Brian Moorman Released!

sven233

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistake. He will make them look really dumb when another team signs him this week.

I'm not up on the league punter situation but which teams are so desperate that they would cut their existing starter to pick up a just released 36 year old?

Powell has a much better future and it was wrong to risk him by cutting him in the preseason. I was surprised this did not happen four weeks ago. This is also Lindell's last year, IMO. Younger more lively legs will beat out old more expensive legs.

That being said, Moorman gave it everything he had for a long time.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Good Punters and kickers play for 13-20+ years. The better leg will beat out the lesser leg.

This may only be me, but I have very little confidence in DeHaven.

Our ST, particularly punting, took a noticeable downturn when Dehaven took over for April. I attributed it to a difference in philosophies &/or emphasis by the HC (you can say Jauron was weak in several areas, but at least he supported strong ST).

How much of it was Moorman's decline, we might never know. He'll presumably catch on elsewhere & we'll see how he does.

Regardless, our punt team was not doing well & I suppose it's easier to cut a punter than fire the ST coach.

Best of luck & hope for continued success Brian (unless you sign w/ the Patsies).

I actually find this move kind of refreshing in a sense. Not that Moorman got cut, becasue he has been a great pro, but if you don't perform, you get cut. Simple as that. I know we all have our sentimental players that we love, but when your skills diminish it's time to move on. That being said, I wish him the best of luck. Great guy from all accounts, now a average punter at best.

I can't imagine dario and stallworth are worth cutting moorman over. I hope it is to make room for someone better than those two

It doesnt matter. Moormans salary is guaranteed after being a vested veteran on opening day roster.

He'll get a full years salary from Bills plus whatever another team pays him if hes picked up.

Could this possibly be injury related? Has a team ever placed a punter on IR? Just seems like very strange timing. Moorman was doing very well in the Preseason and then in the Regular Season hasnt been performing well at all, and it could be because of injury.

Just a punt in the nuts...dang...... really liked #8 - he is a classy, community oriented guy and a very good athlete. Chan was obviously upset by the fact that the directional punts gave up field position -- he wants both a non - returnable punt and the ability to flip the field. They believe they get that in Powell so the proof will be in the results.

The Patriots* would :devil:

I'm surprised they didn't try to outbid us for Powell after they heard that Moorman was released.

Zoltan Mesko (NE) was actually 3rd in the league last year with a net average of 41.5 yards.. he's one of the best punters in the league right now.