Former WR Josh Reed Slams Buffalo

His word is as good as mine. I knew some tool would try to bash what I said just because my cousin said it lol. Believe what you want, I heard it from others as well. Except my cousin seen it in person. Josh Reed is a pedaphile in my book.

Cool story Bro. Please tell us more! BTW how do you know what a "pedaphile" is if you can't even spell it?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool story Bro. Please tell us more! BTW how do you know what a "pedaphile" is if you can't even spell it?

Because I'm not registered yet... I'm not going to get in to a spelling contest with someone who can't spell "THEY'RE" correctly.

*Allen Iverson Voice*

"We're sitting here, NOT talking about a franchise player we're talking about Josh Reed. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about Josh Reed, not a Thurman Thomas, not a Jim Kelly, not even a Fred Jackson, but we're talking about Josh Reed. Not to be confused with Andre Reed who would go out there and die for his team and play every game like his last but we're talking about Josh Reed man. How silly is that? Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that so I'm not shoving that aside like Josh Reed didn't mean anything. I know he was important, I honestly do but we're talking about Josh Reed. We're talking about Josh Reed man. We're talking about Josh Reed. We're talking about Josh Reed. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about Josh Reed. When you come to the stadium, and you seen him play, you've seen him play right? You've seen him drop just about every pass he got, and we're still talking about Josh Reed right now."

Can I use this in my sig? AWESOME!!

That are many things to say on this story, good and bad. Firstly, Josh Reed is one of a long list of players who played for the Bills. He lived in WNY so he has some perspectives that mostly sound bad. How much does it matter, Josh Reed and his observations?

What matters to me is not Josh Reed. Nor Willis MaGahee, Emerson Etem, Tom Brady, etc. (all three who in addition to Reed have said some unflattering things about Buffalo, it's people, etc.). What does matter to me is Buffalo, WNY, the residents and transplants (to and from) and yes of course, the Bills and Sabres. Buffalo is a very small city in comparison to most cities with major sports franchises. Many of these other cities have much larger populations and greater prosperity. With such prosperity, some of these larger cities do have a lot more to do. As for Buffalo, are things better economically than ten, twenty, fifty years ago? Is the city safer? How are the public schools doing? The libraries? Are the city neighborhoods getting better or worse? What do you honestly think of downtown Buffalo in comparison to it's more prosperous past? The point isn't Josh Reed the person. He matters little to me. Buffalo matters to me. We do have things to work on. Let's stand up and acknowledge that fact and then we can take on the challenges of Buffalo life. Buffalo is unique and it can do better. Buffalo gets maligned repeatedly in the national media (nothing new). So what can the people do to make it better? Or better yet what should the people not do? The last thing Buffalo needs is it's people making life worse for themselves and each other. The weather is what it is. However, look at a map and you can point out wintery locales that do prosper. NYS taxes hurt the entire state. So also do situations (some self made) that make taxation a "viable solution" hurt WNY.

Life is obviously better when you win whether it be Josh Reed or any of us. Life is usually better when money isn't an issue. Maybe Reed had other issues? Who knows? Make Buffalo better and forget about what Josh Reed said.

I'm impressed with most of these responses. Usually when someone bashes buffalo on this board people take it too personally and fly off the handle. So buffalo isn't a great place to live if you are a millionaire self absorbed athlete. Oh well. Move on.

Lots of Reed supporters on here over the years must be hating this...I could never stand this guy and still have yet to see his mythical run after the catch ability. He is emblematic of how horrible the FO was during his years here. There is no other team in the league that would have had him more than 5th on their depth chart. Glad he is a miserable person now.

Of course and unfortunately everything he said about the city is true...

Edited by Dadonkadonk

Josh is just bitter cause he was a loser. 2nd round loser that amounted to nothing in the NFL. His family must really be disapointed that he really sucked after college. What a disappointment. A NFL bust. Thats got to be hard to live with. And you know he pissed through his cash already.

I moved to Buffalo when I was 6, from Montreal, Canada (I love Canada and Candians… I think as a whole they are a good people and are great neighbors and if you're the patriotic type, great allies). I lived in Buffalo until I was 41 at which point my wife and I moved to San Jose, CA.

My wife's also a longtime WNYer… a beautiful Tonawanda girl. We moved for three reasons:

We thought it would be good to live in another city and truth be told, were intrigued to live in the Silicon Valley because of its status as the epicenter of the world's high tech industry, its multiculturalism and because of its legendary climate… 300 sunny days each year, low humidity.

