Former WR Josh Reed Slams Buffalo

what the hell does this have to do with anything? I was born and raised in Buffalo, went to school there, college there, attended my family's weddings and funerals there, and STILL have family ties there. I am very proud to be from Buffalo, and just because I had to take a job somewhere else because the State's political climate ran all the JOBS out of town doesn't mean I can't be offended by a douche bag like Josh Reed trying to make a public stink so he can be relevant....

no offense, but this quote probably didnt get play outside bills message boards. odds are he was casually discussing things and didnt think before talking. he was speaking to a 23 year old senior that runs a blog, and quite possibly just sat next to him in class.

you are giving josh reed, rob landry, and buffalos national spotlight way too much credit! dumb to say but i dont think theres a grand motive here.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Stadium is in Orchard Park and the players tend to live in isolated suburban areas.

It is likely that Josh Reed or many of the other players have never seen the City of Buffalo or spent time in the close nit community where most everyone is willing to spark up a conversation.

Its like UB kids that form an opinion of Buffalo based on spending most of their lives on North campus.

The Stadium should be in the City, UB should have expanded in the City. The decline of Buffalo can be traced directly back to those two decisions. Yes steel died too but Pittsburgh revitalized mainly because of HealthCare through Carnegie Melon and their city campus and their sports teams stadiums located in the City.

I see Sabres' players almost every time I go out in Buffalo. I saw Shane Conlon in 1991 at Jim Kelly's restaurant thats about it.

Most of the Bills' players do not actually experience the greatness of Buffalo.

I can remember driving around the very first construction areas in Amherst with my dad and him saying the exact same thing. Buffalo should have been building on their worldwide rep as a leading cancer research center back then. And UB should have been at the hub. Oh well.

GO BILLS!!!

Josh "Butterfingers" Reed. We used to sarcastically clap whenever he caught the ball, because of how many times he would drop it. Like others have said, if it wasn't for Buffalo, his NFL career would have lasted half the amount of time.

Josh Reed was disappointing for a number of reasons. Add this to the list.

This was a rant that a mature individual just does not make ... perhaps the comments about too many hits could be providing insight into the career of a guy with potential that never succeeded.

I am sure that as his career fizzled there wasn't the community collective pat on the back every time he showed up at the Galleria but attitude is frequently a two-way street and if he acted like he was something special people anywhere are sure to turn their backs on them.

Frankly, I was a hopeful fan from the start but he was the perfect fit for our team from the first decade of this century ... key drops, missed blocks, and lost potential Somehow I cannot recall him working out in the community to do more for the Bills than play football.

I agree ... I cannot imagine him receiving the invite to Alumni Sunday or the chance to speak at the Quarterback Club.

Josh ... time to be a big boy and stop living a life as a privileged whiner!

no offense, but this quote probably didnt get play outside bills message boards.

And similar quotes get play in the cities they are about as well. I don't particularly care about his opinion, but I'm not sure why people care that it upsets some people.

What a knob. He's lying out of his rear end too. Why is it that all the other players talk about how great the fans are and Bills and Sabres always talk about how friendly people are when they see them out on the street or at Wegmans or something? He just has an ax to grind because he was a crappy player on some crappy teams. Maybe those teams could have been better if he didn't have stone hands. Whatever, Stevie, Freddie,a nd the rest who love it here can set him straight. Although I doubt anyone gives a crap about Josh Reed. It's just a washed up, never was trying to stay relevant.

By the way, for what it's worth, the announcers from MLB Network who were here covering the AAA All Star Game had nothing but really positive things to say about the city.

For those that my previous post either offended or were embarrassed, this is why I wrote it. It's not just my hate of Reed or anyone else that puts down the town that I love. It's the fact that he is a fake. Never heard anything from Reed when he was here. Never said anythig bad about the city, or the fans. I font have links but I'd be extremely suprised if he didn't at one point say "best fans in the NFL" ya, it's probably something that every player pretty much says when they go to a new city. But not every player completely turns it around the other way after they leave. Hell, even TO never had anything bad to say about Buffalo.

