Stevie Johnson Contract SIGNED

iommi

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is worth it for the two Jets games alone. This makes FA and the draft MUCH more interesting. If they can grab another top rated WR or DE in FA, then draft an Lineman, LB or DE in the first, good things should be expected for 2012/2013

Nah, now we can go CB in the first!

This is a sign to me that maybe the Bills are realizing that they can't let everyone walk!

Yup, we don't have the depth yet, so keeping the top talent is huge. Very encouraging development and now they can make their plans for FA and the draft without a critical need for a WR.

It doesn't happen all that often when discussing the Bills' front office, but it's nice to prove the naysayers wrong.

First we rob the Ravens blind for a 4th, now this? What have they done with the REAL Bills front office?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Stevie Johnson signed a five-year, $36.25 million deal that includes $19.5 million gtd and over $24 million in deal's first three years.

I think that is a very reasonable price for his services. Also, IMHO, we are not done with the WR position and expect it to be further addressed in FA or in the top rounds of the draft.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Stevie Johnson signed a five-year, $36.25 million deal that includes $19.5 million gtd and over $24 million in deal's first three years.

Nice. Got a shade under $7M. Good deal for both sides. Hopefully it has a clause about getting money back if he gets any more personal fouls for celebrations. ;)

First we rob the Ravens blind for a 4th, now this? What have they done with the REAL Bills front office?

PTR

Don't forget the re-signing of Kyle Williams as well. They're putting together a nice little track record; now we need to see an improved W-L record.

Don't forget the re-signing of Kyle Williams as well. They're putting together a nice little track record; now we need to see an improved W-L record.

Boo boo foot? Really? Not today please. Hopefully Johnson won't take his money and sit on the couch all year eating Doritos like Kyle.

Nice. Got a shade under $7M. Good deal for both sides. Hopefully it has a clause about getting money back if he gets any more personal fouls for celebrations. ;)

7 was what I was hoping for. VERY happy with this signing. One wideout of a decent caliber, and a DE like a Mathis maybe plus anything added in the draft (OT?) and I like the roster decently for a wild card run.