Brian Moorman Released!

sven233

The Bills have made it official.

I'm not sure who this is but I saw this retweeted by one of the BillsMafia guys:

Michael Thomas ‏@MichaelThomas82

Holy ****! I hope its not true RT @ChrisByrd13 Not sure its true.But Im hearing Moorman's wife has terminal cancer & he asked to be released

Jesus, I really hope that's not true.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure who this is but I saw this retweeted by one of the BillsMafia guys:

Holy ****! I hope its not true RT @ChrisByrd13 Not sure its true.But Im hearing Moorman's wife has terminal cancer & he asked to be released

Really hope that is not true. Awful if true.

Wow, if true, God Bless him. I have nothing but positive things to say either way about Moorman. He's been a steady and good player for the Bills through these long and lean years.

I also hope it's not true. But it would at least clarify things a bit.

15 pages for a punter???

WTF

I predicted Powell would win the job in camp but Moorman withstood the challenge until those shanks on Sunday.

Gailey hinted at them in his press conference but still didn't expect it.

For the record I also predicted Merriman would be a great situational pass rusher this year...

Not sure what to think. If something is indeed wrong with his wife (which I pray ISN'T the case) then why wouldn't he just retire? I also don't buy too much into what Thurman Thomas says either. I would be more interested into hearing what Jill Kelly has to say if anything was said by her at all.

I think in the end it was a performance issue. At the very least, that's what I hope it was for. In any event he was a good player for the Bills. Even if he was only a punter he still did a great job at it.

I'm just thinking out loud about this.

Eagles sign P McBriar, waive Henry

Today, the Eagles waived their punter, and signed retread Matt McBriar.

IMHO, the Eagles wanted to sign Powell from the Bills practice squad and, in order to keep him, the Bills had to sign him and dump Moorman.

And this might have been exactly what the Eagles wanted. Bobby April might have been gunning for his boy, Moorman, all along.

I'm just thinking out loud about this.

Eagles sign P McBriar, waive Henry

Today, the Eagles waived their punter, and signed retread Matt McBriar.

IMHO, the Eagles wanted to sign Powell from the Bills practice squad and, in order to keep him, the Bills had to sign him and dump Moorman.

Powell wasn't on the Bills' practice squad.

not taking a shot at you, as I know you're just re-posting something you've read but it's totally wrong for people to tweet rumors like this.

Edited by bills44

I don't think there is any validity to the "wife has cancer" story, simply because of this:

http://blogs.buffalo...oormans-future/

Why would Chris Brown, who obviously would be in the loop about these things, write an article about where Moorman is going to go next if Moorman asked for his release to tend to his wife's illness?

The most obvious answer is that Moorman's play has declined over the last few years and the Bills went younger. Simple.

Edited by BillsGuyInBallstonSpa

Moorman's stat line for 2012:

15 punts, 45.5 gross average, 2 downed inside 20, 1 touchback.

Net average of 32.7 is 30th in the league.

I think our problem going forward will be (a) holding for Lindell, and (b) explaining why we waited until Pats* Week to do this.