TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Remember when the world was supposed to end on May 21st? Some people had so much invested in the belief that it would happen, that they couldn't come to grips with the possibility that it wouldn't. Tebow is another example of this kind of "faith". His supporters have just dug themselves in deeper and deeper, so that now it will become a PERSONAL failing on their own part if he doesn't succeed. Ironically, as "South Georgia Bills" noted, it is an "indictment of the state of our society (what a self-righteous, douchebag thing to say), except he applied it to the wrong side of the argument. It really indicates how desperate many of the "faithful" have become. He's just a sports figure, and MOST of society couldn't care less.

I'm half expecting a religious group/figure to try to purchase a franchise so they can build a team around him.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Fox is actually pretty smart on this one. He and Elway know that the best thing tebow can do for that franchise is put them in position to draft andrew luck. Which is why they keep starting him. It eliminates almost any chance they have of winning.

John Fox is actually pretty smart on this one. He and Elway know that the best thing tebow can do for that franchise is put them in position to draft andrew luck. Which is why they keep starting him. It eliminates almost any chance they have of winning.

It is smart, because this extended audition will go a long way toward resolving the question of whether he can play. (I think I know the answer to that, but some don't...)

The problem is it will cost the team most of their concession profits at home games. since Tebow can use two plates of nachos and five hot dogs to feed the multitudes.

It is smart, because this extended audition will go a long way toward resolving the question of whether he can play. (I think I know the answer to that, but some don't...)

The problem is it will cost the team most of their concession profits at home games. since Tebow can use two plates of nachos and five hot dogs to feed the multitudes.

Well played. :lol:

And it placates the fan base which virtually billboarded him into the starting lineup.

There's one thing I don't understand about Tim… why has he not yet changed his throwing motion? I thought I read where McDaniels was trying to change his mechanics last year. Is Fox continuing this mission?

Really? The guy is horrible. He's clearly overmatched in the pro game. He isn't even mediocre, he's horrible. He needs to get a lot better just to be at the level of JP Losman or Trent Edwards. With his retarded throwing motion, he might do OK in the lowest arena league. I think his persona and personality lend themselves to coaching. I think that's where he should head.

I think with the horrible coaching that Tim is receiving (he looked way better last year)he may end up going to Canada and come back to be the next Doug Flutie but way better.

Really? The guy is horrible. He's clearly overmatched in the pro game. He isn't even mediocre, he's horrible. He needs to get a lot better just to be at the level of JP Losman or Trent Edwards. With his retarded throwing motion, he might do OK in the lowest arena league. I think his persona and personality lend themselves to coaching. I think that's where he should head.

GAH! This thread still has legs! j/k

Anyways you're absolutely right todd, but the many in the Tebow clan simply don't want to face reality. As a lot of us predicted, many tebowites are already in an uproar about the offensive play calling. It's all John Fox's fault, you see.

Link

I find it amusing (but not surprising) that John Lynch, another supposed holy roller who (allegedly) cheated on his wife while in Tampa, is one of the first to come out and start formulating excuses for Tebow.

GAH! This thread still has legs! j/k

Anyways you're absolutely right todd, but the many in the Tebow clan simply don't want to face reality. As a lot of us predicted, many tebowites are already in an uproar about the offensive play calling. It's all John Fox's fault, you see.

Link

I find it amusing (but not surprising) that John Lynch, another supposed holy roller who (allegedly) cheated on his wife while in Tampa, is one of the first to come out and start formulating excuses for Tebow.

Not trying to be a tebow apologist but can you write a worse situatuation he could be in around the league?

Not trying to be a tebow apologist but can you write a worse situatuation he could be in around the league?

He is in a tough spot but to me he is just not ready and is being rushed in to playing. I don't think he will make it as a QB in this league but he should still be on the bench.

There's one thing I don't understand about Tim… why has he not yet changed his throwing motion? I thought I read where McDaniels was trying to change his mechanics last year. Is Fox continuing this mission?

Would Chuck Norris contemplate changing his throwing motion?

As a Bills fan and as a committed follower of Jesus Christ - I've been a Youth Pastor for 14 years, and College Professor for the last 11 years, and I'm a lifelong Buffalo BIlls fan--I feel this thread has spun hopelessly out of bounds of what this DB is about. Unfortunately, this thread has gone on and has lasted into, now 20 pages worth of, what is now nothing but unnecessary verbal venom.

Regardless of one thoughts about Time Tebow, is this really what this Discussion Board is to be about? Do we really have to go this low and seek to disparage an entire group of people, religious or not, on the back of not liking one person?

I say this not because I'm a TT fan. But because the tone and direction of this thread has crossed a line that we don't need to cross in this format. And I would say that for any people group that was being slandered in the way Christians have been in this thread: except for the Jets of course--fire away on them :) .

Granted, we Christains bring much of this on ourselves and I understand why people can look at Christians and think we're silly, obnoxious, arrogant, judgmental, even hateful, etc.-- and I make no excuses for such behavior or attitudes. This presentation of our faith is wrong, no matter where, or to whom, it happens.

And, if you have personally been hurt or affected by such behavior, I apologize and ask for your forgiveness on behalf of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I can't undo or reverse anything they (I) have done, but I can try to represent our faith in a way that is honoring to it, and to you as a fellow human being.

Nonetheless, that being said. I don't think it necessary, nor is this the best format, to have such a conversation. You, and I, have every right to express our opinions of Tim Tebow as a football player, and even on his public actions (that's the price of being a well paid entertainer in our society). [And by the way, I have great respect for Tim Tebow as a person, he has deep convictions, and he is brave in consistently living by those convictions in public--something all of us should strive for--but I also think he is a lousy NFL QB.]

But is it helpful or constructive to allow this (and I know this is a strong word, but I think accurate), "hate" to be allowed to continue here. My point is: moderators, maybe it's time to shut this thread down. And in the future, whether it be about TT, Christians, or any person or group of people, I think we should be much more vigilant in not allowing this type of thing to be a part of what is otherwise a fun and entertaining forum to be a part of. My two cents.

To those that lead this, thank you for your work with it. It's part of my daily routine to check this wall. I'm personally grateful for your leadership of this place, and for allowing us to exercise our fandom and love for the Bills with fellow Bills fans. It really is add to enjoyment of being a fan. So again, "Thank You!"

Also, is there a way I can print or PDF this entire thread so I can use it in my ethics is Sports Ministry class? It would be a great discussion tools in that context, to help them, as future leaders, to have a complete perspective of what people think.

GO BILLS!

I really wonder what the Broncos fans are thinking right now. They were all screaming for him, and I get the feeling Fox is letting him play just so he can say "SEE? told you so...".

Orton is no all-star, but he may have been the best player on that team. Sitting him in favor of Tebow will do one thing, and one thing only...Improve their draft position.