Has there ever been more hype about a 500 team?

Have the morning off from work today and I turn on sportscenter. First topic is about their backup QB. Then Rex Ryan comes out for his LIVE press conference talking about mini camp and guys not practicing in JUNE!

If one or two plays went different last year in our second game with the Jets we would have the same record and shared second place with them. Do the Jets really deserve this much attention? Their NJ counterpart won two Super Bowls since 07 and barely gets a mention. Sportscenter is such a joke.

Rant/

Have the morning off from work today and I turn on sportscenter. First topic is about their backup QB. Then Rex Ryan comes out for his LIVE press conference talking about mini camp and guys not practicing in JUNE!

If one or two plays went different last year in our second game with the Jets we would have the same record and shared second place with them. Do the Jets really deserve this much attention? Their NJ counterpart won two Super Bowls since 07 and barely gets a mention. Sportscenter is such a joke.

Rant/

You could have simply said "jets" and "sportscenter," and I would have shared your rage.

I'd advise reading the deadspin article on espn first take and how the network is scared that the ratings are a product of tebow and not the show. National ratings center on lightning rod issues. They have a lot of those people. Tebow being a top 2-3 polarizing figure in all sports and possibly top 10 mention for Rex.

Hate to break it to ya, but that's raining on the parade...

How so? We are currently a 6-10 team until this season starts and we turn into a _____ team. (Hopefully 16-0 :D)

My point is, we seem to be getting a lot of attention and that we are a 6-10 team currently, which isn't so dissimilar to an 8-8 team (2011 Jets finishing record) getting a lot of attention.

Edited by Dorkington

1339614649[/url]' post='2485881']

How so? We are currently a 6-10 team until this season starts and we turn into a _____ team. (Hopefully 16-0 :D)

My point is, we seem to be getting a lot of attention and that we are a 6-10 team currently, which isn't so dissimilar to an 8-8 team (2011 Jets finishing record) getting a lot of attention.

I thought we were currently a 0-0 team. Yes, last season we finished with a 6-10 record, but since that time the FO has addessed every major hole on the team and re-signed players to ensure new holes weren't created. So, by all accounts, the Bills should be hyped and expected to have a better season in 2012.

Of course the team still has to win the games come this fall, and to a man, that's what you hear from them. But, for fans and pundits, that's you do this time of year... talk about the teams that have improved, that made good moves, that appear to be on the right track.

I thought we were currently a 0-0 team. Yes, last season we finished with a 6-10 record, but since that time the FO has addessed every major hole on the team and re-signed players to ensure new holes weren't created. So, by all accounts, the Bills should be hyped and expected to have a better season in 2012.

Of course the team still has to win the games come this fall, and to a man, that's what you hear from them. But, for fans and pundits, that's you do this time of year... talk about the teams that have improved, that made good moves, that appear to be on the right track.

If we are a 0-0 team, then so are the Jets, so then the point of this thread is pretty much nil, no? I'm just trying to remain objective. If we're going to talk trash about the Jets for being .500 and getting media attention, we should hold ourselves to the same standards.

All I know is that we have a HUGE season opener against these chumps in their house.

We lost 5 of 6 games in our division last year and this is a huge test for our squad. We need to go at LEAST 3-3 in our division for any shot at playoffs, and it starts on opening day.

I don't care about the hype I just want to be 1-0 baby.

As much as I hate the Jets, I remember seeing Sanchez go out of his way last year after a Bills game to make his way to Chan and shake his hand. I thought that was a classy move because it wasn't like they crossed paths, you could tell he was looking specifically to find our coach after the game. That kind of stuff means a lot to me for some reason. I like players with character, even they are wearing the lowly green and white and dwell in the swamps of New Jersey and have filthy, hostile, obnoxious fans and cheerleaders like Maybin.

Yes, last season we finished with a 6-10 record, but since that time the FO has addessed every major hole on the team and re-signed players to ensure new holes weren't created. So, by all accounts, the Bills should be hyped and expected to have a better season in 2012.

Yes, but the Bills aren't the only team who think they did a great job in the draft and signing key players.

For instance, the Jets think they got a huge steal in Quinton Coples and a future star WR in Stephen Hill, resigned Pouha and fixed their problems at safety via FA.

So both teams think they will be much improved; only time will tell who is right.

What they're getting is not hype. They just get talked about constantly because they are on the edge of the biggest market in the country. ESPN is a business and they are going to focus more on their largest audience. It really is no different than WGR covering the Bills or Sabres. They're going to promote what the majority of their audience wants to see. If you want to search for a network that is going to cover everything equally, good luck with that. I'll see you in 80 years.

1339679324[/url]' post='2486301']Yes, but the Bills aren't the only team who think they did a great job in the draft and signing key players.

For instance, the Jets think they got a huge steal in Quinton Coples and a future star WR in Stephen Hill, resigned Pouha and fixed their problems at safety via FA.

So both teams think they will be much improved; only time will tell who is right.

I agree and that was the point I was trying to make. This is the time of year when fans and pundits hype up teams... well maybe except Dolphin fans. Because no one has played any games, we're all undefeated, and every team has made moves they think will improve their team.

Difference is ... the Bills actually did get better and win the off season. The Jets just suck . pirate.gif

Edited by Dan

This is a very complicated case, Hindsight. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous. And, uh, a lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Cincy's head. Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber. 0:)

My Thoughts on the Jets: Whereas what we have here? A bunch of fig-eaters wearing towels on their heads, trying to find reverse in a Soviet tank. This is not a worthy adversary.