My Annual Thank You Post....(And a Few Thoughts)

I for one prefer TSW in the offseason. To me, this is where we out class other boards. There are people here who truly put time and effort into predicting what the Bills need, and will do in free agency, and especially the draft. You people know who you are; please accept my thanks. I will refrain from naming names.

Thanks to the mods, and of course SDS for giving us this forum. I for one deeply appreciate it, and feel privileged to post here. And I'm even more privileged to have met so many nice people in person at RWS. I hope to make it again this season, but we shall see.

This, imo, is a different team this year, or so I hope. The following are scattered, but well considered opinions on what we need, and will perhaps see this season:

1) Don't worry about McGee. Worry about Brooks and Rogers. I would settle for either of them to step up and be a good corner. Simon is an expert on secondary play. I watch blockers, so take this with a grain of salt, but my money is on Rogers. Again, I know little wrt the secondary. Maybe he won't even make the final cuts. But from where I sit, this kid is going to be good.

2) Think of Fitz as a modern day Flutie. It's hard to do because they look so different. Seriously. But players like him will win AND lose you games. He isn't as bad as his detractors say. He just isn't. And, I don't see anyone saying that he is great. But, imo he can win us some games. Or so I hope.

3) The DL might be top 5. Dareus was great as a rookie. If he stays healthy and on course, they will seriously destroy people.

4) I did manage to see a little bit of Glenn. I don't know.....but if he IS a player, their running game will be off the charts.

5) Spiller? He has a ton to prove. He needs to attack holes and hold onto passes. And he needs to do this NOW. Seriously, how much more room does he deserve?

6) This franchise needs to make the playoffs. We fans are as deserving as one could ever imagine. We have stayed with this team through thick and thin. Now is the time. Hate me for it, but I would settle for a wildcard at this point. Happily.

7) The LB crew is not looking good. My hopes for Sheppard are not high. This can be a problem.

8) Please. let's re-sign Levitre. He can flat out block!

9) God bless you all, and GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

I'm a big fan of your threads and enjoy most of your posts. I value your opinion. I agree with many of your thoughts in this thread, but one stood out. Your opening paragraph. I love TSW during the offseason. It gives me my Bills "fix" so to speak and everyone's effort and passion is appreciated. During the season, the threads are posts are littered with drunk emo BS (my posts included) that tends to frustrate me more than enlighten me. I'll do my best to chill with the fitz bashing during the in game thread. Let's hope there will be no reason to fitz bash,

Thank you mods, for making this site such a enjoyable place to visit.

PS. Where are the guidelines for "warnings"? I have a few of them (my apologies to any I have offended) and didn't even realize they existed until the new format was released. How many warnings until someone is suspended/banned?

If we have to depend on Rogers we are in big trouble. Wow, he was horrible tonight. Made a good recovery in breaking up a TD pass, but that was all I saw from him. Other than that, he was abused all night. Maybe it was just a bad night, but he looked like he had no clue. Looking forward to you weekly posts this season Bill.

Love your posts Bill. Lot's that I agree with there... My other thoughts:

- Brooks is already better than Rogers and has way more upside.

- Spiller looked off a bit this pre-season until tonight. Some really good work out there. And he earned a lot in the last quarter of last season.

If we have to depend on Rogers we are in big trouble. Wow, he was horrible tonight. Made a good recovery in breaking up a TD pass, but that was all I saw from him. Other than that, he was abused all night. Maybe it was just a bad night, but he looked like he had no clue. Looking forward to you weekly posts this season Bill.

Wasn't this his first week back? I thought he missed all of TC and all but tonight of preseason. Give the kid a chance, he will do better.

What? No Dead reference?

I for one prefer TSW in the offseason. To me, this is where we out class other boards. There are people here who truly put time and effort into predicting what the Bills need, and will do in free agency, and especially the draft. You people know who you are; please accept my thanks. I will refrain from naming names.

Thanks to the mods, and of course SDS for giving us this forum. I for one deeply appreciate it, and feel privileged to post here. And I'm even more privileged to have met so many nice people in person at RWS. I hope to make it again this season, but we shall see.

This, imo, is a different team this year, or so I hope. The following are scattered, but well considered opinions on what we need, and will perhaps see this season:

1) Don't worry about McGee. Worry about Brooks and Rogers. I would settle for either of them to step up and be a good corner. Simon is an expert on secondary play. I watch blockers, so take this with a grain of salt, but my money is on Rogers. Again, I know little wrt the secondary. Maybe he won't even make the final cuts. But from where I sit, this kid is going to be good.

2) Think of Fitz as a modern day Flutie. It's hard to do because they look so different. Seriously. But players like him will win AND lose you games. He isn't as bad as his detractors say. He just isn't. And, I don't see anyone saying that he is great. But, imo he can win us some games. Or so I hope.

3) The DL might be top 5. Dareus was great as a rookie. If he stays healthy and on course, they will seriously destroy people.

4) I did manage to see a little bit of Glenn. I don't know.....but if he IS a player, their running game will be off the charts.

5) Spiller? He has a ton to prove. He needs to attack holes and hold onto passes. And he needs to do this NOW. Seriously, how much more room does he deserve?

6) This franchise needs to make the playoffs. We fans are as deserving as one could ever imagine. We have stayed with this team through thick and thin. Now is the time. Hate me for it, but I would settle for a wildcard at this point. Happily.

7) The LB crew is not looking good. My hopes for Sheppard are not high. This can be a problem.

9) God bless you all, and GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good post brother brother Bill. I don't know why but I have a feeling the lb corp is going to come around and at least be decent. Agree about Fitz. I thought Spiller was coming around last season and hope he can keep building on it.

Oh and count me among those who think it's time to cut Brad Smith.

Love it! I agree on all points!

Bill, I always enjoy your responses and consider your positions. That is not to say that I agree with all your positons, but for the most part we are in accord. The one area where I strenuously disagree with you is your unshakeable position on Spiller. You constantly bring up that he needs to show you that he is a capable player. Last year, when he had the opportunity to consistently play in the second half of the season he averaged 5 yds per carry. He also had a number of big plays for a team that lacked big plays. I'm confident that Spiller is going to have a very impactful year.

I agree with you that our LBing corps is mediocre. Moats is the major weak spot and Shepperd is still young and behind the curve.

With respect to Fitz I have a lesser view on him than you do. I consider him average at best. He is simply too erratic, His accuracy is too inconsistent to elevate this offense. When teams took away his short passing game last year he was exposed. He has stellar intangible qualities but his passing abilities are average. The Bills can be a marginal wildcat playoff contender with Fitz but they will never be a serious team with serious playoff aspirations with him. Considering our dismal history I'll be more than happy if we make the playoffs in any capacity.

While you discussed the cb position with respect to Rogers/Brooks the real storyline at the defensive backfield position is going to be McKelvin. It seems that the nickle position is where he is going to shine.