Chick-fil-a update

This guy is the ultimate douche...and the fact that he is so proud of himself makes it all the more funny..."I am doing something good".

I agree with him, on principle, but his tactics are all wrong. The girls' patience, and his inability to rattle her make him look like a tool...

I am not sure he should be fired from his job for this (it is pretty tame), but guy is a grade A douche.

:lol:

What principle of his do you agree with and why is the death of a Chick-Fil-A executive funny?

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Park that isn't karma. Not sure why you posted that but there is no defending it.

Hard as it was for me to believe, I found a handful of my liberal friends taking to Facebook to explain that the reason the PR director died was because by expressing his opinion, Cathy forced stress on his PR man, leading to his heart attack. The idea -- the one Park is trying to advance -- is that this is what happens when you disagree with a liberal. You cause people to die. You see, in the mind of idiots like Park, the PR man was perfectly healthy up to very minute the Chic-Fil-A story broke. So had Cathy said nothing that disagrees with a liberal view, his PR director would be alive today.

Here is what one of them wrote, linking to the story:

I wonder if the elite type of management whose decisions mean a lot more than just the profit margins even get it. Of course a company needs to be profitable but some actions directly effect people, families and more. You can't tell me this weeks a-hole decision to feel the world needs to know how he feels about gay marriage. Guess whose had to deal with this PR barrage??? Not that a-hole, but this poor bastard. Actions have consequences but some so called business "leaders" don't get it.

Oddly, many liberals are happy this guy is dead so they can act like they're sad so they can make a point few people get. It's unfortunate, but there you have it.

What principle of his do you agree with and why is the death of a Chick-Fil-A executive funny?

Perhaps the words "agreeing in principle" were not the best words for me to use. I am opposed to Chic-Fil-A, and I would choose not to give them a penny. And, I have given them a couple bucks over the years. So, I am with him in finding Chic-Fil-A, kind of reprehensible. The girl he is chewing out has nothing to with anything, really, so, he looks like an ass.

As for the death of the Chic-Fil-A exec, I thought the retort to the "karma is a B word", with that story (as stated by somebody here, in reference to drive-thru douche losing his job) was just kind of amusing in a "bigger picture" sort of way. But, I forget sometimes...at PPP, everyone is a sanctimonious, pollyanna when they are in a political debate. My bad! :rolleyes:

As for the death of the Chic-Fil-A exec, I thought the retort to the "karma is a B word", with that story (as stated by somebody here, in reference to drive-thru douche losing his job) was just kind of amusing in a "bigger picture" sort of way. But, I forget sometimes...at PPP, everyone is a sanctimonious, pollyanna when they are in a political debate. My bad! :rolleyes:

I realized what they meant about karma and the bigger picture. Basically, your actions control karma. If you hurt someone, you will get hurt back. Is this not what happened? Of all people, the PR guy gets struck down. Did the PR guy represent Chick-fil-A's "hurtful voice?"

But, what Chick-fil-A did... Was it hurtful? Obviously both sides have different takes on this and it gets sticky with all the religion.

On that note, now if God controls karma (Christian):

According to God's word (some Christians), homosexuality is an abomination. Why would God (Christian) strike down the exec? He should have let him win the lottery, not give him a heart attack. It can't be karma... Doesn't God (Christian) control karma?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I realized what they meant about karma and the bigger picture. Basically, your actions control karma. If you hurt someone, you will get hurt back. Is this not what happened? Of all people, the PR guy gets struck down. Did the PR guy represent Chick-fil-A's "hurtful voice?"

But, what Chick-fil-A did... Was it hurtful? Obviously both sides have different takes on this and it gets sticky with all the religion.

On that note, now if God controls karma (Christian):

According to God's word (some Christians), homosexuality is an abomination. Why would God (Christian) strike down the exec? He should have let him win the lottery, not give him a heart attack. It can't be karma... Doesn't God (Christian) control karma?

Is this a bot, possibly a random word generator?

I doubt it. "I think, therefore I am," certainly doesn't apply to you.

You are ducking the questions as usual, I see. You have nothing else but foolish attacks. Figures.

If you want to be taken seriously, answer the questions.

Who are? Are you a previous poster now posting under a new name?

Where are you from... What do you do?

It is pretty funny how you question who I am then duck and weave about your identity. Quite a joke you have become by not answering any questions.

And yes, it is important. For now you are not a real person... Just a fraud. An alias hiding behind a keyboard. A tough guy with "internet muscles" and false knowledge. Now, who's the bot?

You should have stayed lurking for all the years you were supposedly here. You add nothing of real value . At least all the other posters are semi-forthcoming with who they are? It is called being part of a community. The way you hide is troll like.

Apparently at some of the franchises, protesters were offered free food and drink...and some of them took it. It was nice to see the franchise owners offer it and the protesters take it. But what message are the protesters sending?

You are ducking the questions as usual, I see. You have nothing else but foolish attacks. Figures.

If you want to be taken seriously, answer the questions.

Who are? Are you a previous poster now posting under a new name?

Where are you from... What do you do?

It is pretty funny how you question who I am then duck and weave about your identity. Quite a joke you have become by not answering any questions.

And yes, it is important. For now you are not a real person... Just a fraud. An alias hiding behind a keyboard. A tough guy with "internet muscles" and false knowledge. Now, who's the bot?

