Anyone want to be the Rams make the playoffs before Buffalo?

Toshiero

Jeff fisher as HC, Greg Williams as DC, are you freaking kidding me? No way in hell would Ralph pay the money the Rams are gonna pay to the coaching staff which is why we will always stink with him as Owner.

This is approaching a troll like post.

The Rams have a lot of holes to fill on both sides of the ball I believe? Bringing in name coaches won't magically fix things. They need to draft well and make pickups in FA just like we do.

I don't want to be the Rams. No way.

Sam Bradford, Steven Jackson, a couple average WRs, and now Jeff Fisher and Greg Williams

or

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Fred Jackson/CJ Spiller, Stevie Johnson, Chan Gailey and Dave Wannstedt

No way you want to be the Rams? Granted I'm not seeing the superbowl in the cards next year for either team, but I can see reason for Rams fans to be looking forward to next season.

The Bills do kick the crap out of the Rams in the most important category I suppose ... facial hair ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

stop the belief that Gregg Williams is even a descent defensive coordinator and check the facts. He is going to the Rams because the Saints we're going to boot him out like the Redskins, Jaguars and Bills did. He has one great year with Vande Bosch, Albert Haynesworth, and others. You can't build a defense behind an offense that scores 35 a game with veterans on defense then you can't stay.

Sam Bradford, Steven Jackson, a couple average WRs, and now Jeff Fisher and Greg Williams

or

Ryan Fitzpatrick, Fred Jackson/CJ Spiller, Stevie Johnson, Chan Gailey and Dave Wannstedt

No way you want to be the Rams? Granted I'm not seeing the superbowl in the cards next year for either team, but I can see reason for Rams fans to be looking forward to next season.

The Bills do kick the crap out of the Rams in the most important category I suppose ... facial hair ;)

Oh I forgot. Steven Jackson and Sam Bradford were 1st round picks. Thus, they must be better. Let's ignore the fact that the Fitz and FJax/ Spiller combo severely outproduced them in a much, much harder division.

Big Names!!!

Oh I forgot. Steven Jackson and Sam Bradford were 1st round picks. Thus, they must be better. Let's ignore the fact that the Fitz and FJax/ Spiller combo severely outproduced them in a much, much harder division.

Big Names!!!

I seem to have struck a nerve here. I would take Bradford over Fitz in a heartbeat. S Jackson is no kid either, but is a couple years younger than F Jackson, and both Jacksons are every down backs as opposed to CJ. Johnson is a average WR so that's a wash. I would take Fisher over Gailey, Williams and the Stache .. pick-em.

Like I said, not seeing superbowl for either team. But I didn't think the "I don't want to be the Rams. No way." post made sense either from a Bills fan.

Jeff fisher as HC, Greg Williams as DC, are you freaking kidding me? No way in hell would Ralph pay the money the Rams are gonna pay to the coaching staff which is why we will always stink with him as Owner.

didnt like greggs prevent defense that last drive. you were stopping them with the blitz gregg...

I seem to have struck a nerve here. I would take Bradford over Fitz in a heartbeat. S Jackson is no kid either, but is a couple years younger than F Jackson, and both Jacksons are every down backs as opposed to CJ. Johnson is a average WR so that's a wash. I would take Fisher over Gailey, Williams and the Stache .. pick-em.

Like I said, not seeing superbowl for either team. But I didn't think the "I don't want to be the Rams. No way." post made sense either from a Bills fan.

All your opinions are based on draft status. Bradford has thrown 24 tds to 21 ints the last 2 years. Fitz has thrown 47 tds to 38 INts. Fred Jackson was the leading rusher in the NFL unitl he got hurt. Spiller averaged over 5.2 ypc and was a top 5 rb after he took over for FJax. Steven Jackson had 5 tds (less than both FJax and Spiller) and is a declining player.

What has Bradford proven besides being the #1 overall pick? He plays in the worst division in the NFL and is in a dome. Imagine how terrible his numbers would be in the AFC East. I get that we have to hate everything Bills related. But the Rams are an awful team and I never believed in Bradford as a franchise guy.

I am very suspect of Jeff Fisher as it seems like after many years as the HC of the Oilers/Titans they were only really consistently good when McNair was in his prime. The problem with the Rams is they are probably going to be looking up to the 49ers for a while. With young talent and a HC who has had so much success in only his first year I see the Niners being a dominant force in the NFC for years to come. I don't know that Bradford, Fisher, Williams, etc are enough to compete with that.

If I'm the Rams GM, here's what I do: I go line, line, line in the draft.

1-Matt Kalil OT USC

2-Brandon Thompson DT43 Clemson

3-Bobby Massie OT Mississippi

4-Tavarres King WRF Georgia

5-no pick

6-Jamell Fleming CB Oklahoma

7-David Molk OC Michigan

I'd likely go after an outside linebacker, cornerback, and maybe a safety in FA.

The Rams have not had a real head coach since Vermeil. Martz, Linehan, Spagnolo....they all sucked. Their drafting was horrible, worse than the Bills.

The new owner has committed to a real coach, and he's filling his staff with real coaches. I was watching as the 49ers marched down the field against the Saints vaunted defense, thinking, well Gregg, there goes your job. The Rams get the 9ers twice each year. The Rams have ample talent. They absolutely throttled the Saints earlier this year, which told me that they were a bunch of good athletes in search of direction. Now they have it.

Funniest thing was when they went undefeated in pre-season and were talking about going 13-3, 12-4 at the least. If Cleveland hadn't missed a 20 yard field goal, the Rams would've won 1 game!!

They play the Bills next year in Buffalo. I'm thinking the Bills will win, but the Rams will be better.

