Former WR Josh Reed Slams Buffalo

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Stadium is in Orchard Park and the players tend to live in isolated suburban areas.

It is likely that Josh Reed or many of the other players have never seen the City of Buffalo or spent time in the close nit community where most everyone is willing to spark up a conversation.

Its like UB kids that form an opinion of Buffalo based on spending most of their lives on North campus.

The Stadium should be in the City, UB should have expanded in the City. The decline of Buffalo can be traced directly back to those two decisions. Yes steel died too but Pittsburgh revitalized mainly because of HealthCare through Carnegie Melon and their city campus and their sports teams stadiums located in the City.

I see Sabres' players almost every time I go out in Buffalo. I saw Shane Conlon in 1991 at Jim Kelly's restaurant thats about it.

Most of the Bills' players do not actually experience the greatness of Buffalo.

Edited by Why So Serious?

what do other cities have that downtown Buffalo doesn't that these players are looking for? Flying monkey circus shows? Hover craft races? Three titted Hooter bars? It's such a load of BULL it's laughable.

Josh Reed is just Butt-hurt because he sucked Balls as an NFL player, got cut by the Bills, and became invisible, so now he is spewing his brainless rhetoric to try and stay relevant. Just another departed douche, and now that the Bills look to be a team on the rise, and he was one of the dead-wood cuts that have gotten us on the right track, he comes out with his whiny sissified comments and cheap-shots.

He's gone, and not good enough to even bother disliking. Next....

So the only team that would give him money is terrible! I guess he didn't put 2 and 2 together. The only team that will give you money was awful? NOT JUST COINCIDENCE, JOSH! I'm sorry that affected your ability to pick up chicks downtown

what do other cities have that downtown Buffalo doesn't that these players are looking for? Flying monkey circus shows? Hover craft races? Three titted Hooter bars? It's such a load of BULL it's laughable.

It's not bull or laughable.

The north and south are vastly different, as are big cities and small ones like Buffalo. Everything he said highlights the differences in culture. I don't agree with what he said about the fans, but everything else is accurate.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Could everyone just not get their panties in a wad for once? I love Buffalo too, but it's funny how this thread merely confirms what he said about the fans. He played on schidty teams with schidty coaches and he was far from the biggest problem. You can slam him for sucking if you want, but he never should have been drafted that high anyway.

Personally, I wouldn't live in Louisiana on a bet, but I have visited Baton Rouge and the food was fine and the people ARE friendly.

The problem with Buffalonians is they are so damn cynical and grumpy that you can't tell when they like you!

Edited by jester43

It's not bull or laughable.

The north and south are vastly different. Everything he said highlights the differences in culture. I don't agree with what he said about the fans, but everything else is accurate.

was it a smart thing to say? no. was 90% of it probably accurate? yes.

to acknowledge buffalo is a smaller city with some common ground to southern mid tier cities? totally fair. to look at the weather differences - of course thats a real thing. the food, very different.

the treatment he got from fans? probably far different than he got in baton rouge.

was it likely an accurate assessment of his time? sure.

was it a smart thing to say? obviously not.

will posters on this board get REAL bent out of shape over it - yup.

I missed something in my previous post. Let me add to his dislike of people in Buffalo. Josh, I hope you get hit by a truck with a Buffalo Bills plate in the front of it. I hope you blow away all your money and have to live in a swamp s&$t shack and eat good like the swamp people on TV and like in The Waterboy. Tue food here is absouletely better than just about anywhere I can think of. It's because of all the deep fried foods, breaded foods, salty foods. It's worse her than most other places (or better, depending on how you look at it). I read somewhere that the obeisity (however you spell it) is higher here than in many places. Fattening foods are good tasting, it's a fact. It's why people love them so much. So go eat your mud bugs or frog cakes, or catfish and suck on a big crap for dessert while your at it. I hope being irrelevant suits you more tuan Buffalo did, your gonna be there for a while.

I missed something in my previous post. Let me add to his dislike of people in Buffalo. Josh, I hope you get hit by a truck with a Buffalo Bills plate in the front of it. I hope you blow away all your money and have to live in a swamp s&$t shack and eat good like the swamp people on TV and like in The Waterboy. Tue food here is absouletely better than just about anywhere I can think of. It's because of all the deep fried foods, breaded foods, salty foods. It's worse her than most other places (or better, depending on how you look at it). I read somewhere that the obeisity (however you spell it) is higher here than in many places. Fattening foods are good tasting, it's a fact. It's why people love them so much. So go eat your mud bugs or frog cakes, or catfish and suck on a big crap for dessert while your at it. I hope being irrelevant suits you more tuan Buffalo did, your gonna be there for a while.

frankly, this is far more embarassing than anything he said.

Well that's like, his opinion, man.

I'll never forget all the drops that Reed had during his time here.

The most memorable being when he crouched down to catch a low ball, and he actually stuck his knee through his hands. The ball bounced off his knee and into the ground before he ever got a finger on it. Also, the pic that was printed in a program where the ball was in the air, about 3-4 feet away from him, and he had his hands up to catch it, but his eyes were closed in the pic. Yeesh...

