Nike uniform unveiling discussion

Wayne Cubed

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 I've been saying this for weeks, but there are still mouth breathers out there that think Nike is going to completely overhaul and redesign half the league's jerseys. They're not. Much like the NHL, there will be a few minor changes (with the exception of seattle apparently)

Agreed. Been saying this as well. Teams are given the opportunity to change designs, IF they want. Nike can't force teams to change jersey/logo designs.

As far as I've seen, Carolina changed their logo slightly.

The most you'll see is a change in MATERIALS being used. Nike has been at the forefront of breathable materials etc.

FWIW, 26 of the 32 teams go to a jersey manufactorer in Minnesota for the actual game worn jerseys.

NO NO NO!!!!

This is when our last uniforms started to look idiotic - when the players got it in their heads that they were meant to be mix and match.

Agreed, I dislike the blue/blue and white/white combos as well. If the players would wear them the way they're supposed to the Bills have one of the best uniforms in the league.

NO NO NO!!!!

This is when our last uniforms started to look idiotic - when the players got it in their heads that they were meant to be mix and match.

Our last uniforms looked idiotic long before that -- like, when they were introduced. Still, completely agree -- there needs to be a team referendum that the blue pants may only be worn with the white jerseys.

i think that's the point. these jerseys are gunna be sick. nike is always a step ahead of the competition.

I dunno, Nike makes me nervous...some of the college uniforms they have designed have been absolutely hideous. I don't see any real major changes to the Bills uniforms happening this year (except the blue pants, which I am all for!), but I could see them making wholesale changes to all the league uniforms, which may not be so great.

If you have ever been to the NFL hall of fame, one of the coolest things there (IMO) is the old uniforms...the simpler the better, as far as I am concerned.

I dunno, Nike makes me nervous...some of the college uniforms they have designed have been absolutely hideous. I don't see any real major changes to the Bills uniforms happening this year (except the blue pants, which I am all for!), but I could see them making wholesale changes to all the league uniforms, which may not be so great.

If you have ever been to the NFL hall of fame, one of the coolest things there (IMO) is the old uniforms...the simpler the better, as far as I am concerned.

Colleges are also allowed to change jerseys on a whim, and jersey/apparel contracts are with individual universities, not the league. The NFL and teams will not have uniform changes dictated to them by Nike.

The "pro combat" is a new MATERIAL used by Nike in making jerseys. They used those crazy designs you've been seeing in the collegiate ranks as a marketing ploy to get the word out there about the new jerseys. FSU wore the pro combat "style" for one game, and that was it. As far as i know, we're getting the pro combat material jerseys just in our regular unis.

Pro Combat is the material/apparel/clothing line. It does NOT mean new color schemes, new designs, etc.

While alternates and road jerseys will be marked with the same changes as the mainstay, Nike says they will not be a part of the Tuesday reveal.

Some teams who could see significant changes today are the Seahawks, Jaguars, Dolphins, Panthers and Chiefs—although, none but the Seahawks has been confirmed.

link

Edited by mobywale

I only asked if we are getting a 3rd jersey. I don't think they are messing with our home/aways except for the blue pants, which were TECHNICALLY from last year. I like that more teams are using alternate jerseys though. Just like the NHL.

I just hope the blue pants are going with the white jersey's & not blue on blue i think that would like like the smerfs or something !!

On the other hand one of the other posts were looking for a new name for our new defensive front 4 if they do go with blue on blue they could be called ..

THE 4 ANGRY SMERF'S !!!

I'm hoping the blue pants are only part of a third jersey combination, or once in awhile thing. For the first time in over a decade I loved the Bills uniforms last year, home and away. I thought the all whites were awesome.

:thumbsup:

For the most part, changes will be made not to the look but to the composition of the jerseys.  The primary opportunity for creativity will come from the alternate uniforms, which teams may wear up to twice per year.