1-Matt Kalil OT USC

5-no pick

7-David Molk OC Michigan

I'd likely go after an outside linebacker, cornerback, and maybe a safety in FA.

Would they consider Blackmon with the second pick?

or

Did you take the time to actually read the OP's thread title.

No. I didn't think so.

1-Matt Kalil OT USC

5-no pick

7-David Molk OC Michigan

I'm thinking Blackmon at 2, Astro. I can see the lines being addressed with the next several picks. This is their chance to get the next monster WR.

booooooooooooooo!

This is a terrible thread.

None of the Rams players listed r better then the Bills players listed.

Not a huge G. Williams (fish lips) fan i actual think he is a giant turd! Fisher is OK, but he doesn't impress me that much. I give Gailey atleast this year to stear this ship straight. Another good defensive draft and some free agents for both sides (God i hope) and i can see B-lo in the post season. I think the rams r further off, 1 because of last years record, 2 new coaching staff (not all r the 49's) 3 Bradford never really impressed me. Only good thing is S Jackson and i beleive Buffalo has a better back field!

Edited by snamsnoops

In my opinion, this is a very valid thread topic. And very Bills related.

Lots of Bills fans have suggested that Ralph Wilson is cheap when it comes to hiring coaches, and is unwilling to give up the power necessary to draw in a proven commodity. Many believe that is one of the main reasons this team has struggled for so long.

St. Louis is taking a very aggressive approach this offseason. Quite the opposite of the Buffalo Bills.

It will be interesting to see which team turns it around first.

In my opinion, this is a very valid thread topic. And very Bills related.

Lots of Bills fans have suggested that Ralph Wilson is cheap when it comes to hiring coaches, and is unwilling to give up the power necessary to draw in a proven commodity. Many believe that is one of the main reasons this team has struggled for so long.

St. Louis is taking a very aggressive approach this offseason. Quite the opposite of the Buffalo Bills.

It will be interesting to see which team turns it around first.

A little early to say that isn't it?

or

Next year it will be the stache vs. the stache... :ph34r:

All your opinions are based on draft status. Bradford has thrown 24 tds to 21 ints the last 2 years. Fitz has thrown 47 tds to 38 INts. Fred Jackson was the leading rusher in the NFL unitl he got hurt. Spiller averaged over 5.2 ypc and was a top 5 rb after he took over for FJax. Steven Jackson had 5 tds (less than both FJax and Spiller) and is a declining player.

What has Bradford proven besides being the #1 overall pick? He plays in the worst division in the NFL and is in a dome. Imagine how terrible his numbers would be in the AFC East. I get that we have to hate everything Bills related. But the Rams are an awful team and I never believed in Bradford as a franchise guy.

I had no idea that those Rams players were drafted in the first round (I should have about Bradford anyway) until I read your earlier post. I don't follow drafts much at all.

Bradford is a young QB who, to me anyway, seems like he has the raw material to be a good QB at the NFL level. Franchise guy, not at this point but who knows what his future holds. As opposed to Fitz, who is what he is and is not likely to get much better or worse.

My point was that I was responding to the post by a Bills fan not wanting to be the Rams right now. I see a lot of potential in Bradford, they have a decent RB that should have something left in the tank, decent anyway WRs, and now have the makings of a coaching staff that might be able to make use of the raw materials on the team. And add to that getting a pretty early draft pick and a Bills fan saying he wouldn't want to be the Rams now did not, and does not, make sense to me. That is all I was trying to say.

Hey Ralph was gonna pay Shanny 10 mil :flirt:

Would they consider Blackmon with the second pick?

hope not, maybe a miracle happens and he falls to us.

I don't want to be the Rams? Whatever that means. Why do you troll here?

To bring up the truth of how bad this organization is, and to illustrate that now Buffalo is the 31st or 32nd best NFL franchise?

Just because a fan decides to do this, does not mean we don't want them to win or trolling.

Fishers teams have missed the playoffs more than made them and Williams is one of the most overrated coaches in the game.

A little early to say that isn't it?

Not really.

They fired their coach the day after the season ended.

Then they aggressively went after the top coach they could find on the market - battling it out against the Dolphins.

Two days after the Saints were eliminated, they snatched up Gregg Williams.

Do you honestly see Wilson ever taking this kind of approach at upgrading the coaching staff?

Not really.

They fired their coach the day after the season ended.

Then they aggressively went after the top coach they could find on the market - battling it out against the Dolphins.

Two days after the Saints were eliminated, they snatched up Gregg Williams.

Do you honestly see Wilson ever taking this kind of approach at upgrading the coaching staff?

You remember the Donahoe era? The Bills were extremely aggressive.

Edited by mob16151

It will certainly be interesting to see which team makes the playoffs first.

I think that the most mirror-like team for the Bills is the Redskins, though. The only difference being that Washington has an owner that will overspend to oblivion, and the Bills have one that will underspend to oblivion.

One question- do the Rams have a GM?

One of Fisher's stipulations apparently in Miami was that he was not going to have the control over personnel that he wanted.

Fishers teams have missed the playoffs more than made them and Williams is one of the most overrated coaches in the game.

Fishers teams were always tougher than most others, and after he lost McNair, and later that waste-of-space Albert Haynesworth, Tennessee lost their record..

Like any other team in the league, take away Peyton Manning, and look at the Colts.

Take away Tom Brady, and I don't think the Patriots make the playoffs.

The Bills have not been the same without Kelly, the Dolphins are still sinking since Marino, and the Broncos have come close but are still not the same since Elway.

Was McNair as good as those guys? For Tennessee, I think that he was.

Fishers Titans were always tough. That's A LOT more than we can say with our IR squad of the past decade.