Marcell Dareus lifts a car

Some of the utube comments are so stupid. Talking about this being fake and making comments about the stupid shadows. It's like a Toyota Tercel. It's hardly a heavy car. And it's not like it's the front of the car where the engine is. Is obviously in neutral but I have serious doubts that this is fake. I mean when I was working out a few years ago I could leg press well over 1,000lbs and squat over 6-700. I'm sure Marcell Dareus can easily top that.

Some of the utube comments are so stupid. Talking about this being fake and making comments about the stupid shadows. It's like a Toyota Tercel. It's hardly a heavy car. And it's not like it's the front of the car where the engine is. Is obviously in neutral but I have serious doubts that this is fake.

Maybe I'm being particularly dense tonight, but I can't tell if you're trolling or not.

The thing is its obviously a fake, but the weird thing is I bet he could lift a car like that. Well not exactly like that, because it looks incredibly fake and not at all realistic, but you get the idea.

Maybe I'm being particularly dense tonight, but I can't tell if you're trolling or not.

The thing is its obviously a fake, but the weird thing is I bet he could lift a car like that. Well not exactly like that, because it looks incredibly fake and not at all realistic, but you get the idea.

Not trolling. Maybe it's me and my lack of computer and Internet and I have to watch utube on my old iPhone 3G. The quality isn't the greatest so if it was clear I didn't see it. But my general thoughts and points stated are still what I'm going with. It wouldn't be hard for a man of his size and his strength to do that anyday of the week. Like I said, I'm not a professional athlete and I'm not nearly as big and strong as Dareus and I could leg press over 1G. Which means I could sit under that car and lift it straight into the air a few feet off the ground no problem.

Not trolling. Maybe it's me and my lack of computer and Internet and I have to watch utube on my old iPhone 3G. The quality isn't the greatest so if it was clear I didn't see it. But my general thoughts and points stated are still what I'm going with. It wouldn't be hard for a man of his size and his strength to do that anyday of the week. Like I said, I'm not a professional athlete and I'm not nearly as big and strong as Dareus and I could leg press over 1G. Which means I could sit under that car and lift it straight into the air a few feet off the ground no problem.

Its fake. If it was real his body would have right tight to the car and not with his arms out away from his body like in the vid. Plus the car would have been in park and would not have just rolled like that.

However it could easily be done by a strength competitor.

Its fake. If it was real his body would have right tight to the car and not with his arms out away from his body like in the vid. Plus the car would have been in park and would not have just rolled like that.

However it could easily be done by a strength competitor.

Also, holding the jersey conspicuously close to the camera tipped off that "something" technical was going on...

It's fake in that the car was in neutral and someone/something was at the other end preventing it from rolling away from him and him doing a face plant. He could easily lift that car and move it like that.

Some of the utube comments are so stupid. Talking about this being fake and making comments about the stupid shadows. It's like a Toyota Tercel. It's hardly a heavy car. And it's not like it's the front of the car where the engine is. Is obviously in neutral but I have serious doubts that this is fake. I mean when I was working out a few years ago I could leg press well over 1,000lbs and squat over 6-700. I'm sure Marcell Dareus can easily top that.

Yeah right - 1000 lbs!!

Just kidding. You're right. One thing I learned from weight lifting is how incredibly strong one's legs are and with training, it's unreal.

Whether he could is irrelevant. Would he risk throwing his back out as a rookie for some kid to get a video. Why ?

Secondly look at all the reflections off of the car. You take some shiny metalic contoured object outside in broad daylight and see if you can move it without manipulating the reflections from all the surroundings.

Some people just don't think...

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

im sure he could do it but its an obvious risk he would never actually try for fear of voiding his contract

im sure he loves the fact that they/he can punk people like it has here, but he just would never be that dumb to really do it especially right there in front of everybody and the chance somebody from the bills would ever see him do it. knocking back a few henny and coors light in the hood, now maybe

oh wait hes a country boy so jack daniels and bud

Guys:

The MRags guy's comment was so silly I have trouble commenting. I had the deadlift national record in powerlifting and took the bronze in the US championships. That was years and years of training and technique to pull serious weight.

Lifting 1000 lbs is not easy even for a few inches. The video looks altered, but not taking anything away from Marcel as he is a strong guy. He had no leverage in that lift so would have popped a disc if he really lifted anything of significant weight.

How do you do a leg press?