Nike uniform unveiling discussion

Wayne Cubed

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't even aware that we were getting blue pants this year. I hope they don't fudge with the uni's cuz then I'd have to buy a new jersey!

i think that's the point. these jerseys are gunna be sick. nike is always a step ahead of the competition.

Stevie J. said in an interview a few months ago that the team will break out the blue pants this year. There has been no indication the Bills have a 3rd jersey this year. The only team expected to have a radical overhaul in their look is Seattle. Denver is making their orange alternates their primary jerseys. Jax appears to be making black its primary color.

More info can be found here.

Wouldn't mind blue top/white pant HOME; white top/blue pant AWAY & white tops and white bottoms w/60's standing buffalo helmet as our alt 3rd for snow conditions.

I know the White Out vs New York ended poorly but the energy before that game was sick!

Wouldn't mind blue top/white pant HOME; white top/blue pant AWAY & white tops and white bottoms w/60's standing buffalo helmet as our alt 3rd for snow conditions.

I know the White Out vs New York ended poorly but the energy before that game was sick!

I personally like the white helmets we played with last year. The throwback standing buffalo looks bored and just wants to eat grass. I like the charging Buffalo. So with that I would like to go with :

HOME - Blue jersey/ white pants with the option of wearing blue pants if we wanted

AWAY - White jersey/ blue pants with the option of wearing white pants if we wanted

(I'M GOING OUT ON A LIMB WITH THIS ONE BUT), ALTERNATE JERSEY - same white helmet NEW Red jersey/ with red pants.

I know that PFT reported that Seattle is the only team this year that Nike is completely changing their look but after digging around the intranet, it appears other teams are doing minor changes too. New alternate 3rd unis for Pitt, Den, Carolina, St.L, Mia, SF & TB are the only ones I know of right now. Are we getting a 3rd? I know we got blue pants this year but I hope Nike doesn't fudge us over w/something stupid. Anyone have any inside scoop?

From what I've seen, Seattle is making a small color change in the logo (grey in one of the rear panes) and go to a darker helmet and from what I hear, will have a 3rd jersey featuring the grey. I wouldn't call that "completely changing" their look.

The Nike event is going to be at 11 a.m. ET.

There might be a few tweaks, but I'm not expecting anything earth-shattering.

I personally like the white helmets we played with last year. The throwback standing buffalo looks bored and just wants to eat grass. I like the charging Buffalo. So with that I would like to go with :

hahaha @ just wants to eat grass.

From what I've seen, Seattle is making a small color change in the logo (grey in one of the rear panes) and go to a darker helmet and from what I hear, will have a 3rd jersey featuring the grey. I wouldn't call that "completely changing" their look.

The Nike event is going to be at 11 a.m. ET.

There might be a few tweaks, but I'm not expecting anything earth-shattering.

As for Seattle, you must not have seen much then... the look is a departure in many ways. You'll see tomorrow :)

Bills just changed their look last season... 4 more to go before the league allows another update.

Edited by Blanco_Diablo

The NFL has strict policies in place regarding significant uniform design/color changes, that require (at least) a year of advance notice. By all accounts, the Bills' blue pants were part of the uniform change approved prior to last season, so they're not really "new." With respect to jersey design, I would guess there will be a few minor cosmetic changes as Nike replaces Reebok, but nothing significant -- which is a good thing.

I read somewhere that Denver and Jacksonville will have significant changes, but not until 2013 -- because of the advance approval requirements.

Please, please, please, Buffalo -- don't ever go blue/blue at home. Save the blue pants for the white jerseys.

Bills shop has the summer offering up as of yesterday:

http://www.shopthebills.com/nike-buffalo-bills-nfl-jerseys-apparel-men-women.aspx

Good God. $97.00 for a pair of shorts and a shirt. That's why I still have the one and only Bills T-Shirt I've ever owned.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

Just Nike replacing Reebok. There may be some slight design change but I doubt we'll notice much difference.

+1 I've been saying this for weeks, but there are still mouth breathers out there that think Nike is going to completely overhaul and redesign half the league's jerseys. They're not. Much like the NHL, there will be a few minor changes (with the exception of seattle apparently)

HOME - Blue jersey/ white pants with the option of wearing blue pants if we wanted

AWAY - White jersey/ blue pants with the option of wearing white pants if we wanted

(I'M GOING OUT ON A LIMB WITH THIS ONE BUT), ALTERNATE JERSEY - same white helmet NEW Red jersey/ with red pants.

NO NO NO!!!!

This is when our last uniforms started to look idiotic - when the players got it in their heads that they were meant to be mix and match.

+1 I've been saying this for weeks, but there are still mouth breathers out there that think Nike is going to completely overhaul and redesign half the league's jerseys. They're not. Much like the NHL, there will be a few minor changes (with the exception of seattle apparently)

Right, as someone mentioned there is at least a 5 year waiting time between new designs. These Bills unis will stay this way for a long time.