TJ Graham inactive

Kelly the Dog

Stevie must be okay, although the Bills do have Ruvell Martin to go if he has to. I just expect to see a lot of Spiller and Fred Ex together, and a bunch of two TE formations. Graham is a surprise. I think we should have let him get his feet wet and just run deep as a decoy even. I wish they would have not dressed Martin.

I forgot about Dickerson. He could play a good amount, too.

I assume that pretty much the only reason that Graham is inactive this game are because of the Jets defense, which isn't likely to give Fitz a lot of time to go deep, and in his first NFL game he would have a little trouble getting off the LOS against the Jet CBs.

I assume that pretty much the only reason that Graham is inactive this game are because of the Jets defense, which isn't likely to give Fitz a lot of time to go deep, and in his first NFL game he would have a little trouble getting off the LOS against the Jet CBs.

hopefully rex has as well!

I think you nailed it.

I have to wonder why. I mean, there wasn't any word about injury and through it's not as if he is a critical loss that leaves us with 3 WR. I'm really mystified what sets we'll be showing.

I think he is a healthy scratch. We are fine as far as targets go: Stevie, Nelson, Jones, Brad Smith, CJ, Freddie, and Dickerson will all spread out. That's 7 guys, and doesn't include Martin who may play.

Not upset about this at all. Like someone said on the first page, perhaps they didn't think either A) Fitz will have time to be chucking 50 yard bombs or B) Graham has the skill set to beat the jam. Cromartie is a BIG CB. In fact, I think Graham gives up about 3 inches and 30-35 lbs on Cromartie. Kyle Wilson is a pretty physical CB too as their nickel guy.

It opens up the possibility for a LOT of interesting sets for the Bills. 2 TE with Chandler/Smith to ground and pound, 2 RB with Fred and CJ both in the backfield, sets with Dickerson or CJ running routes out of the backfield, sets with Dickerson or CJ split out wide, etc. With guys like CJ and Dickerson, you can run a "5 wide" set without putting Ruvell Martin out there to run routes, since that's what you guys like to complain about, even though he is a special teams MONSTER. Stevie, Jones, Nelson, and some combination of CJ/Chandler/Dickerson will be the "5 wide" set if they go to it today. Write it down.

Howell, Young, Colin Brown, Kyle Moore, Tarvaris, and one other, a LB but they didnt have the right number

From Chris Brown's twitter:

QB T. Jackson, WR T.J. Graham, DB D. Howell, DE K. Moore, LB K. Morrison, OT S. Young, OL C. Brown.

I'm surprised about Morrison and Graham, my guess is they really are taking special teams seriously for this game and they want Chris White and Ruvell Martin active for that reason

Kind of a head-scratcher, IMO

Not really. They likely plan to run more 2 TE and 2 TE/1 back sets like they did in the 2nd game last year, so they'll only be putting 2 or 3 WR on the field. Even if SJ is limited, that gives Jones, Nelson, and Brad Smith or Ruvell Martin on the field. They also seem to have confidence in Spiller and Jackson's pass-catching abilities.

Stevie must be okay, although the Bills do have Ruvell Martin to go if he has to. I just expect to see a lot of Spiller and Fred Ex together, and a bunch of two TE formations. Graham is a surprise. I think we should have let him get his feet wet and just run deep as a decoy even. I wish they would have not dressed Martin.

Had the same exact thought on Graham, let him play, take some hits and maybe make a play or two. This surprised me.