Hey guys, Gamecock fan here

First off, congrats on picking Gilmore--I hope he works out for you. He's a heck of an athlete, and you don't have to worry about any off the field issues with him. I registered with this site, because I wanted to clear something up. I realize that it may have seemed to you guys, that Stephon wasn't happy with the pick, based on his demeanor. I can assure you that whatever Stephon's thoughts were, you can't tell much from looking at him. I've followed stephon's career for 4 years now, and I can tell you that the little smile he cracked when he held up his jersey is about the biggest smile I've ever seen him crack. He's quiet and very reserved, and I wouldn't wouldn't read anything into his reaction. Anyway, good luck to you guys, if there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.

Edited by Gamecock1

First off, congrats on picking Gilmore--I hope he works out for you. He's a heck of an athlete, and you don't have to worry about any off the field issues with him. I registered with this site, because I wanted to clear something up. I realize that it may have seemed to you guys, that Stephon wasn't happy with the pick, based on his demeanor. I can assure you that whatever Stephon's thoughts were, you can't tell much from looking at him. I've followed stephon's career for 4 years now, and I can tell you that the little smile he cracked when he held up his jersey is about the biggest smile I've ever seen him crack. He's quiet and very reserved, and I wouldn't wouldn't read anything into his reaction. Anyway, good luck to you guys, if there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.

Thanks for stopping by. How is he in coverage overall? He looks to be a great tackler but i don't know much about his coverage skills

Thanks for the insight.

Welcome, glad to have you here.

Since you have followed him extensively and have knowledge on how he plays (unlike the people bashing the pick on here) could you tell us your thoughts on his strengths and weaknesses?

I'm looking forward to your insight!

Thanks for stopping by. How is he in coverage overall? He looks to be a great tackler but i don't know much about his coverage skills

It's hard to say. He's good in man, but with zone our safeties were super unreliable up until last year. He routinely wouldn't have help over the top when he expected to. I think if you don't ask too much of him, he can be VERY good. But if you ask him to make up for deficiencies in your defensive backfield(no idea how strong or weak your secondary is) Man up he IS very good, and he's EXCELLENT against the run. He's also DEADLY on the corner blitz, he gets there fast and hits hard. Do I think he was worth a top 10 pick? Frankly, no, but I'm also mildly disgusted that Alshon fell out of the first round--so I guess my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's hard to say. He's good in man, but with zone our safeties were super unreliable up until last year. He routinely wouldn't have help over the top when he expected to. I think if you don't ask too much of him, he can be VERY good. But if you ask him to make up for deficiencies in your defensive backfield(no idea how strong or weak your secondary is) Man up he IS very good, and he's EXCELLENT against the run. He's also DEADLY on the corner blitz, he gets there fast and hits hard. Do I think he was worth a top 10 pick? Frankly, no, but I'm also mildly disgusted that Alshon fell out of the first round--so I guess my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

Let me ask you this. When do you expect to replace him on the same level that he played at SC?

In his interview, he mentioned covering AJ and Julio Jones. How did he do against them?

As well as anybody, I'd say. There certainly aren't any highlights out there of either of them burning him that I'm aware of. AJ never really did much against us, Julio had a big day against us in 10, but again that was due mostly to atrocious Safety play. The only guy who ever really lit Stephon up, Ironically, was Riley Cooper in Stephon's freshmon year. Guy just toasted him.

Welcome and thanks for coming aboard. So, do we have new Bills fans tonight?

I can't say that. I learned long ago not to jump on the bandwagon of a team because they drafted one of your players. I really started following Minnesota when they drafted Sidney Rice and when their fans started talk ish about him, I got really angry about it, and then realized "you know, I don't think I'm a minnesota fan" I'll certainly follow you guys with a great deal of increased interest though, if that's any consolation.

I can't say that. I learned long ago not to jump on the bandwagon of a team because they drafted one of your players. I really started following Minnesota when they drafted Sidney Rice and when their fans started talk ish about him, I got really angry about it, and then realized "you know, I don't think I'm a minnesota fan" I'll certainly follow you guys with a great deal of increased interest though, if that's any consolation.

Smart move, especially when the player in question is a CB. Unless he's the next Deion, Nnamdi, or Revis, he's going to get beat from time to time, and no Bills fan will be happy about that.

Thanks for joining. Very happy to have Gillmore to join our Bills.

What do you see as his greatest weakeness? Or what he has to work on the most?

Weakness? He's been killed a double move from time to time, he also has lost position battles with bigger receivers from time to time

Strength? He's a SUPER sure tackler, he's almost like a safety in that regard, don't expect missed tackles

I'd rather have your insight on Alson Jeffrey!

