Dareus is a Very Hard Worker!

Just wanted to pass this along...

A close friend of mine attended the University of Alabama coach's clinic this past week. In one of the lectures, Bama's strength and conditioning coach, Scott Cochrane (who runs an EXTREMELY tight ship), remarked that the 3 hardest workers he's had in his career were Julio Jones (Falcons), Javier Arenas (Chiefs), and ...... Marcell Dareus.

He's also only 21 years old this past December, IIRC. That bodes well for (a) an even better 2012, as he grows into his body and (b) a steep physical performance curve with some upside left. (Fingers crossed, touching wood), I think they may have potentially hit a real home run here last year....

Just wanted to pass this along...

A close friend of mine attended the University of Alabama coach's clinic this past week. In one of the lectures, Bama's strength and conditioning coach, Scott Cochrane (who runs an EXTREMELY tight ship), remarked that the 3 hardest workers he's had in his career were Julio Jones (Falcons), Javier Arenas (Chiefs), and ...... Marcell Dareus.

:thumbsup:

In all seriousness........while I have high hopes that Kyle comes back and has another pro bowl type year......the smart money says that the beast in the middle of that defensive line is going to be Marcel Darius.....

- Fast enough to play DE in a 3-4....which means he is gonna be a blurrrr in the middle

- Even with all that quickness....he ways a legit 330 pounds or so? Lots of wallet to be a force against the run

- Extremely powerful.....built to succeed as a DT.....

- Going into his SECOND YEAR......and surrounded by players like Super Mario, Anderson, and Kyle Williams

Marcel Darius is going to the pro bowl this next year

PFT reported the Bills didn't draft him last year.

Careful, you'll set off the PTSD seen in so many Buffalo fan psyches. Typical: "Touchdown!! Any flags ...any flags ...any flags??" (holds breath until extra point kicked, then returns to breathing and drinking).

In all seriousness........while I have high hopes that Kyle comes back and has another pro bowl type year......the smart money says that the beast in the middle of that defensive line is going to be Marcel Darius.....

- Fast enough to play DE in a 3-4....which means he is gonna be a blurrrr in the middle

- Even with all that quickness....he ways a legit 330 pounds or so? Lots of wallet to be a force against the run

- Extremely powerful.....built to succeed as a DT.....

- Going into his SECOND YEAR......and surrounded by players like Super Mario, Anderson, and Kyle Williams

Marcel Darius is going to the pro bowl this next year

Dareus will definitely be a stud. He suffered an ankle injury in pre-season and played through it. But Williams should recover fully and play better than anytime in the past few years, when he was playing at a Pro Bowl level. And he missed half the season, meaning half a season left of recovering and less wear and tear.

I can't wait to see Marcel and Kyle destroy a few interior offensive lines this year! I work with a guy down here in Florida that is a big time 'Bama alumni and he said that this offensive lineman (I forget his name but I can find out) said when Marcel was a freshman to look out for him because he is an absolute monster. He went on further and said that he doesn't pick up things in the weightroom but instead he picks up the weightroom! Lol! I can't wait for this year to begin!

Go Bills!