Brian Moorman Released!

sven233

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This all happened cause our punt coverage sucks and our best bet is to kick out of bounds...sucks he gets cut because other guys suck at their jobs but can't replace a whole punt coverage team...

Our punt coverage sucks?

I thought they did a fair job on Cribbs......you know the most feared returner in the league?

no one wants a practice player/gym all star

gotta get it done on the field, and through three games Moorman has been pretty terrible

Agreed...And I guess it's selective memory time for some around here...Because Moorman has had some terrible games over the past few years...He's no where near the Punter he used to be...Still a great guy though... B-)

This may only be me, but I have very little confidence in DeHaven. Even putting aside the Music City Miracle, he doesn't seem to be in the same league as Bobby April. I only say this because I wonder if DeHaven had a say in Moorman getting cut, or if Moorman's failure to execute DeHaven's calls (e.g., directional kicks) influenced the decision.

I have been banging this drum since they hired him. He is no Bobby April that's for sure!

Sorry, but I am far from ignorant and I completely agree with this move. Moorman is a good guy, but he can not execute basic punts like pinning the ball inside the 20 and coffin corner type kicks. As for your assertion that he has been a top 3 punter in the NFL for years, it simply is not true. Not once in his career has Moorman finished in the top 3 punters in the league. In the past 5 years, he has finished number 12, 10, 4, 11 and 8. His botched punt on Sunday almost let Cleveland back in the game. When he kicks long, they are generally line drives and very returnable. Powell is a very good punter and I believe at this point he will be an improvement over Moorman. We can agree to disagree on this one and I won't even call you names.

2005 - 1st in Avg and 1st in Net/ 2003 3rd in Avg - You still make valid points overall, just sayin.... :D