As good of hands as you'll see, on any level, catches everything. Sneaky fast, people like to harp on his speed, but then ignore the fact that he routinely housed shorter passes from long distances, he's also very good after the catch, in terms of making people miss. His vertical is overrated, it isn't bad, but it's not otherworldly like Sidney's was. He makes up for that with having freakishly long arms. Honestly, I can't tell if his weight issues were overblown or not. He looked like crap in those preseason photos, no doubt, but we just switched to super skin tight unis too, hell even Marcus looked a little pudgy; which is hilarious. He also weighed in less than he did his sophomore year. But at the same time, it does seem like he wasn't in as good of shape as he should have been. I'll let you read into all that as far as you want, but if you ask me the people saying he's fat as hell and the people saying it's all fabricated both seem to be stretching the truth. He DOES at times leave a little left to be desired in the effort department, but it's not like a major issue, we're not talking about Terrell Owens or anything. In fact, Alshon's pretty tame, hardly ever even drank in college, real quiet guy. Hope that helps. Oh, yeah, one more thing; people like to make a big deal out of his lack of separation, but he really makes up for that with his ability to play a defender. He honestly plays defenders better than any WR I've ever seen.

Paul Peck ‏ @PeckOnSports Gilmore stat: Last 3 seasons, team completed only 18% of passes thrown in his area.

Wasn't aware of that, pretty impressive. Last season our entire secondary improved statistically, because our DLine raped people. Don't know if yall are going to be looking for DL's in the near future, but Jadeveon Clowney will be a GOD.

Let me ask you this. When do you expect to replace him on the same level that he played at SC?

Certainly not in the forseeable future. The good news is, we've produced alot of NFL DB's and several of them have already outlived expectations at the next level. Hell, we all thought Jonathan Joseph would suck, we laughed when he was drafted in the 1st round, Captain Munnerlyn and Chris Culliver are both doing well too, and we were shocked they even caught on with teams.

@Gamecock1: Why did Jeffery's production get cut in half? In 2010 he was a top 10 talent. Was it weight? QB play???

Thanks for your input bud.

It's hard for me to say how much his weight played into it. QB play, up until the last 3 games or so when Connor Shaw started to finally get his feet under him, DEFINITELY hurt him. Additionally, when Marcus went down, teams pretty much just sold out to stop Jeffery and that didn't help matters either. I'll say this about Jeffery, if you want to measure a player by how he performed against elite competition, I think you have to be impressed by him. The list of DB's he physically dominated is impressive to say the least: Mark Barron, Dre Kirkpatrick, Janoris Jenkins, Greg Reid, DeMarcus Milliner, Alphonso Dennard, among others)

Hey Gamecock1,

I am a huge Gamecock and Bills fan. I was soooooo excited with drafting Stephon. I really hope we get Alshon tonight. Stephon is gonna LOVE gameday in Buffalo. Bills fans are just like Gamecock fans on gameday. He will feel right at home.

I just watched the selection for the first time and I agree with this assessment. He did not look upset to me, just confident and composed. He smiled when he put on the hat and that was good enough for me. Welcome to Buffalo Stephon!

As good of hands as you'll see, on any level, catches everything. Sneaky fast, people like to harp on his speed, but then ignore the fact that he routinely housed shorter passes from long distances, he's also very good after the catch, in terms of making people miss. His vertical is overrated, it isn't bad, but it's not otherworldly like Sidney's was. He makes up for that with having freakishly long arms. Honestly, I can't tell if his weight issues were overblown or not. He looked like crap in those preseason photos, no doubt, but we just switched to super skin tight unis too, hell even Marcus looked a little pudgy; which is hilarious. He also weighed in less than he did his sophomore year. But at the same time, it does seem like he wasn't in as good of shape as he should have been. I'll let you read into all that as far as you want, but if you ask me the people saying he's fat as hell and the people saying it's all fabricated both seem to be stretching the truth. He DOES at times leave a little left to be desired in the effort department, but it's not like a major issue, we're not talking about Terrell Owens or anything. In fact, Alshon's pretty tame, hardly ever even drank in college, real quiet guy. Hope that helps. Oh, yeah, one more thing; people like to make a big deal out of his lack of separation, but he really makes up for that with his ability to play a defender. He honestly plays defenders better than any WR I've ever seen.

Very interesting stuff, thanks--- not that they're similar WRs in general, but the bolded part sounds like our own Stevie Johnson. He creates space and gets open by working the DB, not speed.

Very interesting stuff, thanks--- not that they're similar WRs in general, but the bolded part sounds like our own Stevie Johnson. He creates space and gets open by working the DB, not speed.

except from what ive seen of alshon, its a lot more about position than seperation, which stevie does get still.

GAmecock1, welcome! I've been a fan of the 'cocks ever since Lou Holtz was there. I live near UGA country and I geek out to SEC ball every year, but the Gamecocks are the one team I tend to root for most. Last time I really was psyched about a USC player we drafted, KO Simpson, that didn't work out real well lol. I would have preferred Ingram, but plenty pleased with Gilmore. I would love to see us grab Alshon, and you're right on about Clowney...the kid was ALL OVER the place this past season. If he fills out a bit, holy crap...he's going to tear it up at the next level.