Contract talks with Stevie Johnson

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let no Bills fan who wanted him back complain about him ever again then. You wanted him, then you are going to get him- if he drops crucial passes or costs us wins, then so be it.

Just as long as you don't cheer any of his 1,000+ yards and 9 or so TD catches next year or beyond, that sounds reasonable. :rolleyes:

Let no Bills fan who wanted him back complain about him ever again then. You wanted him, then you are going to get him- if he drops crucial passes or costs us wins, then so be it.

Fine, but you are also not allowed to be happy when we win if he scored a TD in that game.

Deal?

Steve Johnson is NOT a #1 receiver. He does not have the hands. But he is a good number two receiver who wants to be here. If we lose him, that is another hole to fill. We have enough of them. You don't have to be in love with the guy to want him here. So chill.

Steve Johnson is NOT a #1 receiver. He does not have the hands. But he is a good number two receiver who wants to be here. If we lose him, that is another hole to fill. We have enough of them. You don't have to be in love with the guy to want him here. So chill.

I think some fans define "No. 1" as the absolute top-tier receivers (Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, etc.). Anybody else is a No. 2. Problem is, there aren't a lot of those guys. No. 1 doesn't necessarily mean "unbelievable." Steve Johnson is a No. 1 on at least a third of the teams in the league, if not half.

I think some fans define "No. 1" as the absolute top-tier receivers (Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Roddy White, etc.). Anybody else is a No. 2. Problem is, there aren't a lot of those guys. No. 1 doesn't necessarily mean "unbelievable." Steve Johnson is a No. 1 on at least a third of the teams in the league, if not half.

Agreed, there are 32 teams, therefore 32 #1 wide receivers. He's definately in the top 32 WRs in the league.

My view of him really changed when I saw the Rick Reilly special on espn. Jackson basically adopted a kid who was the victim of bullying.

Great, he can run Father Bakers. Still doesnt change his on-field persona and performance. We dont need a guy like that.

Re-Sign Johnson. Sign DeSean Jackson. Draft Coby Fleener

Fleener would be cool. Dwayne Allen from Clemson would be very cool. Jackson would be nice, but don't see it

happening. Meachem or Manningham gives them talent, youth and speed on the other side of Stevie without an exorbitant contract.

Edited by purple haze

Good post. According to quite a few people, there are only 5-8 "#1" WRs in the NFL. I'd rank Stevie in the #12-20 overall range of WRs in the NFL.

The amusing part is how many people dog Stevie for the drops, yet consider Roddy White elite even though he leads the league in drops, and had a few of them yesterday.

Edited by Ramius