills fans have suffered through losses, draft blunders, and a 12 year playoff drought.

So while I extend thanks, and best wishes to BM, it's time to move on, reverse the tide of losing football games, and make the playoffs.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I posted the above before I read about the possibility of his wife being sick, and I pray that this is untrue.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Nix is in no position to divulge Moorman's personal life. Had he said "yes he asked to be released," he'd have been asked a hundred questions over why. And Nix has lied before.

I am just forwarding what I heard..I honestly am not a reporter nor try to be but I don't see why someone would make up a rumor especially one that involves cancer that would be a terrible one to create..Asking for his release probably hurts his pension vs being cut...Again I dont know the logistics of it but makes sense if it did...

I tend to believe this as Thurman tweeted he knew why but couldn't say...would make sense under those conditions to respect his privacy and potentially his money...say what you want, the Bills tend to take care of their players under those conditions...

If he signs on with another team in the next couple weeks, I would sincerely doubt that his wife had anything to do with it. If he doesn't, since he would be an instant upgrade on at least some teams, I would think it's possible.

One thing that probably played a part in it is that we as Bills Fans, almost all of us here on the board, have vivid recollections of how good Moorman was. And it has resonance because we also like him as a player and person and Buffalonian and man.

But IMO he hasn't been good for three years. Gailey has no such recollection, or very little, of how good he was or can be outside of some highlights he might have seen on SportsCenter. Nix had one extra year on the Bills but he was mostly on the road scouting. Their perceptions of just how good Moorman is as a punter are very different from most fans.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Weren't all of Potter's kicks returned against Cleveland? Isn't that why they have him, maybe he should be the one to go.

50% would put him top 10 in the league last year, solidly.

he cant put them all out of the back of the endzone, and some teams will take the deep returns.

another case of not understanding the standard around the league.

50% would put him top 10 in the league last year, solidly.

he cant put them all out of the back of the endzone, and some teams will take the deep returns.

another case of not understanding the standard around the league.

Frankly, I don't ever remember a KR returning a regular kick in the middle of the game that was 9 yards deep. And Cribbs did it twice.