You should have stayed lurking for all the years you were supposedly here. You add nothing of real value . At least all the other posters are semi-forthcoming with who they are? It is called being part of a community. The way you hide is troll like.

Thr toll collector "always rings twice".

Does the arbitrary nature of this whole fiasco strike anyone else as odd? This is the most absurd case of manufactured outrage since a golfer got caught getting some strange. Some guy who owns a fast-food chain opposes gay marriage and there's supposed to be a national outrage over this "hate"? Really? No, seriously, you're not joking?

Edited by Rob's House

From your article

Let’s also agree that this isn’t about curtailing anyone’s rights under First Amendment. The Constitution is a legal document. This is not a legal argument. No one is arguing that Chik-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy should be put in prison, or silenced, or censored by the government. This has nothing to do with government censorship or government abridgment of Freedom of Speech. So don’t worry: the ability of this millionaire to legally spend his millions as he sees fit is not in jeopardy. You need not defend it.

Actually, this is most certainly a First Amendment issue. When government entities, who are agents of the state, are denying businesses permits because of the owner's personal political views, there is most certainly a free speech issue at its most fundamental. I'm not sure by what stretch of the imagination anyone could see otherwise. This would be no different from the mayor of a major city denying permits to a middle eastern style restaurant because the mayor found muslim views offensive.

I get why he and his friends wouldn't do business with companies with interests contrary to his own, and I even understand trying to organize a boycott, but allowing the government to punish the "haters" shouldn't be taken to hastily. It's a sharp knife that cuts both ways. Maybe next time the mayor will be denying permits to businesses for supporting gay marriage.

Perhaps the words "agreeing in principle" were not the best words for me to use. I am opposed to Chic-Fil-A, and I would choose not to give them a penny. And, I have given them a couple bucks over the years. So, I am with him in finding Chic-Fil-A, kind of reprehensible. The girl he is chewing out has nothing to with anything, really, so, he looks like an ass.

Do you check the opinions of all CEOs before you "give them a penny" or just this one because it's the the cool thing to do?

Does the arbitrary nature of this whole fiasco strike anyone else as odd? This is the most absurd case of manufactured outrage since a golfer got caught getting some strange. Some guy who owns a fast-food chain opposes gay marriage and there's supposed to be a national outrage over this "hate"? Really? No, seriously, you're not joking?

Doesn't strike me as odd at all. Economy is in the sh#tter and Unemployment numbers not looking too good 3 months before Obama is up for re-election.

Let's talk about chicken sandwiches instead

Thr toll collector "always rings twice".

Devil devil... When you leave for work? ;-)

I agree Rob. It actually makes me want to go to the place and see what they are all about, try their food. For some (many) they can't stomach the idea of giving their money to a company like this. Those people really want others to feel the same way.

Me personally? I am not against the company's stance IFF they do not discriminate against its workers and cutomers who believe differnently. I also believe, that there is going to have to be a comprimise on this argument. I am not for gay marriage, but I can accept gay marriage if it is recognized by a religion. Gov't should get out of the marriage business totally.

Some both side can get what they want. Our country can't go on keeping one side down though... Redefining a the long standing tradition in the eyes of the state is no big deal... It is a religious institution first and foremost, that is not being touched.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I agree Rob. It actually makes me want to go to the place and see what they are all about, try their food. For some (many) they can't stomach the idea of giving their money to a company like this. Those people really want others to feel the same way.

Me personally? I am not against the company's stance IFF they do not discriminate against its workers and cutomers who believe differnently. I also believe, that there is going to have to be a comprimise on this argument. I am not for gay marriage, but I can accept gay marriage if it is recognized by a religion. Gov't should get out of the marriage business totally.

Some both side can get what they want. Our country can't go on keeping one side down though... Redefining a the long standing tradition in the eyes of the state is no big deal... It is a religious institution first and foremost, that is not being touched.

A company like what?

Huh, looks like we agree on something. Go figure.

Interesting tid-bit: Around the turn of the century I used to cut grass for a lady that owned a Chik-Fil-A franchise in NC. One thing we had in common was that we both wanted to !@#$ my gf.

A company like what?

I can't fault the individual for not wanting to support a business that contributes to causes they oppose. I cancelled my Geico coverage when they got on board with "Color of Change" (it's just really stupid for businesses to get in on boycotts), and I don't buy Sargento cheese either (mainly b/c of their political activism, but really, anyone who brags about being "persnickety" is an up-tight ass hole).

Huh, looks like we agree on something. Go figure.

Interesting tid-bit: Around the turn of the century I used to cut grass for a lady that owned a Chik-Fil-A franchise in NC. One thing we had in common was that we both wanted to !@#$ my gf.

I can't fault the individual for not wanting to support a business that contributes to causes they oppose. I cancelled my Geico coverage when they got on board with "Color of Change" (it's just really stupid for businesses to get in on boycotts), and I don't buy Sargento cheese either (mainly b/c of their political activism, but really, anyone who brags about being "persnickety" is an up-tight ass hole).

Because the CEO is against gay marriage doesn't make Chick-Fil-A "that kind of company."

Because the CEO is against gay marriage doesn't make Chick-Fil-A "that kind of company."

I agree. I think this whole thing is !@#$ing absurd. I'm just saying if I found out the owner of Burger King was funding moveon.org I'd probably eat more Big Macs. That's all.