Chick-fil-a update

The fact that people are trying to get laws passed to ban certain types of marriage between live human beings is discriminatory, and in effect, limiting freedom. Now, if a church doesn't want to perform the ceremony, that is 100% perfectly fine. I don't think it's right, and I have just as much right to that opinion and that specific church has to theirs.

It doers NOT, however, justify the mistreatment of employees- many of whom disagree with the owner's stance. I don't eat there anymore, because it is very unhealthy, but customer service wasn't the problem- the sense of "I can treat people however I want" that pervades the younger generation of this country is the problem!

So by voicing his opinion he's trying to get laws passed to ban certain types of marriages? It's amazing the information people have on people they've never met.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So by voicing his opinion he's trying to get laws passed to ban certain types of marriages? It's amazing the information people have on people they've never met.

Its amazing that after months of endless debate and outrage, most people still have no idea what the argument on gay marriage is even about.

The fact that people are trying to get laws passed to ban certain types of marriage between live human beings is discriminatory, and in effect, limiting freedom. Now, if a church doesn't want to perform the ceremony, that is 100% perfectly fine. I don't think it's right, and I have just as much right to that opinion and that specific church has to theirs.

It doers NOT, however, justify the mistreatment of employees- many of whom disagree with the owner's stance. I don't eat there anymore, because it is very unhealthy, but customer service wasn't the problem- the sense of "I can treat people however I want" that pervades the younger generation of this country is the problem!

Can you please let me know the specifics as it relates to the owner of Chic-Fil-A mistreating employees because they disagree with his stand on traditional marriage? I have no idea where you are getting this from and would truly like to see links to references.

Its amazing that after months of endless debate and outrage, most people still have no idea what the argument on gay marriage is even about.

Being stubborn and refusing to acknowledge that the other side might have any legitimate points?

Not him specifically, but there are a lot of people who want the government to interfere in who can and can't get married.

I'm eating at Chick-fil-a right now. There's just something about the way the chicken & bacon intermingle with the tangy hate sauce. Mmm, so good.

Hope you don't eat there every day. Processed chicken product is just as bad for you as processed beef product.

Edited by Adam

So what exactly did you mean when you said the owner wanted to restrict people's freedoms?

I probably mean that I should be careful posting, when I am working on something else :oops: Not the first time that has happened, probably not the last.

There are a lot of people who wrongly want laws passed about this, it should not become a legal issue.

I probably mean that I should be careful posting, when I am working on something else :oops: Not the first time that has happened, probably not the last.

There are a lot of people who wrongly want laws passed about this, it should not become a legal issue.

Defining who can get married and how has always been a legal issue.

Defining who can get married and how has always been a legal issue.

The only people who seems to want to ban same-sex marriages seem to be quoting the mythical bible, so I would call it a religous issue, more than legal

The only people who seems to want to ban same-sex marriages seem to be quoting the mythical bible, so I would call it a religous issue, more than legal

Squishy nonsense Mr. A.

The proponents want to change the established law.................it is a legal issue.

Edited by B-Man

Squishy nonsense Mr. A.

The proponents want to change the established law.................it is a legal issue.

What is the reasoning behind wanting to change it?

And the people who believe that fairy tale are....?

They are fine, as long as they don't inflict those fairy tales on others.

Edited by Adam

Tea Baggers? :unsure:

I didn't EVER say that. I'd say it is pretty atypical of you to put words in my mouth.

People who believe them are neither good, nor bad. That is defined more by how others interpret their actions. And for the record, I have pretty much defended the tea party.

I didn't EVER say that. I'd say it is pretty atypical of you to put words in my mouth.

People who believe them are neither good, nor bad. That is defined more by how others interpret their actions. And for the record, I have pretty much defended the tea party.

Take 'er easy, bub. That's not directed at you; just making fun of Tea bag haters.