My Annual Thank You Post....(And a Few Thoughts)

Think you're right on point Bill. For me something about this season feels right though, so I'm way more optimistic than I have been in a long time.

Its tough being a BIlls fan down here by NYC, with all of the trash talking and 24/7 Jets hype. Can't wait to punish them week 1 and shut 'em all up!

Go BIlls!!!

What? No Dead reference?

LOL Pooj! It's tougher than it would appear. Believe it or not I try to be prepared for a win or a loss, but I'm easily thrown off. Hunter's lyrics are opaque and I actually put effort into picking the right ones. And yes, this is strange. :rolleyes:

Bill, I always enjoy your responses and consider your positions. That is not to say that I agree with all your positons, but for the most part we are in accord. The one area where I strenuously disagree with you is your unshakeable position on Spiller. You constantly bring up that he needs to show you that he is a capable player. Last year, when he had the opportunity to consistently play in the second half of the season he averaged 5 yds per carry. He also had a number of big plays for a team that lacked big plays. I'm confident that Spiller is going to have a very impactful year.

I agree with you that our LBing corps is mediocre. Moats is the major weak spot and Shepperd is still young and behind the curve.

With respect to Fitz I have a lesser view on him than you do. I consider him average at best. He is simply too erratic, His accuracy is too inconsistent to elevate this offense. When teams took away his short passing game last year he was exposed. He has stellar intangible qualities but his passing abilities are average. The Bills can be a marginal wildcat playoff contender with Fitz but they will never be a serious team with serious playoff aspirations with him. Considering our dismal history I'll be more than happy if we make the playoffs in any capacity.

While you discussed the cb position with respect to Rogers/Brooks the real storyline at the defensive backfield position is going to be McKelvin. It seems that the nickle position is where he is going to shine.

John, here ya go.....

You are a wonderful poster. I truly believe that you know what you are looking at when you watch football. And no, we don't always agree, but this is what is GOOD about this board, not bad.

Wrt Spiller, he is lightning fast. We all know this. He can get open on passing downs. We know this too. And one more thing that we know is that he had decent to good stats late in 2011. These are givens. BUT, he needs to improve. He must block when called upon, He need to get through holes quicker, and passes CANNOT fly off his hands for interceptions if we are to win enough football games in order to make the playoffs. I am seriously rooting for him. Because, we need improvement from him in order to win enough games to reach the playoffs. Do you disagree?

Fitz? Again, I liken him to Flutie, big time. Flutie had a very good defense when he was with us. But players who are limited as such do need a head start. He can't throw as well as other gifted quarterbacks. But just as you said, Fitz really does have some intangible qualities. I love it when he takes off and runs. I'm not going to look at his stats, but he is far more athletic than he looks. And he is VERY smart. Again, he will win and lose us games, but with help from the defense, he is capable of a lot imo.

Wrt corners, again, ask Simon, not me. But there were things I saw in Rogers that make me glad that he is on this football team. And if he can play, this would be a HUGE score. Look at where he was drafted! McKelvin was a mid round first John. A total waste of prime resoueces.

What we as fans, and especially the Bills organization need to look at imo is which players can win us football games. Freaking John Holocek actually won us a couple of games. This season, at least 3 players on the DL can, and perhaps even Anderson. Can he get to the qb just a step before Kelsay? Players to whom SO much was devoted such as Gilmore, A. Williams, and Byrd should have every opportunitiy to make game winning plays. And as I said, if Glenn can produce, we will be able to run the football big time.

Let's get this party started!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!