Brian Moorman Released!

sven233

Not surprised, Moorman was terrible through the first three games. Chan is sending a good message that its about performance not reputation, something that wasn't so in the past years.

Then nobody else should be concerned, as nobody else has a reputation for performance...

I keed, I keed.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two things: The first is that I'm surprised that the NFL.com page printed Jackson's "WTF" tweet. I know it's shorthand, but it is still an obscinity and if a player uttered the same aloud he would probably get fined.

Second, is that Moorman holding on kicks is more of an immediate concern for me with this move. he is rock solid there and I hope we don't see Lindell have issues. Will Powell hold or is there someone else on the roster that has that skill set?

This isn't official yet...no such transaction listed on team website and no vtext yet received.

That doesn't mean it hasn't happened. When current players are tweeting about it (Wood, Morrison, FredEx) as well as the Bills beat reporter (Graham), you can pretty much assume it's a done deal.

Second, is that Moorman holding on kicks is more of an immediate concern for me with this move. he is rock solid there and I hope we don't see Lindell have issues. Will Powell hold or is there someone else on the roster that has that skill set?

This is what occurred to me after processing this move. I am quite concerned with this aspect (holding) of it as Lindell and Moorman seem to have good comradery and chemistry. Plus, Moorman was killing it with his punts in the preseason big time so it's not like his ability has tanked. My impression at this point is that it's a stupid move. Clearly Moorman has the respect of the locker room too if Freddie is sticking up for him. Powell better be something special or this move doesn't make any sense.

I just looked Powell up a little more. He's 6'4" and 248 pounds according to his profile. This dude could be the next Shane Lechler (a beast punter who is clearly the best in the league).

The Bills have made it official.

I'm not sure who this is but I saw this retweeted by one of the BillsMafia guys:

Michael Thomas ‏@MichaelThomas82

Holy ****! I hope its not true RT @ChrisByrd13 Not sure its true.But Im hearing Moorman's wife has terminal cancer & he asked to be released

This isn't official yet...no such transaction listed on team website and no vtext yet received.

Oops....just got the vtext.

Just tweeted by official Bills account...

Buffalo Bills @buffalobills

The Buffalo #Bills today announced the release of P Brian Moorman and the signing of P Sean Powell

The Bills have made it official.

I'm not sure who this is but I saw this retweeted by one of the BillsMafia guys:

Michael Thomas ‏@MichaelThomas82

Holy ****! I hope its not true RT @ChrisByrd13 Not sure its true.But Im hearing Moorman's wife has terminal cancer & he asked to be released

Wow, if true, God Bless him. I have nothing but positive things to say either way about Moorman. He's been a steady and good player for the Bills through these long and lean years.