Chick-fil-a update

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ExiledInIllinois:

This shouldn't be too hard a task, even for a devout fool like yourself. It's not like I'm asking you to count to a number larger than your amount of corosponding digits. Simply identify the group of words I've posted that I have craftily placed a "?" after.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Perhaps the words "agreeing in principle" were not the best words for me to use. I am opposed to Chic-Fil-A, and I would choose not to give them a penny. And, I have given them a couple bucks over the years. So, I am with him in finding Chic-Fil-A, kind of reprehensible. The girl he is chewing out has nothing to with anything, really, so, he looks like an ass.

You shouldn't stop giving money because Chic-Fil-A donates to a cause you don't like but because it will make you a fat !@#$.

Who said that? It isn't like Ann Romney where she needs Mitt to take her to heaven. She'll get there on her own merit.

Shouldn't you be over at a Philadelphia Eagles website now letting Andy Reid's players know that he thinks his black players are the devil?

That's right, he's a Mormon too and converted to that faith in his adult life - just like Harry Reid did.

Shouldn't you be over at a Philadelphia Eagles website now letting Andy Reid's players know that he thinks his black players are the devil?

That's right, he's a Mormon too and converted to that faith in his adult life - just like Harry Reid did.

Why?

Was Reid a Mormon in the 1970's when the LDS officially acknowledged that blacks weren't cursed anymore?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Come on, he bought into the whole history. Don't deny it. He wears magic underwear. His wife can't "get to heaven without him" (a particularly bastardization of their beliefs in my view - but one that you espouse and pontificate on a regular basis), he thinks blacks are inferior. Hell, his wife may even have a horse. His son was snorting it from all accounts. How much money does he make? He's a MORMON!!! Run him out of town.

Why?

Was Reid a Mormon in the 1970's when the LDS officially acknowledged that blacks weren't cursed anymore?

The Catholic Church didn't admit the earth revolved around the sun until the 70s. JFK was President in the 60s. That means we had a President who thought the earth was the center of the Universe.

The Catholic Church didn't admit the earth revolved around the sun until the 70s. JFK was President in the 60s. That means we had a President who thought the earth was the center of the Universe.

! But save everybody else.

"We choose to fake going to the Moon in this decade and fake the other things, not because they are easy, but because they aren't even possible."

Lee Harvey, is that you? Aren't the Kennedy's the center of the universe anyway? Kinda fitting.

Anyway, didn't Church admit it in the 1750's when what Newton had to say? I think it was not until the 1990's that the Church fromally apolgized to Galileo.

Stuff like that is why I am extra courteous, when taking care of stuff at the airport during weather delays. I have seen horror stories as to how those people have been treated, despite the fact that they didn't cause a storm, nor did they build a plane that couldn't fly through it.

The Chick-Fil-A issue is very troubling, but the people that work there did not cause it. I for one, haven't changed my habits as far as that place goes- I don't eat their processed chicken product. I prefer real chicken over charcoal.

Stuff like that is why I am extra courteous, when taking care of stuff at the airport during weather delays. I have seen horror stories as to how those people have been treated, despite the fact that they didn't cause a storm, nor did they build a plane that couldn't fly through it.

The Chick-Fil-A issue is very troubling, but the people that work there did not cause it. I for one, haven't changed my habits as far as that place goes- I don't eat their processed chicken product. I prefer real chicken over charcoal.

What part of the issue is very troubling?

What freedom is the owner trying to restrict and how is it trying to restrict it?

The fact that people are trying to get laws passed to ban certain types of marriage between live human beings is discriminatory, and in effect, limiting freedom. Now, if a church doesn't want to perform the ceremony, that is 100% perfectly fine. I don't think it's right, and I have just as much right to that opinion and that specific church has to theirs.

It doers NOT, however, justify the mistreatment of employees- many of whom disagree with the owner's stance. I don't eat there anymore, because it is very unhealthy, but customer service wasn't the problem- the sense of "I can treat people however I want" that pervades the younger generation of this country is the problem!

The fact that people are trying to get laws passed to ban certain types of marriage between live human beings is discriminatory, and in effect, limiting freedom. Now, if a church doesn't want to perform the ceremony, that is 100% perfectly fine. I don't think it's right, and I have just as much right to that opinion and that specific church has to theirs.

It doers NOT, however, justify the mistreatment of employees- many of whom disagree with the owner's stance. I don't eat there anymore, because it is very unhealthy, but customer service wasn't the problem- the sense of "I can treat people however I want" that pervades the younger generation of this country is the problem!

WTF are you talking about, and where did you get this info? Did EiL invade your mind?