Stevie Johnson Contract SIGNED

iommi

He has great off the line skills and decent hands, thats it. No real speed no real range or size. So we have to say hes a true #1 now why? Are we the ones talking with his agent? I dont get it. Id rather have desean jackson or VJ if we are going to spend 9 million, id gladly take SJ for 6.

What is your definition of a #1 WR?

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, how are "WE" running him out of town? Do we all need to praise him and pretend he is great or he will read this and leave? And how is it to his credit he made it as a seventh rounder? doesnt he owe the bills for using their seventh on him when he wasnt too fast or tall? he took 3 years to develop, without the bills hed probably be bagging groceries or doing whatever he learned at kentucky.

He has great off the line skills and decent hands, thats it. No real speed no real range or size. So we have to say hes a true #1 now why? Are we the ones talking with his agent? I dont get it. Id rather have desean jackson or VJ if we are going to spend 9 million, id gladly take SJ for 6.

Who says we are going to spend 9 million on Stevie and who says vj or desean would ever come here for 9 mill, even though desean is no longer an option unless you wanted to trade for him?

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Again, how are "WE" running him out of town? Do we all need to praise him and pretend he is great or he will read this and leave? And how is it to his credit he made it as a seventh rounder? doesnt he owe the bills for using their seventh on him when he wasnt too fast or tall? he took 3 years to develop, without the bills hed probably be bagging groceries or doing whatever he learned at kentucky.

Better numbers than both vj and mesean but you'd pay them 9 and not Stevie?! Get some facts and a clue. People like you may not run him out of town but your ignotance definitely gives bills fans a bad name.

We can't keep creating holes on this team. How often does a team sign two starters at the same position in FA? Especially young talented receivers in a passing league? It doesn't happen often and its not like we are cash strapped. Stevie is 25, 6'2'' and has had two good seasons back to back. IS he the best in the league, no. But he's a good player and good teams keep as much talent as possible. Thats how you create depth, thats how you can afford to have a few injuries and not skip a beat. I think it would be a big loss if we let stevie go.

I guess we will see. To assume we won't go get two guys may end up wrong. I like Stevie but there are outcomes id be ok with that involve replacing him. If we picked up colston and garçon? VJ and Laurent Robinson? We will see. I'm holding out hope that within a few days of free agency we will see a plan executed that makes us a better team next year.

The safe and easy answer is clearly Stevie AND one of these guys but that may not be how it goes, and it might be ok.

Edited by NoSaint

I guess we will see. To assume we won't go get two guys may end up wrong. I like Stevie but there are outcomes id be ok with that involve replacing him. If we picked up colston and garçon? VJ and Laurent Robinson? We will see. I'm holding out hope that within a few days of free agency we will see a plan executed that makes us a better team next year.

The safe and easy answer is clearly Stevie AND one of these guys but that may not be how it goes, and it might be ok.

Find me a year when a team picked up two young big receivers in FA? This is Buffalo we are talking about to when we don't spend money on big name free agents anyway and all of sudden this year we are going to get Vincent jackson, and Garcon after letting Stevie walk? Cool got it. Glad Dan Synder bought the Bills this year

Find me a year when a team picked up two young big receivers in FA? This is Buffalo we are talking about to when we don't spend money on big name free agents anyway and all of sudden this year we are going to get Vincent jackson, and Garcon after letting Stevie walk? Cool got it. Glad Dan Synder bought the Bills this year

OK - one more time because you apparently weren't paying attention when Buddy spelled this out quite plainly:

- they don't usually spend big on FA

- previously and in future seasons they have not/will not be focused on FA but instead build through the draft

- THIS season they DO intend to spend big/be aggressive in FA - starting right when the period opens

- they intend to re-sign Stevie if they can

- if they do re-sign Stevie, they will still go all out to bring in another top guy

- if they can't sign Stevie they intend to bring in TWO TOP WR's

Nix has said all of this in the last two months, and it does him zero good to be lying about it.

If they don't do it, rag on Nix mercillously and call him a liar - because he'll deserve it.

In the meanwhile, what possible justification is there to call him a liar now??

OK - one more time because you apparently weren't paying attention when Buddy spelled this out quite plainly:

- they don't usually spend big on FA

- previously and in future seasons they have not/will not be focused on FA but instead build through the draft

- THIS season they DO intend to spend big/be aggressive in FA - starting right when the period opens

- they intend to re-sign Stevie if they can

- if they do re-sign Stevie, they will still go all out to bring in another top guy

- if they can't sign Stevie they intend to bring in TWO TOP WR's

Nix has said all of this in the last two months, and it does him zero good to be lying about it.

If they don't do it, rag on Nix mercillously and call him a liar - because he'll deserve it.

In the meanwhile, what possible justification is there to call him a liar now??

good post :thumbsup:

RT @AdamSchefter: Bills and WR Stevie Johnson are on the verge of a five-year contract that is likely to be completed in the next 24 hours.

:beer:

Okay we tied...we both posted that at 12:02...just happened to be on Twitter.

RT @AdamSchefter: Bills and WR Stevie Johnson are on the verge of a five-year contract that is likely to be completed in the next 24 hours.

:beer:

If true, this would lead me to believe that the Bills are planning to use the Franchise tag.

Meaning anyway you slice It Stevie will be back in 2012.

Edited by Why So Serious?

If true, this would lead me to believe that the Bills are planning to use the Franchise tag.

Meaning anyway you slice It Stevie will be back in 2012.

do you mean aren't planning to use the franchise tag?

if not, i don't understand your reasoning...

do you mean aren't planning to use the franchise tag?

if not, i don't understand your reasoning...

I think he meant the Bills were planning to use the franchise tag if they didn't come to an agreement so Stevie took the offer cause he thought it was relatively fair in the end. The same thing basically happened with Marshawn earlier tonight.