People that come here, spend time here, usually love it because it's a great place. I've been to many cities and states and I still think this. Lived in Vegas, been to Tampa, Daytona, Charlotte, Myrtle Beach, DC, NYC, Albany, Catskills, Cleveland, Canton, Toronto, Denver, San Fran, San Jose, Oakland, San Diego, Tempe, Phoenix, Budapest, Cancun and so on. I've spent Some considerable time in all of these places and honestly I don't see much different. Some of the places are/were great for partying, others for sightseeing, others for family environment. I don't understand what the big deal is with people sometime. When you live somewhere for an extended period of time you run out of things to do, It's innevitable.

Buffalo is not as bad as many people say and not as good as the homers love it. But anyone that's from here and has moved away and you continue to say bad things about Buffalo. Or can't help but put in thier little nuggets of crap and how thier new city is so much better than Buffalo was. Do us all a favor and just forget where you came from. You do the city no good and honestly lost of the people that are here or that actually love the city think your just as fake as Josh Reed or Willis McGahee. Your lives in Florida or Carolina aren't that much better. And even if they really are, us TRUE BUFFALONIANS don't care.

That is all.

I don't really care what Josh thinks of Buffalo, but it's disappointing he would actively burn a bridge like that. The Bills paid him handsomely for most of his NFL career; it's a shame he can't show just a bit of respect.

Something tells me Josh won't find his name on a Bills alumni invitation list any time soon.

Hmm, I didn't see anywhere in his response where he bashes the Bills, only the city of Buffalo. Was he disrespecting the organization that paid him?

And similar quotes get play in the cities they are about as well. I don't particularly care about his opinion, but I'm not sure why people care that it upsets some people.

Very clearly in reply to someone saying he said it to be relevant again.

I don't think this was about attention on some big stage.

It's an offhand quote to a 23 year old blogger that is still in school at LSU.

Dumb- for sure. Worth getting upset about? Not really.

Honestly, I'm curious how the OP stumbled across this 15 month old obscure interview. I'm sure the blogger was baffled as to what was going on when his comments lit up today.

For those that my previous post either offended or were embarrassed, this is why I wrote it. It's not just my hate of Reed or anyone else that puts down the town that I love. It's the fact that he is a fake. Never heard anything from Reed when he was here. Never said anythig bad about the city, or the fans. I font have links but I'd be extremely suprised if he didn't at one point say "best fans in the NFL" ya, it's probably something that every player pretty much says when they go to a new city. But not every player completely turns it around the other way after they leave. Hell, even TO never had anything bad to say about Buffalo.

People that come here, spend time here, usually love it because it's a great place. I've been to many cities and states and I still think this. Lived in Vegas, been to Tampa, Daytona, Charlotte, Myrtle Beach, DC, NYC, Albany, Catskills, Cleveland, Canton, Toronto, Denver, San Fran, San Jose, Oakland, San Diego, Tempe, Phoenix, Budapest, Cancun and so on. I've spent Some considerable time in all of these places and honestly I don't see much different. Some of the places are/were great for partying, others for sightseeing, others for family environment. I don't understand what the big deal is with people sometime. When you live somewhere for an extended period of time you run out of things to do, It's innevitable.

Buffalo is not as bad as many people say and not as good as the homers love it. But anyone that's from here and has moved away and you continue to say bad things about Buffalo. Or can't help but put in thier little nuggets of crap and how thier new city is so much better than Buffalo was. Do us all a favor and just forget where you came from. You do the city no good and honestly lost of the people that are here or that actually love the city think your just as fake as Josh Reed or Willis McGahee. Your lives in Florida or Carolina aren't that much better. And even if they really are, us TRUE BUFFALONIANS don't care.

That is all.

That really didn't make the previous comments any less shameful.

Edited by NoSaint

I think him saying the people of Buffalo are horrible was totally classless.. All I remember of Josh Reed was his frown and head shake after he dropped and easy pass.. Seemed to happen all the time at the worst moments in big drives/games..

Taking what Josh Reed has to say seriously seems odd to me. His allegation of people being unfriendly is common in most urban areas and has mostly to do with being wary of strangers. I can't judge people too harshly on that. As I recall he and Shaw dropped more 3rd down passes then I can recall any other tandem doing. I'll soon forget this article, but those drops are etched in my mind forever. Good luck in Louisiana Josh.

I think him saying the people of Buffalo are horrible was totally classless.. All I remember of Josh Reed was his frown and head shake after he dropped and easy pass.. Seemed to happen all the time at the worst moments in big drives/games..

Certainly not a smart or classy comment.