On top of that, I was offered employment here in my chosen field that was twice denied to me when I lived in Buffalo. The Buffalo people didn't want me… maybe I wasn't their type. The people out here went out of their way to recruit me after seeing my test scores and interviewing me. I was actually their number one choice among hundreds of candidates.

However the biggest factor in our moving to San Jose was that my elderly parents had moved out here in the 80s and after having witnessed a succession of friend's parents passing away through the 1990s and early 2000s, I knew it was time for me to reconcile with my family and find some peace. That mission has gone quite well.

It was tough leaving Buffalo. After living there for 35 years, it's become dyed-in-wool. I lived in the Elmwood Village in a very nice Arts and Crafts home. My downstairs tenants rental income was more than my mortgage payment. Even on my modest income I lived very comfortably (and complacently). I had great neighbors and most of my best friends are still in Buffalo. I try to visit once a year for our league's fantasy football draft. I am a true and true Buffalonian who loves Beef on Weck, Wings, Jim's Steakout, Mighty Taco, etc. etc. etc. I know all of WNY like the back of my hand and love rural WNY… the animals, plants, the climate, everything. I miss the Bills and the Sabres but luckily we live in the best of times for following sports teams from afar.

Buffalo has some problems and I think they stem from the poor political and economic conditions. I believe these problems have affected the populace profoundly. The state, region, and locale have been dragged down by corruption, nepotism, patronage, etc. While this "climate" exists in places like Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and even in large cities who have large, downtrodden working class and/or poor populations like NYC, Boston, and Philly, those larger cities also have more wealth and more diversions and proportionately less focus on their sports team.

As others have pointed out, the poverty and poorness of our area continues to have a very negative effect on the people… so it's up to Buffalonians to try and rise above that. It's a handicap that has to be overcome.

This climate manifests itself in something I've brought up many times on this board… the way we Buffalonians have crapped on so many of our pro athletes. Dominik Hasek, Michael Peca, Lynch, McGahee, the list goes on and on. It's this small-minded, petty, and vindictive attitude which blemishes our fair city and gives critics the leeway to accuse us of being provincial, narrow-minded, and worse.

It seems that there's some misery and unhappiness latent in the community which affects the way we treat our athletes. It's amplified in Buffalo because we care so much about our sports teams… probably too much. If you do well as an athlete in Buffalo you're a god. If you don't do well… good luck. Good or bad we invest too heavily and intensely in our sports teams/athletes and somewhere along the way something has poisoned our attitudes.

I'm a Buffalonian, I love Buffalo, but our attitudes and actions towards others (pro athletes, Canadians) says more about us than it does about them. And what it says is not good.

I have never been to buffalo, but I have family living in New York city. I will tell you that he is not making it up. The folks up north seem colder, and do their best to ignore strangers.

:doh: So the entire north must be like NYC.

I know this is a generalization, and it doesn't hold true to everyone. But if you don't belive me, visit the south.

I live in the south. Can't wait to get the hell out.

It's not even a matter of adapting. It's not hard, but why deal with it if you can go back to smiles, sun, and sweet tea?

Sun? Don't you mean insufferable heat and humidity?

Sweet tea = sugar water with some tea flavoring added.

If you like sweet tea, you probably could drink pancake syrup right out of the bottle.

It's not bull or laughable.

The north and south are vastly different, as are big cities and small ones like Buffalo. Everything he said highlights the differences in culture. I don't agree with what he said about the fans, but everything else is accurate.

I've been all over the country and the people of Buffalo are extremely friendly. The comments about people not saying hello is the opposite of the fact, in my experience. I was shocked when I moved out of Buffalo that people didn't say hello to you on the street. Buffalo has a great reputation, and well deserved, as a friendly place. A lot of what he said, to me, was inaccurate.

On the other hand, people seeing Josh Reed on the street were probably unfriendly to him because for 90% of his career here, most people thought he sucked (for the record, I wasn't one of them. I only thought he sucked in his last year or two).

When I first saw this I was confused. This thing came out in March of 2011. Why is this such a big deal now? I think what he said is grabage and he should get a facewash the next time anybody from Buffalo sees him but I'm asking seriously how something like this ends up in the news cycle after all this time?

Edited by JeffNixonFan

Guys not from new Orleans - this is about on par with if he said 9/11. Turns out its a great big state!

Good job!

Had he played in the only NFL city in Louisiana would Katrina effected him? His venom was directed at the city where he was drafted to play in the NFL not at the state of NY. The relevant comparison would then be NFL city within Louisiana not to the entire state.