Stevie Johnson Contract SIGNED

iommi

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but I just heard Charlie Casserly on wgr. A few things that he said that works for us or against us however you look at it. Just some good insight out of a former GM who is very insightful.

-Stevie would fo better here than any other team in his opinion.

-Stevie is more of a #2 than a #1.

-Stevie is worth between the $4-8million range (IMO that's a huge difference but I suppose it's who thinks he is worth it, it's all about need)

-Stevie is not worth the franchise tag.

<snip>

The only WR in Bills history to amass 1000 yards in consecutive seasons is "more of a #2?" That makes no sense whatsoever.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only WR in Bills history to amass 1000 yards in consecutive seasons is "more of a #2?" That makes no sense whatsoever.

Totally different era today then when Kelly and Reed where playing together.

Rules alone give the offense much more of an advantage.

Just look at this year, you had 3 QB go over 5,000 yds passing. That is crazy.

It also points out how bad the Bills have been over the years.

I agree that Stevie is more of a number solid number 2 receiver then a true number 1.

Having said all that he is worth $7-8mil a season.

Stevie is a number 1 wr.... and his stats would have been better if Fitz played played later in the season....I love how we down our own players....

couldnt this have been said for 4-5 bad years evans had playing with holcomb losman and edwards? I never understood how people called out evans for not being able to produce when he had one of the worst nfl qb's in history (especially at going deep) and then another who was medicocre. He really only had about 10 games with fitz before getting hurt in 2010 and fitz isnt exactly a deep ball guy either. He seemed to play good for bledsoe and a couple years when losman was decent, seems like he had more good years than stevie, but oh ya...he didnt break 1000 yards twice in a row, whhuppdee freakin doo.

Edited by loserlovers

couldnt this have been said for 4-5 bad years evans had playing with holcomb losman and edwards? I never understood how people called out evans for not being able to produce when he had one of the worst nfl qb's in history (especially at going deep) and then another who was medicocre. He really only had about 10 games with fitz before getting hurt in 2010 and fitz isnt exactly a deep ball guy either. He seemed to play good for bledsoe and a couple years when losman was decent, seems like he had more good years than stevie, but oh ya...he didnt break 1000 yards twice in a row, whhuppdee freakin doo.

You do realize that Stevie is only 25 right? Seems like he's got a lot of years left to make up the difference.

Losman/Evans was a perfect fit - not sure how JP is an excuse for anything for Evans.

Lee was fine, but he was a speed only guy who doesn't bring a lot to the table if he isn't the fastest guy out there.

Ravens fans here are loving him - not. I make a point of thanking them for the free draft pick anytime they bring up the Ravens season.

Losman/Evans was a perfect fit - not sure how JP is an excuse for anything for Evans.

Lee was fine, but he was a speed only guy who doesn't bring a lot to the table if he isn't the fastest guy out there.

Ravens fans here are loving him - not. I make a point of thanking them for the free draft pick anytime they bring up the Ravens season.

well JP completely sucked his last two years here...so two wasted low production years.

"just a speed guy" is the hardest thing to find in the nfl, at least one with "great hands" like lee also had.

lee was hurt, so anyone can say we made a great deal but evans probably wouldnt have gotten hurt had he stayed (those injuries are freakish, not automatic ) so when we were down to a dinged up stevie w no donald jones or easley or parrish, evans would have made our crappy O better down the stretch. I really didnt see where that fourth round pick played any better for us this year.

based on your logic we should have traded all four players knowing theyd all be injured. How stupid of us just to trade evans. In fact stevie might be injured next year...lets see if we can get a fourth for him now.

Edited by loserlovers

lee was hurt, so anyone can say we made a great deal but evans probably wouldnt have gotten hurt had he stayed (those injuries are freakish, not automatic ) so when we were down to a dinged up stevie w no donald jones or easley or parrish, evans would have made our crappy O better down the stretch. I really didnt see where that fourth round pick played any better for us this year.

based on your logic we should have traded all four players knowing theyd all be hurt this year.

Not quite sure what this has to do with Stevie's contract?

Haha, what? That is like saying mcnabb has more good years left than Matt Ryan. It is just silly

no, the point is people are using stevies two good years as a basis for being a "true number one" Evans had three good years but people couldnt wait to get rid of him. So how are we annointing stevie as a premier guy when we treated evans like garbage who so far has way more production?

no, the point is people are using stevies two good years as a basis for being a "true number one" Evans had three good years but people couldnt wait to get rid of him. So how are we annointing stevie as a premier guy when we treated evans like garbage who so far has way more production?

Two questions

1) Who couldn't wait to get rid of him? I remember that trade being met largely with disdain around the fan base.

2) Why are you talking like a guy drafted in 2004 and a guy drafted in 2008 should have similar career numbers?

Stevie, by his ability to gain separation, can do it all: the crossing patterns, ins, outs, sideline patterns, go patterns too (remember how open he was against the Steelers, re: drop). No, he is not the fastest, but because he can gain separation, he doesn't need to be.

Lee Evans could fly, but has a much more difficult time gaining separation. That and that Chan wanted him to run underneath patterns that he wasn't comfortable with made him expendable.

I am sure if the Bills knew we'd lose 4+ receivers to injury, they'd have kept Evans. But heck, he got hurt too, and missed most of the Ravens season.

The Bills want a flyer, but one who's also big/strong enough to go over the middle. That's why they have such high hopes for Donald Jones and Marcus Easley. But with their injury histories, we may see a FA WR or a draft pick WR - one that is fast and versitile.