Nike uniform unveiling discussion

Wayne Cubed

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dhgate and others are going to have a tough time getting these right.

$100 for a Nike, or $30 for a DHGate that's pretty damn close? I'm guessing most people will opt to save the $70.

If the NFL really wants to stop the "fakes" then they'd price their jerseys a lot more reasonable.

$100 for a Nike, or $30 for a DHGate that's pretty damn close? I'm guessing most people will opt to save the $70.

If the NFL really wants to stop the "fakes" then they'd price their jerseys a lot more reasonable.

FWIW, I don't think DHGate sells jerseys anymore.

$70 is a lot, but "pretty damn close" ain't authentic. You don't do all of your shopping on Canal St. do you?

I mean, I suppose you could run the DHGate jersey with your Niike shoes, Oakeley glasses and drive around in your Fard Truck, but why would you? :D

Kinda liking the collar more now after seeing more images. Straight on it almost resembles the white "horns" on the charging buffalo logo. Still no word if we are getting a 3rd jersey, but I'll keep looking. I know Denver's 3rd is a blue top (possibly different helmet), Brian Orakpo tweeted that Wash's 3rd will be revealed closer to the draft and I heard from my buddy in PA that the Steelers are getting a 3rd that "pushes the envelope".

If they start winning, they can wear mismatched, irregular jerseys with third sleeves from the old Champion outlet on Jefferson Road in Rochester for all I care.

Hey..they were winners in the old Champion uni's.

Those were always done by some random fan not affiliated AT ALL with Nike. Really wish people would realize that and let them go. Been known to be fake for months now.

i posted on this before. i have a few friends who work for nike but in the street wear/lifestyle dept. and they wouldnt say out right nike made them and leaked them to get a little feedback on what people thought about it.

but they did say for a fact they had seen them before the initial leak at work. take that for what it is.

how many of you guys bitching about the uni have purchased authentic jerseys in the past 7-10 years? if you say 1-3 you are not the target demographic and they dont give a crap about your collar dislikes and keep it traditional BS.

i posted on this before. i have a few friends who work for nike but in the street wear/lifestyle dept. and they wouldnt say out right nike made them and leaked them to get a little feedback on what people thought about it.

but they did say for a fact they had seen them before the initial leak at work. take that for what it is.

Sorry but your friends are misinformed... not surprising as they work on different product and would NEVER have had visibility to the actual uniforms.

Key ways to spot fake renderings:

• Shoulder stitch motif- was used on 2009 Pro Combat line, now only exists on the most basic high school and college uniforms, not technical enough for NFL... guess we know where the fan got his base image from

• Schutt helmets are never used on official renderings, always Riddell... mostly Revo Speeds.

• Horrible PhotoShop job... look at the field lines going in different directions, weird perspectives, chopped together. You can see where he tried to blend the background, poorly.

Please stop perpetuating a rumor that was proven untrue.

Direct from the NFL PR Guy:

"just to clarify, the artist renderings of NFL uniforms floating around ARE NOT from the league or Nike. stand down"

http://twitter.com/#!/NFLprguy/statuses/5699213849530368

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/19/those-supposed-nike-uniform-sketches-are-fake/

That's what it is.

Oh Jeez...

Listen, I'm not interested in your justifications.

Make no mistake that you committed a crime. The or selling and buying of knock-off anything is illegal. If you are caught with DVDs of ripped and burned movies (and you don't have an original; at that, the current law seems to be that you can have one copy) you can be arrested --- you see that FBI/Interpol warning at the start of movies? Same stevestojan. You saying, "But it's not a real movie --- it's a photocopied dustjacket and a Magnavox DVD-R!" isn't a legal excuse.

post-7292-057978200 1333520733_thumb.jpg

Kinda liking the collar more now after seeing more images. Straight on it almost resembles the white "horns" on the charging buffalo logo. Still no word if we are getting a 3rd jersey, but I'll keep looking. I know Denver's 3rd is a blue top (possibly different helmet), Brian Orakpo tweeted that Wash's 3rd will be revealed closer to the draft and I heard from my buddy in PA that the Steelers are getting a 3rd that "pushes the envelope".

I can't find the source at the moment, but I believe it was annouced at the Nike unveiling, that EVERY team would have a 3rd jersey. The stipulations on it were that teams could only wear them 2 times next year and it couldn't be in a prime time game. Thats what the guy who blogs for the Seahawks had tweeted.

I do believe that every team could very well get a 3rd jersey. But in the end, it may be, something that Nike does just for the consumers/fans and certain teams never wear them.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

They need to release the jerseys so china cloners can get to work and get reasonably priced ones to market.

Tell me about it. I bought most of the team for about $10.50 a jersey.

Evans, Fitzpatrick, Johnson, Jackson, Spiller, Dareus, Byrd

Also:

Kelly, Thomas, Reed

I'm thinking I don't like the new collar because it's just going to blend into the helmet and it reminds me too much of the Colts.

how many of you guys bitching about the uni have purchased authentic jerseys in the past 7-10 years? if you say 1-3 you are not the target demographic and they dont give a crap about your collar dislikes and keep it traditional BS.

What you say is likely true in terms of who buy more jerseys. However, the Bills just redid their uniforms and purposely modelled those re-designs off of uniforms they wore in the 1970's. Keeping a design from the 1970s and just throwing on a modern collar to try and sell it isn't a great idea. I'm no designer but I understand the need to make a look uniform, make all the parts mesh into one coherent piece. These collars simply don't belong on the current design, they stand out as odd, outlandish and out of place.

On a differently designed uniform, one with a more modern approach, I'm sure they'd look better but simply sticking them on a traditional design and calling it a day just reeks of trying to get more cash out of jersey sales at the expense of the uniform's look.

What you say is likely true in terms of who buy more jerseys. However, the Bills just redid their uniforms and purposely modelled those re-designs off of uniforms they wore in the 1970's. Keeping a design from the 1970s and just throwing on a modern collar to try and sell it isn't a great idea. I'm no designer but I understand the need to make a look uniform, make all the parts mesh into one coherent piece. These collars simply don't belong on the current design, they stand out as odd, outlandish and out of place.

On a differently designed uniform, one with a more modern approach, I'm sure they'd look better but simply sticking them on a traditional design and calling it a day just reeks of trying to get more cash out of jersey sales at the expense of the uniform's look.

The collar isn't a design or marketing gimmick, but a specific technological improvement that requires a solid color on the V portion of the collar. That's why the Bills, as well as about 8 or 9 other teams, now have a revised color-block design on the collar.

Furthermore, while the Bills reverted to royal blue as their primary color, the uniforms unveiled last year are not a "design from the 70s." The sleeve striping, "Bills" on the front, logo on the back, were all modern touches that are a significant change from what was worn in the OJ days. The helmet and pants are very modernized as well.