Former WR Josh Reed Slams Buffalo

OK what part of what he said isnt true? That we didnt make the playoffs? that buffalonians arent as friendly as southerners? wouldnt his saying all this mean hes not fake? Fake would be saying you love buffalo when you dont, hes definitely being honest. We all hated him and ripped him when he took over for Price but I dont think he had as many drops that year as SJ did in his third year, they are pretty close im sure. I remember the board saying he was actually good after his 4rth year onward and very sure handed. He was hurt once and we went on a losing streak and board members blamed his absence on our poor offense for that stretch.

Its funny how you hate a guy for being honest. You now say he sucks and the "worst" player we had, ha! Just like Mcgahee and Lynch, they sure suck and its good we got rid of them when they said B'lo was boring. Its great we had to use two first round draft picks to replace both of them, but now start an arena league player. Look how their careers turned out!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can remember watching Reed run a route and he would never look back at the QB, just ran that route and didn't care.The QB saw a hot read where the DB was blitzing, if Reed would have turned and looked he could have had an easy big gain or a TD. I saw this happen over and over with this player. Still can't figure out how he managed to stay employed with the Bills 2002-2009. Perhaps it was because he did so well in college, and was a #2 draft pick. They kept waiting for him to come around and was afraid if they let him go he would do good elsewhere. He also had stone hand for most of his time in Buffalo from what I recall

I don't really care what Josh thinks of Buffalo, but it's disappointing he would actively burn a bridge like that. The Bills paid him handsomely for most of his NFL career; it's a shame he can't show just a bit of respect.

Something tells me Josh won't find his name on a Bills alumni invitation list any time soon.

The guy played on some pretty bad teams so he is bitter. He was a bust-no doubt..he contributed very little-However, he should be a bit more polite I guess, especially considering The Bils gave him a lot of money and at least two years on the roster he didnt deserve. He went to San Diego after Buffalo released him, and that lasted about two pre-season games before San Diego released him too...No one will ever remember Josh Reed because he never did anything, and no one will see this article because no one knows who is he is, and no one cares....So neither should we!

*Allen Iverson Voice*

"We're sitting here, NOT talking about a franchise player we're talking about Josh Reed. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about Josh Reed, not a Thurman Thomas, not a Jim Kelly, not even a Fred Jackson, but we're talking about Josh Reed. Not to be confused with Andre Reed who would go out there and die for his team and play every game like his last but we're talking about Josh Reed man. How silly is that? Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that so I'm not shoving that aside like Josh Reed didn't mean anything. I know he was important, I honestly do but we're talking about Josh Reed. We're talking about Josh Reed man. We're talking about Josh Reed. We're talking about Josh Reed. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about Josh Reed. When you come to the stadium, and you seen him play, you've seen him play right? You've seen him drop just about every pass he got, and we're still talking about Josh Reed right now."

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

People can say many things about Buffalo but if there is one thing I know, it's the people and you won't find a better lot elsewhere. Some people just need to learn how to shut their mouths when bitter. He played on some shitttyyy teams so just leave at that buddy.

That really didn't make the previous comments any less shameful.

Pretty sure I didn't need your approval. The fact was that the "hit by a truck" comment was a little but overboard. However my opinion stands. I could really care less what someone thinks of me. Or my city for that matter. If you live here good, if u did but moved away then my most previous post applies to you. If you don't live here and never have, I don't know why your talking. Either way, I don't need your approval.

Re: the saying "Hi" remarks. Having lived in both the North and South for many years each, I think that gauging friendliness of an area based upon upfront niceties is very misleading. I have developed deeper and longer lasting friendships with people in the North (including Yankees living in the South). My experience with Southerners has been that they are easy to know on the surface, but difficult to get to know at a deeper level. Buffalonians are the opposite, difficult to know on the surface, but easy to know on a deeper level if you demonstrate that you are genuine. I can understand why a short-timer would struggle, someone like Josh probably wasn't genuinely interested in getting to know the public.

