Brian Moorman Released!

sven233

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I seem to remember some FSU fans saying he was strong at directional punting (Ramius maybe?) anyway here is a link that kinda confirms that

became a proficient rugby-style punter, improving his directional accuracy while limiting returning opportunities

Maybe it was Ramius, but I live in Tallahassee and watched him punt for the Noles and thought he was pretty good at the directional punt. Hope it works out.

Wow! I did not see this coming at all.

Moorman is getting up there and getting a new punter seemed likely in another year or two, but not like this.

So long Brian. You were our MVP for one of the worst decades in Bills history. Sorry we couldn't get you to the post season.

Performance trumps sentimentality in the NFL.

I'm glad the Bills aren't willing to stay married to their mistakes, but they would have saved money by cutting him in the preseason while giving Moorman the chance to hook up with another team before the season started.

Could this move possibly be injury related, and we just dont know about it yet? It's strange timing and Moorman was punting very well in the Preseason and then for some reason, the last few games has really struggled. Has a team ever put a punter on IR? Just trying to make some sense of this.

Powell has a much better future and it was wrong to risk him by cutting him in the preseason. I was surprised this did not happen four weeks ago. This is also Lindell's last year, IMO. Younger more lively legs will beat out old more expensive legs.

That being said, Moorman gave it everything he had for a long time.

Edited by jumbalaya

This may only be me, but I have very little confidence in DeHaven. Even putting aside the Music City Miracle, he doesn't seem to be in the same league as Bobby April. I only say this because I wonder if DeHaven had a say in Moorman getting cut, or if Moorman's failure to execute DeHaven's calls (e.g., directional kicks) influenced the decision.

My hunch is that this is probably closer to the truth. The two never had a great relationship.