Brian Moorman Released!

sven233

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, since Moorman was going to be a 37 year-old free agent next season anyway, I gotta say I'm not totally shocked - except for the timing, and that they didn't keep Shawn Powell on the practice squad as I suggested they should back in August...

link

I'm assuming that Powell is still available and they've contacted or already signed him? (I know he had a try-out with the Jests after we cut him.)

Let's hope Belicheat* doesn't sign Moorman tomorrow...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!! :beer:

Moorman has been disappointing, not entirely but for the most part, for three seasons. He was a GREAT player and punter and teammate for so long, but he has been far less than that for far, far too long. He had three bad punts, IMO, last game. He no longer can consistently drop the ball inside the 20 let alone the 10. I'm surprised only a little.

This move is not at all surprising. His play has regressed the last 3 years; this year he's been nothing short of awful. Best punter in franchise history, but time to move on. And if anyone watched the Seattle punter last night (Ryan), it's evidently clear that Moorman couldn't come close to matching what he can do.

From Tim Graham:

https://twitter.com/...640412438564864

Bills cut Moorman apparently for shaky games w/directional punts, which are called by coach. Powell's weakest trait directional/pooch punts.

I seem to remember some FSU fans saying he was strong at directional punting (Ramius maybe?) anyway here is a link that kinda confirms that

became a proficient rugby-style punter, improving his directional accuracy while limiting returning opportunities

Moorman was by far the best player in the preseason. Very suprised by this. Looked pretty terrible last week though - there must have been some locker room stuff after the game - maybe a disagreement on philosophy or something.

Doubt it. Moorman has always ALWAYS been a good soldier.

This is entirely a performance thing.

For the same reason a contractor can't keep on a construction guy who can't lift 4x4s after 11 a.m., I think BM hit a wall two seasons ago WRT his "touch" on pinbacks and power over the course of the season. That he had a good preseason may be owing to the offseason rest period.

I don't think that punt where he outkicked his coverage this week that allowed for the returner to build steam and make a 30-yard return helped at all. Nor the return TD against the Jets in the opener, tho I was only half-watching at that point and I haven't seen replays to see what happened there.