Yeah but he was a great blocker lmao.

Not sure what areas you think are most obese etc. from the text above but Buffalo according to Healthy Kids Healthy Communities

Income below the federal poverty line: 23%

Statistics quickly illustrate this side of Buffalo’s story. It has the third highest poverty rate among major U.S. cities. Almost 60 percent of adults and children are obese or overweight, double the New York state average.

The only mention in LA was New Orleans ...

Given the famously caloric eating habits in New Orleans, the result is an almost 40 percent obesity rate among African-Americans.

I think obesity tends to follow poverty as "healthy" food costs more than McDonalds.

Additionally, with that kind of poverty level I think the fan support of the Bills is outstanding despite what Reed thinks.

Edited by CodeMonkey

frankly, this is far more embarassing than anything he said.

Agreed. I never really cared for him as a WR, and am disappointed with his statement, but let's not get carried away. Everyone has cities and places that they like or don't like for whatever reasons. For people that have spent time in other cities, or for these players that have never been to Buffalo before being drafted, it can be quite a shock to come to an "NFL Franchise City" and see such a rural town. To each his own. I just wish Reed wouldve followed the rule of "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all". He really had no reason to attack the city and the people. But oh well.

Edited by DrDareustein

Josh Reed is just Butt-hurt because he sucked Balls as an NFL player, got cut by the Bills, and became invisible, so now he is spewing his brainless rhetoric to try and stay relevant. Just another departed douche, and now that the Bills look to be a team on the rise, and he was one of the dead-wood cuts that have gotten us on the right track, he comes out with his whiny sissified comments and cheap-shots.

He's gone, and not good enough to even bother disliking. Next....

Definitely a dumb thing to say by Reed. Whoever said Buffalo is not for everyone is 100% spot on. I live in Charlotte NC now and have had a few buddies pass through Buffalo over the years all having pretty much the same reaction...."YEEESSHHHH, what the hell happened to this city?" One guy was there for an interview and crossed it off of the list as he was leaving the airport. SO, from an outsiders first impression, Buffalo is tough. Not very easy on the eyes, not much going on with a ton of strip plazas from the 70's, etc. Buffalo grows on you and you have to embrace it (ex. Jim Kelly). Being from Buffalo I hold it dear as most do whom have moved away. In that same breath I will admit that leaving Buffalo has also been great in terms of career and experiencing everything the rest of the country has to offer. This is had to explain and may be hard to understand without it sounding completely negative, but there are a ton of "different" landscapes throughout the country (at least on the surface) that appeal to people a little easier than Buffalo. Yes, there is a lot more to do in other cities that does not revolve around happy hour or sports. Again, this comes down to preference and no person is better than the next. For example, downtown Charlotte (where I live) 12 years ago was NOTHING. I was 21 years old and there were 3 or 4 bars total downtown...those bars being "Have a Nice Day Cafe and the "BAR" series.....But in those 12 years they have built up downtown Charlotte beautifully. There are now tons of apartment buildings, condo buildings, bars, restaurants (at least a hundred). The Democratic national convention, new NBA arena, Michael Jordan lives downtown (one of his many)....Anyway, Charlotte has accomplished this in 12 years...Buffalo has done nothing with the city in 50 due to corruption and such...instead just letting it decay (overall). Buffalo has a beautiful waterfront that is, for the most part, untapped. The problem is Buffalo let everything get away vs. being proactive and now opportunity lies elsewhere. Buffalo's economy is in the toilet and there is not the money available to make improvements. Weather and Taxes are a major obstacle of bringing industry to the city.

In the end he never should have said what he said. He may be correct on a few points, but I will say that I do think some of the people in Buffalo are great. Love walking into the bar, sitting next a patron and having a 45 minute conversation over the state of the Bills while slugging down 4-5 beers and a dozen wings. To me, there are not many things in life better than that!

I'm curious to ask how many people that have posted in this thread actually live in the city, meaning you have BUFFALO as your city on your drivers license...

what the hell does this have to do with anything? I was born and raised in Buffalo, went to school there, college there, attended my family's weddings and funerals there, and STILL have family ties there. I am very proud to be from Buffalo, and just because I had to take a job somewhere else because the State's political climate ran all the JOBS out of town doesn't mean I can't be offended by a douche bag like Josh Reed trying to make a public stink so he can be relevant....

What a knob. He's lying out of his rear end too. Why is it that all the other players talk about how great the fans are and Bills and Sabres always talk about how friendly people are when they see them out on the street or at Wegmans or something? He just has an ax to grind because he was a crappy player on some crappy teams. Maybe those teams could have been better if he didn't have stone hands. Whatever, Stevie, Freddie,a nd the rest who love it here can set him straight. Although I doubt anyone gives a crap about Josh Reed. It's just a washed up, never was trying to stay relevant.

By the way, for what it's worth, the announcers from MLB Network who were here covering the AAA All Star Game had nothing but really positive things to say about the city.