Chick-fil-a update

So because of this we should do away with the ability of all spouses to continue to defer their spouse's qualified plans? God you're such a !@#$ing hypocrite.

You're forgetting...the Obama government will take care of your wife, cradle-to-grave, so she doesn't need an inheritance.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I've heard this many times when planning or clients. Here's why you need life insurance. If you die while you're working and your wife loses your income how will she survive. "Oh she's a big girl, she's be fine." Really?!?!?

2 things:

1. I think he's just !@#$ing with you

2. We need that money. That's our money, Chef. Me and my partners' money. - Obama

Oh I've heard this many times when planning or clients. Here's why you need life insurance. If you die while you're working and your wife loses your income how will she survive. "Oh she's a big girl, she's be fine." Really?!?!?

I got life insurance... Tons of it. We live WELL below our means, have a ton in reserve... Some of it we can access, some later. Our house is almost paid for, got under another 10 years... And we are still in our early 40's... We can easily live right now on one income: What is my death gonna do? Except make people very sad. She is actually the main bread winner the last few years.

One of us could probably retire right now. That being said, I croak... She can live better if she wants.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

That's just about the time my firm fires the client. "If you won't do the things you're paying me to tell you to do, then perhaps you should stop paying me and I should stop wasting my time."

Oh once we hear that we never hire them in the first place.

I got life insurance... Tons of it. We live WELL below our means, have a ton in reserve... Some of we can access, some later. Our house is almost paid for, gott under another 10 years... And we are still in our early 40's... We can easily live right now on one income: What is my death gonna do? Except make people said. She is actually the main bread winner the last few years.

One of us could probably retire right now. That being said, I croak... She can live better if she wants.

I'm afraid I'm going to need you to do the patriotic thing and hand over those reserves. We need it to invest in campaigns, er um, energy research, yeah, that's it, energy research.

2 things:

1. I think he's just !@#$ing with you

2. We need that money. That's our money, Chef. Me and my partners' money. - Obama

I am not !@#$ing with him... I am telling him the truth. He sells this sh*t... I am not disputing he sees many couples in a mess, living well above their means.

Now, how about you telling the truth Mystery Man... A little bit about you so we can get a personal perspective of your posting style.

I'm afraid I'm going to need you to do the patriotic thing and hand over those reserves. We need it to invest in campaigns, er um, energy research, yeah, that's it, energy research.

:-) :-)

Hey, we are born naked and die naked.

You're forgetting...the Obama government will take care of your wife, cradle-to-grave, so she doesn't need an inheritance.

I've never seen such blatant disregard for a couples family arrangements as I have with EII in this thread. In many households, like mine, one spouse sacrifices some or all of their individual earning power for the greater good of the family unit, such that they can raise the children and manage the household. In these arrangements it is generally understood that the earnings of the working spouse are shared. Why should this change just because the working spouse dies?

I've never seen such blatant disregard for a couples family arrangements as I have with EII in this thread. In many households, like mine, one spouse sacrifices some or all of their individual earning power for the greater good of the family unit, such that they can raise the children and manage the household. In these arrangements it is generally understood that the earnings of the working spouse are shared. Why should this change just because the working spouse dies?

Because EII's not talking about real people, he's talking about the rich. I'm sure, if pressed, he'll admit that what you say is fine for the middle class, but anyone making over $200k/year (or pick a number) is different.

Who said that? It isn't like Ann Romney where she needs Mitt to take her to heaven. She'll get there on her own merit.

What, we've gone from talking about replacing the income of a deceased spouse, to divine salvation?

What the hell is wrong with you?

Really? You judging me on what I am telling and giving you and YOU are being vague about your personal stories?

We both sacrifice our earning power for the greater good of the family unit.

Really? You judging me on what I am telling and giving you and YOU are being vague about your personal stories?

We both sacrifice our earning power for the greater good of the family unit.

Are you participating in a different conversation than me? I mean, I'm sure what you wrote here is a coherent response to something but certainly not to anything I've written in this thread. Would you like to try again?

Are you participating in a different conversation than me? I mean, I'm sure what you wrote here is a coherent response to something but certainly not to anything I've written in this thread. Would you like to try again?

No need to, you understand.

TYTT (??) ... I see you are getting the hang of this internet posting thing. ;-) You play dumb very well.

Let the board get to know you a bit better... Or do we know you? Put down the internet muscles and let's get to know you. You don't have to spill everything like your SS number... :-P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois:

Let's try this again, shall we?

ExiledInIllinois:

Let's try this again, shall we?

Let's try this again:

What part of both my wife and I make those sacrifices don't you understand? I make the sacrifice at times and then she does at times. Our family unit is not static in this regard... And we are doing quite well, thank you, so much more that we don't have to worry about the morbid possibilities. We have escaped your dilemma. I do admit, we are lucky and blessed.

I really am trying to see your argument.

Let's try this again:

What part of both my wife and I make those sacrifices don't you understand? I make the sacrifice at times and then she does at times. Our family unit is not static in this regard... And we are doing quite well, thank you, so much more that we don't have to worry about the morbid possibilities. We have escaped your dilemma. I do admit, we are lucky and blessed.

I really am trying to see your argument.

What the !@#$ are you talking about? Have I crossed over into some parallel reality in which your response makes any sort of sense at all in relation to the !@#$ing question I asked?

What the !@#$ are you talking about? Have I crossed over into some parallel reality in which your response makes any sort of sense at all in relation to the !@#$ing question I asked?

I really don't what the !@#$ you are talking about either... But I am trying!

Of course things change when a working spouse dies... But for us, we are both financially protected. I know for many, this just simply is not the case... Then fine, go talk to Chef Jim.

I really don't know what you are getting at? You look like a petulant fool.