OK what part of what he said isnt true? That we didnt make the playoffs? that buffalonians arent as friendly as southerners? wouldnt his saying all this mean hes not fake? Fake would be saying you love buffalo when you dont, hes definitely being honest. We all hated him and ripped him when he took over for Price but I dont think he had as many drops that year as SJ did in his third year, they are pretty close im sure. I remember the board saying he was actually good after his 4rth year onward and very sure handed. He was hurt once and we went on a losing streak and board members blamed his absence on our poor offense for that stretch.

Its funny how you hate a guy for being honest. You now say he sucks and the "worst" player we had, ha! Just like Mcgahee and Lynch, they sure suck and its good we got rid of them when they said B'lo was boring. Its great we had to use two first round draft picks to replace both of them, but now start an arena league player. Look how their careers turned out!

I'm going to assume by some of your comments that your speaking to my post. Josh Reed is fake because he is now all the sudden saying bad things about the city. That does t mean he's fake now. It means that the entire time he was here he was fake. At least Willis was honest when he was here. I give him tht much credit.

Josh Reed was never good. He was an average #3/slot reciever at best. He was a bust of a draft pick. He was always dropping balls. You mentioned Stevie as dropping just as many balls. Without stats in front of me, SJ probably has more TDs in 2 years than Josh Reeds whole career. Yards are probably the same. And all while being a 7th round pick.

As far as southernerns being more friendly, first of all, who cares? I've never spent time there so I don't really know for sure. I don't really wanna find out either. But from movies, tv shows, and word of mouth it doesn't sound that great to me. Swamp people, Waterboy, Southern Comfort, Deliverence. These stereotypes don't come out of mid air. I guess I could be wrong, and they are just as upset as Buffalonians about the thoughts of others on thier loved towns.

In the end, I'm going to take the advice that I wish JR would have taken and shut my mouth. I've already said enough. I'm done explaining myself and defending my hometown.

Nice to see the Buffalo inferiority complex is alive and well. :rolleyes:

Josh, I hope you get hit by a truck with a Buffalo Bills plate in the front of it. I hope you blow away all your money and have to live in a swamp s&$t shack and eat good like the swamp people on TV and like in The Waterboy.

You are exactly the kind of "fan" Reed was talking about. Grow up.

*Allen Iverson Voice*

"We're sitting here, NOT talking about a franchise player we're talking about Josh Reed. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about Josh Reed, not a Thurman Thomas, not a Jim Kelly, not even a Fred Jackson, but we're talking about Josh Reed. Not to be confused with Andre Reed who would go out there and die for his team and play every game like his last but we're talking about Josh Reed man. How silly is that? Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that so I'm not shoving that aside like Josh Reed didn't mean anything. I know he was important, I honestly do but we're talking about Josh Reed. We're talking about Josh Reed man. We're talking about Josh Reed. We're talking about Josh Reed. We're not talking about the game. We're talking about Josh Reed. When you come to the stadium, and you seen him play, you've seen him play right? You've seen him drop just about every pass he got, and we're still talking about Josh Reed right now."

BOOM! /thread :thumbsup:

As far as southernerns being more friendly, first of all, who cares? I've never spent time there so I don't really know for sure. I don't really wanna find out either.

But yet in an earlier post you said:

I've been to many cities and states and I still think this. Lived in Vegas, been to Tampa, Daytona, Charlotte, Myrtle Beach...........

Make up your mind.

:rolleyes:

*Allen Iverson Voice*

Epic :worthy:

I guess that happens when you get drafted 36th overall and only manage 37 catches your first year, and when you become a full time starter the following year and only manage to snag 58 balls - a desperate and disgusted fan base tends to view you as yet another draft bust and maybe aren't so cheery. If Reed had become an impact player on the team or if he'd been a 6th round pick that contributed those types of career stats I think people would have been welcoming, but in a town that lives and breathes football you gotta live up to expectations or indeed you do find out how cold it can be.....

So the fact that the Bills chose to pick him 36th overall is his fault?

It all comes with a team in the NFL. It makes no difference which city you live in somebody will find fault with it.

Ever been to Detroit, Philly, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Miami ?

I take Buffalo over any City.