Contract talks with Stevie Johnson

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He also has talked about how important it is to get him back. That we would need 2 receivers if they didn't resign him. Says he is a great team player. Seemed to really stand behind Stevie and wants him back. Hopefully they get it done.

This is good news - at least on the surface the Bills are not going to simply let him walk. I still say SJ hurt himself with his antics but maybe they help the Bills get a deal done. No way can the Bills find two WR's and take care of all of the other needs in the draft and FA this year alone.

Let no Bills fan who wanted him back complain about him ever again then. You wanted him, then you are going to get him- if he drops crucial passes or costs us wins, then so be it.

It sounds like you are dead set against Stevie returning.

Let no Bills fan who wanted him back complain about him ever again then. You wanted him, then you are going to get him- if he drops crucial passes or costs us wins, then so be it.

Safe to say he'll help win you more games than he'll help lose.

When you look at the wideouts the Chargers signed when Nix was in San Diego and when you listen to him speak, you know there's no chance of DeSean Jackson being courted by the Bills.

And that is a good thing.

MeSean Jackson? Gimme a break. He is all about himself. He is a million times worse than Stevie. Guys like that destroy teams.

Hasn't he had some injury issues, too?

Yeah, he's very soft. He quit on his team this year, gets stupid penalties, and spikes the ball before he gets into the endzone. You don't win with me first guys in the NFL.

In fairness to D Jackson, no he's not soft… but he played poorly this year and admitted/apologized at season's end for letting the contract stuff adversely affect his play.

I've seen D Jackson put his physical well-being on the line many times in football games… I've seen him make incredible hustle play tackles on interceptions where bigger, stronger receivers would have simply given up.

He is not soft.

That said, I don't see the Bills making a play for him. I also think Philly will retain him.

In fairness to D Jackson, no he's not soft… but he played poorly this year and admitted/apologized at season's end for letting the contract stuff adversely affect his play.

I've seen D Jackson put his physical well-being on the line many times in football games… I've seen him make incredible hustle play tackles on interceptions where bigger, stronger receivers would have simply given up.

He is not soft.

That said, I don't see the Bills making a play for him. I also think Philly will retain him.

You're right. He's fairly tough for his size. He's not earning his money running across the middle though (however since you can't hit anyone, he shouldn't be afraid).