Chick-fil-a update

Thats sounds fair enough to me sir................... "Keep the Faith"

P.S.: Thanks for the message yesterday, its not me in Texas......I hope that the BBQ is good!

I do the best I can- and I figured it was an imposter!!! :lol:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telling someone to STFU and calling for the banning of their livelyhood are two different things wouldn't you agree. I don't hear a conservative mayor threatening Sean Penn that his movie better not show in any of the theaters in his city. Can you see how absurd that sounds? Well that's exactly what Ed Lee, the mayor of SF was calling for with Chick-fil-A

You're right. HUAC didn't endanger anyone's lively hood. And the Hannity's, Limbaughs and extremists on the right have never called for boycotts of the entertainment business's products because of actors or musicians speaking their minds. They've never overblown an entertainer's statements and made them into boogeymen to throw to their audiences like red meat. Go ask the Dixie Chicks how they feel about it.

Again, both sides are wrong when they resort to this. In the case of Chick Filet, the owner, whose statements are abhorrent to me personally, should not be denied the right to operate his business so long as it's in accordance to our laws (which it continues to do).

But let's not get all high and mighty and act like the left is the only side that does this. It's all a stupid game. Get us fighting with each other rather than actually move the conversation forward. It's a basic tactic (divide and conquer) that happens to work.

Edited by tgreg99

You're right. HUAC didn't endanger anyone's lively hood. And the Hannity's, Limbaughs and extremists on the right have never called for boycotts of the entertainment business's products because of actors or musicians speaking their minds. They've never overblown an entertainer's statements and made them into boogeymen to throw to their audiences like red meat. Go ask the Dixie Chicks how they feel about it.

Again, both sides are wrong when they resort to this. In the case of Chick Filet, the owner, whose statements are abhorrent to me personally, should not be denied the right to operate his business so long as it's in accordance to our laws (which it continues to do).

But let's not get all high and mighty and act like the left is the only side that does this. It's all a stupid game. Get us fighting with each other rather than actually move the conversation forward. It's a basic tactic (divide and conquer) that happens to work.

You honestly don't see the difference between individual citizens voting with their dollars and choosing not to give business to an establishment whose practices they disagree with, and the mayor of a city denying a business licence to a businessman solely because of his religious beliefs?

You honestly don't see the difference between individual citizens voting with their dollars and choosing not to give business to an establishment whose practices they disagree with, and the mayor of a city denying a business licence to a businessman solely because of his religious beliefs?

You clearly are not reading my posts... I said, in each post, that I do see the difference and feel it is wrong.

You clearly are not reading my posts... I said, in each post, that I DO SEE THE DIFFERENCE and feel it is wrong.

". I'll be the dick to say it:

HOW IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT from the wrath that the right levels at the likes of Clooney, Penn, Robins or any of the other Hollywood liberals that dare speak out about their beliefs in interviews? How many times have I heard from conservatives something along the lines of: "Just shut up and make movies"? "

ummm, dude, you are contradicting yourself. Just sayin'

Edited by WorldTraveller

HOW IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT from the wrath that the right levels at the likes of Clooney, Penn, Robins or any of the other Hollywood liberals that dare speak out about their beliefs in interviews? How many times have I heard from conservatives something along the lines of: "Just shut up and make movies"? "

That's exactly my point.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

This is why the internet sucks sometimes...

In relation to the OP, I'm absolutely contradicting myself. But what I'm actually talking about isn't the OP but two specific quotes from Chef:

"He went out of his way to share is views? Really?? He mentioned it during an interview with The Baptist Press. He wanted consumers to know his position? Really, where did you come up with that? It sounds like he wanted listener of a Christian podcast to know his views.

I only argue with everything I disagree with....you know.....acting out of principle.

So by voicing his opinion he's trying to get laws passed to ban certain types of marriages? It's amazing the information people have on people they've never met."

My comments were made within the context of that discussion...

In relation to the OP, I'm absolutely contradicting myself. But what I'm actually talking about isn't the OP but two specific quotes from Chef:

"He went out of his way to share is views? Really?? He mentioned it during an interview with The Baptist Press. He wanted consumers to know his position? Really, where did you come up with that? It sounds like he wanted listener of a Christian podcast to know his views.

I only argue with everything I disagree with....you know.....acting out of principle.

So by voicing his opinion he's trying to get laws passed to ban certain types of marriages? It's amazing the information people have on people they've never met."

okey dokey

Fair.

http://misfitpolitics.co/2012/08/chick-fil-a-tastes-way-better-than-your-stupid-boycott/

If you’re so ridiculously offended by how a private corporation decides to spend their profits to the point of boycotting, then you should apply the same mentality to everything. In addition to how they spend their profits, you also have to research how they manufacture everything they sell, and how they treat all of their employees. Cause let’s face it, if you don’t, you’re probably directly supporting genocide, pedophiles, child labor in sweatshops, and puppy murderers. You’re not really supporting it, but that’s what you believe so I’ll go with it. I’m being tolerant.

So enjoy your smug feeling of self-righteousness.

[/thread]

http://misfitpolitic...stupid-boycott/

If you’re so ridiculously offended by how a private corporation decides to spend their profits to the point of boycotting, then you should apply the same mentality to everything. In addition to how they spend their profits, you also have to research how they manufacture everything they sell, and how they treat all of their employees. Cause let’s face it, if you don’t, you’re probably directly supporting genocide, pedophiles, child labor in sweatshops, and puppy murderers. You’re not really supporting it, but that’s what you believe so I’ll go with it. I’m being tolerant.

So enjoy your smug feeling of self-righteousness.

[/thread]

LKJ#@%)*&^@! ^)*@!# glK@%