The Merriman tweet to VJackson

I think I'm in the minority, but I'd rather see us get Pierre Garcon. However, I would also be ecstatic if we get Vjax instead. I just think Garcon would fit better, is younger, and would have a better fitting price tag and let us pursue other help.

Either would be great though.

Yes! Or Robinson... But I agree I'd be happy to have Vjax all the same.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Shawna Merriman tweeted Vincent Jackson this morning, trying to convince him to come to the Bills.

https://twitter.com/#!/shawnemerriman/status/179213315648651264

First, let me say that taking ten seconds to tweet someone is not really "reaching out".

Second, let me say that I think we have about a 1% chance of signing him, mostly because of the Redskins and two teams who may get in a bidding war with them.

But third, it says that Merriman still likes and wants to be in Buffalo -- which is good even if he cannot play a lick -- and also, there is nothing he has heard internally that thinks they won;t go after VJax or spend the money it would take to go after a guy who will make $10 mil, which is probably the best thing about this.

Not that the players would actually know what the team is thinking and doing, but they may know through some channels whether they are not doing something.

So, in other words, it's a little something that means nothing that means something.

Save the money for Mario

Adaptation....my top "strength"...

[quote name=Matthews' Bag' timestamp='1331608098'

post='2402680]

Perhaps not, but language is changing so quickly, that you should be more concerned whether YOU will be left behind, unable to interpret the new conventions of the language, than if the next generation isn't speaking the Queen's English.

I don't care how much the guy thinks he's going to get. I guarantee he's not going to be topping off in the 12+ mill range. It won't happen. Not for a 29 year old receiver who's resume isn't nearly as good as the 2nd best receivers in the game.

Save the money for Mario

I'm with this. While I do see the need for another WR I think with Johnson, Jackson , and Spiller we will have a very good offense. We need to improve the D to become a playoff team.

Playing in a pass happy offense with a very good QB, Jackson has been above the 60 catch mark ONCE in his career, and held out for as long as he could(without losing a year of service credit) a couple of years ago. This is the guy the Bills should break the bank for? :doh:

This free agent season is the last time Jackson will be famous.

He is soooooo over rated, and winer and never plays hard.

He may about to get rich, but many other like him have disappeared too...any one remember a certain guard named Derrick...Jackson is in the same boat. IMHO :wallbash:

Take it easy.

The English settlers didn't speak in Shakespearean tongues, and their kids weren't illiterate. - what does this have to do with the way the landuage is destroyed today?

The colonials didn't speak the Queen's English, and their kids weren't illiterate. -

The industrialists didn't speak the colonials' way, and their kids weren't illiterate.

My generation doesn't speak the same way as the baby boomers, and I'm not illiterate.

Our kids don't communicate the same was as we do (they're much more efficient), and obviously they're not illiterate.

You're reaching pretty badly, take a look at a normal tweet from a celeb or athlete. It is basically written by a 12 year old girl writing a letter to her BFF. And I nor you were not around 200 years ago to dispute your retarded facts, so you can take it easy...

Stevie is mature and if you've never met the guy, you wouldn't know. He has his head on straight and is VERY mature. So he likes to celebrate in the end zone. I've only seen 1 TD celebration that was in poor taste. God forbid he lifts up his jersey and has "Happy New Year" on his t shirt. He's such an azz !!! How dare he say Happy New Year !!! Give me a break

FOR THE LAST TIME, IT WASN'T THE CONTENT OF THE MESSAGE/CELEBRATION THAT WAS THE PROBLEM, IT WAS THE FACT THAT HE HAD A CELEBRATION PLANNED AFTER BEING TOLD NOT TO DO IT! The team was told they would be disciplined for taking selfish celebration penalties. The NFL frowns upon pre meditated celebrations

Interesting comments posted this morning in Chris Brown's blog at BB.com--- includes quotes from Buddy Nix regarding players actively recruiting FA:

I think its a bigger part than anybody believes, said Bills GM Buddy Nix. They expect to hear the same thing from me and front office people when theyre in here because its like recruiting in college. Back when I was recruiting in college I always told the prospects all coaches are going to tell you basically the same thing. Theyre going to tell you what you want to hear. Theyre selling. Talk to the players when you go out with them at night or youre with them in the dressing room and theyll tell you the truth.

For the most part thats what the Bills do during the free agency period. They encourage free agents to talk to the players on their roster.

When these free agents come in here they listen, Nix said. They know somebody on every team and theyve normally got close buddies on every team. If those players say, You cant trust that guy. Hell lie to you, or he wont do that. Theyll tell him. They dont care. Theyd like to have them on their team, but theyre also not going to lie to their friends. I think youve got to treat everybody fair and have a good atmosphere in the building and that can translate to getting those guys to come.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Players-big-part-of-free-agent-recruiting/195cbc41-c17f-4874-8f05-078e0167768d

Edited by Punch

You're reaching pretty badly, take a look at a normal tweet from a celeb or athlete. It is basically written by a 12 year old girl writing a letter to her BFF. And I nor you were not around 200 years ago to dispute your retarded facts, so you can take it easy...

I actually am quite relaxed about it, so I'm not sure why you feel I need to take it easy, but nevertheless, rest assured, I'm feeling quite easy about this topic.

Also, I am not retarded, and neither are my facts. You might also review your mis-use of the word nor ("neither" was the correct word for your sentance), as well as the fact that you used a sentence fragment (to use correct English means you do not start a non-quoted sentence with a conjunction). Perhaps the language is already DOOMED!

Lastly, I believe it's a commonly accepted fact that different generations throughout our country's history used different forms of the English language. If you want to be salty about it, that's your prerogative. Myself, I don't think it's a big deal, and merely pointed out why I believe that. If that makes me "retarded", then I suppose I'll wear the label.

Edited by thebandit27

I believe that there is also some sort of rule stating that players can't openly recruit guys either. Thats part of the "Its not about signing in Buffalo....Turns away hiding a smile" part of their tweets. Players can't openly recruit guys, but if it comes up in a private coversation between friends about how they really enjoy playing for the Bills organisation, What can the NFL do?

I actually am quite relaxed about it, so I'm not sure why you feel I need to take it easy, but nevertheless, rest assured, I'm feeling quite easy about this topic.

Also, I am not retarded, and neither are my facts. You might also review your mis-use of the word nor ("neither" was the correct word for your sentance), as well as the fact that you used a sentence fragment (to use correct English means you do not start a non-quoted sentence with a conjunction). Perhaps the language is already DOOMED!

Lastly, I believe it's a commonly accepted fact that different generations throughout our country's history used different forms of the English language. If you want to be salty about it, that's your prerogative. Myself, I don't think it's a big deal, and merely pointed out why I believe that. If that makes me "retarded", then I suppose I'll wear the label.

My English may suck but so does your spelling...