Jake Long Available?

miusa

Jake Long

If this is true this should be our answer to starting left tackle! Put Cordy at guard where most experts believe he could be an all-pro and have Jake protecting Fitzpatrick's blindside.

Trade them another ex-1st rounder and call it even. I am talking McK. Serves two purposes - gets us a proven tackle and allows our WRs more room to run.

Jake Long

If this is true this should be our answer to starting left tackle! Put Cordy at guard where most experts believe he could be an all-pro and have Jake protecting Fitzpatrick's blindside.

That article is BS speculation, Martin is no superstar and will probably put him on the right side but if those morons want to let long go I'd snap him up in heart beat.

Do you think they would rather have Matt Ryan instead?

Not with Tannehill.

Wow!

This guy is a dominator at his position.

The 'Fins would be foolish to allow him to drift off or to trade him...salary be darned.

He is a top-tier LT, and he plays with some nastiness.

As much as I hate the Dolphins, Jake Long is the only player on their roster that I respect and would love to have playing for the Bills.

But I'll wake up now.

This is a fascinating premise. I could NOT figure out why they drafted Martin. Honestly, the picks (Glenn and Martin) would have appeared to make more sense in reverse.

Martin doesn't seem at all suited to be a bruising RT, yet the phins selected him despite having Long on the left side. I don't know anything about his health issues, but it would certainly appear as if the phins are hesitant to pay Long the big bucks.

This will be interesting indeed.

Looks like they're preparing for life after Long. He'll be an UFA at the end of this coming season and will probably want to be paid more than the 5-year $57.75M contract he got as a rookie. But I doubt they'll get anyone to trade for him and his $11.2M salary for this season.

Looks like they're preparing for life after Long. He'll be an UFA at the end of this coming season and will probably want to be paid more than the 5-year $57.75M contract he got as a rookie. But I doubt they'll get anyone to trade for him and his $11.2M salary for this season.

Eagles traded for Peters, but I don't drafting guys means they are looking to trade him in the offseason.

That would make me very happy, but my screen name gives me away on this one.

:thumbsup:

Me too! Oh would I LOVE to see Long in Buffalo!!!...He belongs in a place like Buffalo...Miami is simply not a fit for a blue-collar player like Jake IMHO... B-)

Jake Long

This is jumping the gun a bit, since he is still a Dolphin (at least for now), but wouldn't he be just a bit too expensive for us?

I find it sad that with so many people in our country out of work that a Hack like Dan Hanzus still has a job writing for NFL.com.

The right side of our line was putrid last year. Jonathan Martin was drafted to help fill that need. He has already been told that's where we want him to play so I'm not sure how a story like this surfaces.

Anyway here is a link to Jeff Ireland's comments regarding this rumor.

SunSentinel

Edited by LandShark13

That article is BS speculation, Martin is no superstar and will probably put him on the right side but if those morons want to let long go I'd snap him up in heart beat.

Agree and above and beyond that i love how the thinking is that we have this endless supply of cap space.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I find it sad that with so many people in our country out of work that a Hack like Dan Hanzus still has a job writing for NFL.com.

The right side of our line was putrid last year. Jonathan Martin was drafted to help fill that need. He has already been told that's where we want him to play so I'm not sure how a story like this surfaces.

SunSentinel

The question is, will Miami shell-out the $11M+/year and $40M guaranteed Long will be looking for in his next contract? No doubt he'll still be a top LT and the Dols would want to keep him.

The question is, will Miami shell-out the $11M+/year and $40M guaranteed Long will be looking for in his next contract? No doubt he'll still be a top LT and the Dols would want to keep him.

Of course they are. He was already the highest paid LT in the game until Thomas got his new contract and from what we are hearing they are prepared to do that again.

Now if he comes out and wants Payton Manning money or something completely out of line then the situation may change. But even if that becomes the case they will franchise him before they let him walk.

Edited by LandShark13

Of course they are. He was already the highest paid LT in the game until Thomas got his new contract and from what we are hearing they are prepared to do that again.

Now if he comes out and wants Payton Manning money or something completely out of line then the situation may change. But even if that becomes the case they will franchise him before they let him walk.

Fair enough.

Jake Long

To anyone who actually believes Jake Long is available...PM me because I have some land and some magic beans to sell you

I'm just surprised they want Martin on the right side of the line. I'm a big Martin fan, but he is a finesse LT. He'll have to bulk up like crazy to be a mauler on the right side...

Long, Levitre, and Wood?

Sounds like a natural fit.

I knew we should have kept Wang.

Glenn's Wang was Long Wood after taking Levitre.

or if you prefer:

Wang grew a Pears and has Long Wood because of Levitre

Edited by ieatcrayonz

I knew we should have kept Wang.

Glenn's Wang was Long Wood after taking Levitre.

or if you prefer:

Wang grew a Pears and has Long Wood because of Levitre

A lot of us would have sprouted wood had the Bills been able to pull off that Casey Matthews trade.

I still can't believe it didn't happen.

I'm just surprised they want Martin on the right side of the line. I'm a big Martin fan, but he is a finesse LT. He'll have to bulk up like crazy to be a mauler on the right side...

Thats just it. Philbin doesn't want the 340 lbs linemen. Hes bringing in a WC system and wants linemen that can run, pull and get to the second level. Martin will fit in nicely.

As a fan of his you should appreciate this interview with him after he was drafted. Personally I love this pick as he can play both sides of the line.

Finsiders

PS. Listen to the question and answer at 3:40 into the interview.

Edited by LandShark13

A lot of us would have sprouted wood had the Bills been able to pull off that Casey Matthews trade.

I still can't believe it didn't happen.

Everyone on this board knew about Matthews in the 4th for two straight years and the Bills missed both times. Strike two. One more chance next year.

SunSentinel

The speculation (At best) seems to stem from Long being on the last year of his deal. But at worst the Fins would franchise him if it came to that. No way the Fins let this guy walk in his prime. You can say that the LT position is overrated or whatever but you don't let the best guy at a position of importance walk away. Long isn't going anywhere.

I agree. If he starts, and he probably will since they have no other RT candidates, Mario will have a field day on him.

IF Jake Long truly is available, I would give Miami our 1st Round Pick next season AND Leodis McKelvin.

A 1st round pick is a valuable commodity but you have to remember that you are getting a proven player. An all star that would once and for all solidify our offensive line.

Jake Long - Levitre - Wood - Urbik - Glenn ... would be a line for the ages.