Bills Worked out Donte Stallworth Today

cmjoyce113

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk

The Bills worked out WR Donte' Stallworth today, per league source.

That's interesting...so is this:

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk

Christian Ponder explains that Vikings realized 49ers struggle against teams that run the ball well http://wp.me/p14QSB-5w0A

View summary

Big Cat - Maybe they are looking for that "tall, physical specimen" they missed out on in taking Graham...I think both of these WR's are over 6'2". Nelson is out so Chan feels that he may need a tallish guy akin to Nelson for Fitz' benefit?? No idea why, but I don't mind them looking for sales in the Sunday paper.

Big Cat - Maybe they are looking for that "tall, physical specimen" they missed out on in taking Graham...I think both of these WR's are over 6'2". Nelson is out so Chan feels that he may need a tallish guy akin to Nelson for Fitz' benefit?? No idea why, but I don't mind them looking for sales in the Sunday paper.

Good thoughts--could also be a contingency plan for big, up-the-seam scheming with running backs potentially in short supply..?

Good thoughts--could also be a contingency plan for big, up-the-seam scheming with running backs potentially in short supply..?

That makes sense--- but Stallworth is only 6'0". Danario Alexander is 6'5", though.

Whether or not we sign him, I am just happy to see the FO never rests while looking for possible upgrades.

I agree 100%. Midseason workouts like this were how we got Pears and Chandler…possibly Urbik too but I can’t remember his situation.

Stallworth could probably step in and contribute right away if we choose to sign him. He’s been around the league awhile and should be able to pick up the offense pretty quickly. Alexander would probably take a little longer to pick things up since he’s young and fairly green but I saw him play a game with the Rams last year and he was a beast.

The loss of Nelson seems unimportant through two wins. But that's foolish to believe. Probably in practice the void is really felt and the coaches need more talent to do what we want to do.

we need a clutch big body vet for red zone opportunities.....where Nelson thrived. I thought Plax albeit he isn't the greatest guy

Didn't he spend all training camp with NE? How much of the playbook does he remember?

This.

Didn't he used to play for the Pats?

Stallworth? Yep, 2007 and I believe he spent this year's training camp with them (cut at the end)

Kinda long in the tooth though - his best year was 2005

The loss of Nelson seems unimportant through two wins. But that's foolish to believe. Probably in practice the void is really felt and the coaches need more talent to do what we want to do.

I suspect that Jones is not getting open in the slot as much as they'd hoped, and likely they are looking to limit the damage to FJ and CJ by not using them as heavily as receivers

Aside from potential insider information from Stallworth, I'd rather them bring back Roosevelt. The guy knows how to run routes, gets open, and has great hands. The only reason he hasn't caught on anywhere is his size and speed. But if you get open, run good routes, and catch the balls thrown to you, how important are speed and size anyway?

I don't understand the love affair with easley.

It's not so much blind devotion. This is Easley's 3rd year in the system. He knows the system. He's still the same guy the Bills brass were very positive about when they drafted him. He doesn't have the game experience you'd like due to being on IR for two years, but the upside is that he knows Gailey's system. He's still the big and fast target he was when they drafted him. I really think the guy just needs an opportunity to get on the field and he'll do some good things. I'll put it this way, I'd hate for Buffalo to never find out and then he goes and has a stellar career for some other team. Let's see what he can do. NIx has been fairly decent at evaluating talent and I trust Nix's original instincts on this pick. I want to see what he can do in real games that count.

6-5 217 gee doesnt sound like a Nix guy to me :flirt:

What's with all the WR's passing through OBD?

Still no confidence in #11?

plenty mister plenty

Whether or not we sign him, I am just happy to see the FO never rests while looking for possible upgrades.

This brother. This ^