Chick-fil-a update

Conservatives, rhetorically speaking, attack with bluntness. They seem to hammer you over the head over and over and over into submission. Liberals attack with sleaze, they hit you on an emotional level, they often charge conservatives as racists and bigots. But that's the breadbasket old-skool liberal way of doing things, this Obama attack machine has taken it to a whole new level, they've suggested that Romney is a felon, that he has in a heartless manner killed a lady, hid money overseas as if he was a mafia member. They've suggested that Conservatives want people to breathe dirty air, throw granny off the cliff etc etc.

Just look, you've got dipshits like Dr. Dareus who believe this crap, he spouted a few of these DNC talking points. I mean who could forget his "Conservatives don't care about people who make under $500K"

These tactics work with some of those left-leaning folks with the IQ of a turnip.

This is what they're up against.

Hope and Change :lol:

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look, you've got dipshits like Dr. Dareus who believe this crap, he spouted a few of these DNC talking points. I mean who could forget his "Conservatives don't care about people who make under $500K"

So what about someone who's worth 50M but doesn't make more than 250K a year? Are they thrown under the bus by the evil Republicans :lol:

And then they whine about how this forum is a right wing circle jerk :lol:

Perhaps the words "agreeing in principle" were not the best words for me to use. I am opposed to Chic-Fil-A, and I would choose not to give them a penny. And, I have given them a couple bucks over the years. So, I am with him in finding Chic-Fil-A, kind of reprehensible. The girl he is chewing out has nothing to with anything, really, so, he looks like an ass.

As for the death of the Chic-Fil-A exec, I thought the retort to the "karma is a B word", with that story (as stated by somebody here, in reference to drive-thru douche losing his job) was just kind of amusing in a "bigger picture" sort of way. But, I forget sometimes...at PPP, everyone is a sanctimonious, pollyanna when they are in a political debate. My bad! :rolleyes:

Perhaps the words "bigger picture" are also questionable?

Or downright idiotic? To which bigger picture do you refer? Do we actually live in a world where doing a stressful job, and not exercising...has no bearing compared to the karmactic destructive forces wrought due to working for a guy who doesn't like gay marriage? :blink:

What exactly is the message here? I don't get how an idiot's corrolary ends up being amusing...unless we are simply laughing at the idiot who made it.

The contrapositive: If we see the CEO runing around with a black armband, with the words "fags killed my PR guy" on it.....then we will have a matching pair of idiot corroallies....won't we?

Conservatives, rhetorically speaking, attack with bluntness. They seem to hammer you over the head over and over and over into submission. Liberals attack with sleaze, they hit you on an emotional level, they often charge conservatives as racists and bigots. But that's the breadbasket old-skool liberal way of doing things, this Obama attack machine has taken it to a whole new level, they've suggested that Romney is a felon, that he has in a heartless manner killed a lady, hid money overseas as if he was a mafia member. They've suggested that Conservatives want people to breathe dirty air, throw granny off the cliff etc etc.

These tactics work with some of those left-leaning folks with the IQ of a turnip.

Dr Dareus didn't say conservatives don't care about anyone making under $500k I believe he used the word hate. :lol:

Suddenly It’s Offensive to Be Offended

August 7, 2012 - 6:55 pm - by Andrew Klavan

All through the 1980s, feminists called men pigs, leftists called conservatives racists, and columnists openly compared right-wing politicians to Hitler. Then Rush Limbaugh came along and started fighting back, and all of a sudden we started to hear about the lack of civility in public discourse! Civility only became an issue when the left started taking it on the chin.

Likewise, getting offended and demanding apologies has for a long time been the default mode of the left. If you said “Obama’s policies hang over America like a black cloud,” there was a collective gasp. You used the word black and Obama in the same sentence! You must be racist. Talking while conservative was like being locked in a room with one of those Woody Allen characters who hear the word “Jew!” embedded in the most innocent remarks. The idea was to silence and hobble right wingers by making them worry about everything they said.

Well, sorry, now we have the internet where we conservatives can point out that the hatefulness and violent anger spewed by the left against anyone who disagrees with them, especially women and blacks, are megatons worse than anything coming from the right. And what do you know? Suddenly, being offended is out of style!

Here’s Bill Maher, writing not long ago in the New York Times: “Let’s have an amnesty — from the left and the right — on every made-up, fake, totally insincere, playacted hurt, insult, slight and affront.

{snip}

And here’s Chris Rock, complaining that criticism could have a chilling effect on comedy after he took some Twitter heat for a joke about July 4th:

{snip}

But if you dish it out, guys, you better be ready to take it — and the left has dished this I-am-offended garbage out for years. And is still dishing it out! Observe the reaction to comedian Jon Lovitz going off on Obama recently: accusations of racism and even a death threat! Well, sure. An American comedian making jokes about the President? Whoever heard of such a thing?

So okay, lefties, let’s all stop being offended. . . . . . . . . You first.

http://pjmedia.com/a...to-be-offended/