Russ Brandon Cryptic tweat..presser at 430

Cson76

John Murphy joins the Bills as a Full Time Employee is my guess. Lots of teams have their Play-By-Play person as an FTE and Murph's TV obligations are gone.

Edited by JoeF

Has to be a front office hire or marketing/former athlete angle. Would be odd for him to upstage Nix on personnel announcements.

Maybe he wasn't upstaging Nix. Maybe he was just excited and setting up the presser. Doesn't mean Nix won't be running it at 430. With that being said, I Think it's along the lines of a former player angle. Someone taking a job as an assistant Or consultant or something like that.

Damn. I wanna know. Let's go 430. Oh wait, maybe it's a new technical guy for pressers and it's delayed another hour. Let's go 530. Woohoo

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I doubt it's a front office person. Why would WGR550 carry a press conference for John Murphy and/or a front office staff person? It just doesn't make sense.

When I hear "talent" from a front office person, I think "player". I don't think Brandon would refer to a co-worker as "talent". I could be wrong though.

Gotta be front office personnel. You'd think there would be some form of breaking news on the tickers of both espn and nfln. Z

i think the telling thing would be using the term org vs team. its almost 100% assured front office and not a player. in that case, its not surprising theres not a ticker. to put it in perspective - think of how often all the MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL offices change scouts, marketing people asst coaches etc...

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I doubt it's a front office person. Why would WGR550 carry a press conference for John Murphy and/or a front office staff person? It just doesn't make sense.

When I hear "talent" from a front office person, I think "player". I don't think Brandon would refer to a co-worker as "talent". I could be wrong though.

Damond Talbot whom has a few inside connections believes it is in the FO,

so I'm bending more towards FO myself...

because the nfl is a league people tune into even for tedious updates and this will be the best chance to sucker those nfl fans into a super exciting offseason press conference.

as to the term talent - a talented coach, a talented evaluator, etc... could all be descriptions. i really think the telling word is Organization, and not team

Do they normally have pressers for front office personnel, below the GM level?

I'm thinking it's got to be Drew Brees.

The tweet doesn't say it's a press conference, just an announcement on WGR. Unless there's more info that i'm not aware of.

Edited by Carey Bender

im guessing its about john murphy

Probably adding a new local show on WGR....maybe 7pm-9?

They announced the new Sabres/NHL show yesterday (10am-12)...so it makes sense that they would also do a Bills/NFL show

If it was anything to do with player additions they would tell people to go to buffalobills.com...not WGR

Edited by CherryCoke

Probably addeding a new local show on WGR....maybe 7pm-9?

They announced the new Sabres/NHL show yesterday (10am-12)...so it makes sense that they would also do a Bills/NFL show

If it was anything to do with player additions they would tell people to go to buffalobills.com...not WGR

Good call! I think you're on to something.

Probably adding a new local show on WGR....maybe 7pm-9?

Yeah, this has got to be it. I thought it was a presser, but if it's on GR, it's going to be Murph's new hiring and new show on GR. It is going to be 7-9PM.

My guess is the John Murphy news, which was just reported on by the BUFFALO NEWS.

He is leaving Channel 4 to work for the Bills and apparently have an ongoing Bill's oriented show daily from 7-9. Too bad they couldn't have him take over the afternoon drive time slot and actually talk sports from a knowledge standpoint.

Murph's a quality sports guy and from everything that I have read and heard Channel 4 is not that interested in devoting their time and money into Van Miller's legacy.

Where are some of OUR guys that have the inside track???? JW, NGU, etc.... Where are you? What's the info here?

ummm, don't think we need to do a lot of heavy lifting here, or jump to get hopes up. the math, really, is simple if you read between the lines of Russ' tweet.

tuning into GR to welcome a new addition more than likely equals John Murphy's long-anticipated move. workers are just in the process of completing Murphy's new radio booth here in the media room.

so please, alert all those posted at the airport looking for someone to be flying in to stand down.

jw

ummm, don't think we need to do a lot of heavy lifting here, or jump to get hopes up. the math, really, is simple if you read between the lines of Russ' tweet.

tuning into GR to welcome a new addition more than likely equals John Murphy's long-anticipated move. workers are just in the process of completing Murphy's new radio booth here in the media room.

so please, alert all those posted at the airport looking for someone to be flying in to stand down.

jw

Excellent. Us out of towners should be able to get Murph's daily show on the Bills' mobile app, I'd think. Nice.

Excellent. Us out of towners should be able to get Murph's daily show on the Bills' mobile app, I'd think. Nice.

Shoot, us old-timers will just have to settle for wireless internet connections and rabbit ears!