Ryan Tannehill

There I said it. There's no point in waiting until round 2 or moving down in round 1. When #10 pick comes up run up to the table and take him. Very accurate, intelligent and knows the game. Getting Andy Dalton with a stronger more accurate arm. The media will go crazy and Kiper will give his archaic mantra about reaching or value.... but there's no guarantee anyone special will be their @ #10. We must attempt to get a top QB to ever have a chance in this league. There are plenty of other rounds to get the othere needs picks of which we have many. Fitzpatrick is a turnover machine and even with a better than avg. defense the Bills could not suceed with Fitzy killing drives. No matter what these mocks say, I don't think he'll get by Seattle and Arizona @ #12 & #13 respectively...so there's no point in trading down.Frankly, I think we'll be fortunate if Miami doesn't select hm rught before us.

Good Luck to the Bills... Get 'er done Buddy !!

won't happen, Bills just dropped a couple mil on another QB and he's gaileys guy

I actually feel like the new rookie wage scale makes it easier for teams to take a chance on QB's in the first round. If you miss your not crippling your franchise. And since there not making as much, it's easier to justify sitting them for a few seasons as well.

There I said it. There's no point in waiting until round 2 or moving down in round 1. When #10 pick comes up run up to the table and take him. Very accurate, intelligent and knows the game. Getting Andy Dalton with a stronger more accurate arm. The media will go crazy and Kiper will give his archaic mantra about reaching or value.... but there's no guarantee anyone special will be their @ #10. We must attempt to get a top QB to ever have a chance in this league. There are plenty of other rounds to get the othere needs picks of which we have many. Fitzpatrick is a turnover machine and even with a better than avg. defense the Bills could not suceed with Fitzy killing drives. No matter what these mocks say, I don't think he'll get by Seattle and Arizona @ #12 & #13 respectively...so there's no point in trading down.Frankly, I think we'll be fortunate if Miami doesn't select hm rught before us.

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! WELCOME TO THE RYAN TANNEHILL FAN CLUB :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I actually feel like the new rookie wage scale makes it easier for teams to take a chance on QB's in the first round. If you miss your not crippling your franchise. And since there not making as much, it's easier to justify sitting them for a few seasons as well.

Couldn't we use a pass rusher than another backup QB?

I agree with you. I was just saying that, with the new rookie wage scale, if the Bills pass on a QB, it wouldn't be because of the financial commitment. I personally would love a pass rusher in the first. However I wouldn't be opposed to a QB as early as the second.

And this.

QB driven league so not really. Plus there really isn't any Can't miss super star passrushers at the 10 spot. There are some really decent rushers that will be available in the second and beyond who are just as goods as the first rounders except they don't have ideal height or weight and such.

And this.

QB driven league so not really. Plus there really isn't any Can't miss super star passrushers at the 10 spot. There are some really decent rushers that will be available in the second and beyond who are just as goods as the first rounders except they don't have ideal height or weight and such.

Maybe not, but Tannehill isn't a can't miss super star QB, either.

Geeze these qb's are incredible coming out. You have RG3 who is deliberating a career in the nfl against obtaining his law degree and this guy is apparently an aspiring orthopedic surgeon.

Geeze these qb's are incredible coming out. You have RG3 who is deliberating a career in the nfl against obtaining his law degree and this guy is apparently an aspiring orthopedic surgeon.

RG3 is deliberating law school vs the NFL?? That would have to be the shortest deliberation in history.

Totally unbelievable.

It's funny that all of the fans want a qb. That they seem to be split into three camps: trade up for rg3, tannehill, and kellen Moore. Has anyone seen anything indicating the bills will be looking for a qb? It seems they have the same qbs going into next year as they had this year all still signed.

Btw put me in the Moore camp lol

It's funny that all of the fans want a qb. That they seem to be split into three camps: trade up for rg3, tannehill, and kellen Moore. Has anyone seen anything indicating the bills will be looking for a qb? It seems they have the same qbs going into next year as they had this year all still signed.

If they are interested in one of the QBs, then that's a good thing. Especially if they love RG III.

The Bills need to be as stealth as possible all the way till when the Rams are on the clock and they drop an offer they can't refuse.

None of the "Good" QB's will make to 10 anyways....

DE/OLB pass rushers are the most critical need.

we do need to develop a QB, but I'd wait till the 3rd day for that.... There are some nice QB's that have a few warts and will drop...

1326008536[/url]' post='2357612']

Our starter is a backup QB, don't you think we could use a starter?

1326030802[/url]' post='2357661']

Maybe in the second round. We have a QB already.

Every team has A qb. The good teams have good qbs. The bad teams have bad qbs. We are a bad team with a bad qb. It's time we get one. While I don't love Tannehill like a couple others here do, I'm not sold on many players in the draft at this point. The guys I really want will be gone when we pick, so taking a chance on a qb isn't such a bad idea. We need one in the worst way.

1326031668[/url]' post='2357665']

I agree! Pass up on all major need position! ......like OLB,DE,WR ...guys that can start now! and make a major impact! for the 3rd or 4th best QB in this draft who will likely sit for 2 years.... makes perfect since!

Like Spiller, Maybin, mckelvin, whitner, mccargo? We get major impact from our 1st rd picks. Major!!! Let's have Fitzpatrick start for the duration of his contract. He's awesome!! Makes perfect sense!!!!

1326033832[/url]' post='2357681']

We watched the last 9 games. If that's not proof enough, there's no hope for this team, ever. The question is, do they think any of the qbs that Will be available are any good? I haven't seen Tannehill enough (2 games) to grade him. Moore is meh. Worth a shot very late I suppose, but I'm not a fan. 6'0 187 does not bode well for the beatings an nfl qb take each week. Foles, Lindley, cousins, weeden, Keenum, Austin Davis are worthy of late (4-7th).

We watched the last 9 games. If that's not proof enough, there's no hope for this team, ever. The question is, do they think any of the qbs that Will be available are any good? I haven't seen Tannehill enough (2 games) to grade him. Moore is meh. Worth a shot very late I suppose, but I'm not a fan. 6'0 187 does not bode well for the beatings an nfl qb take each week. Foles, Lindley, cousins, weeden, Keenum, Austin Davis are worthy of late (4-7th).

I agree and think most do that we need a qb I was just wondering if anything specific has been mentioned by the front office or ngu even.

right on.to take a qb just to take a qb makes no sense.we need the best player available who is a D front 7 guy OR qb.even if he isnt a great passrusher--there is no assurance that Kyle williams recovers from his injuries fully--and we still need that 3rd D lineman if it comes down to it.Yes-I'd rather the best player available be some monster LB or DE who is a great passrusher..

This past season has proven that this team needs depth in the trenches, and a valid pass rush. When you have a starting left guard playing left tackle, then center, then back to left guard so the right guard can cover the center position then the team has depth issues. When the team has absolutely NO pass rush then its an issue. Take the Redskins game as an example. First time Shanahan was shut out, and the Bills had 9 sacks. Fitz looked great! The D looked great!

My opinion, draft pass rusher, or best lineman available (Offense or Defense). If the defense can stop the opposing offense it would take a lot of pressure off of Fitz. Chan wouldn't feel the need to pass all of the time, and he could better utilize Fred and CJ with the run/screen game. Solidify the line and this team becomes a strong contender, immediately. If my name were Buddy Nix I would do the same thing in the 2012 draft that I did int he 2011 draft, minus the running back (Johnny White) pick.

I've also said that the Bills need draft picks that cans start right away. They need immediate contributors.

Edited by Kevin

Like Spiller, Maybin, mckelvin, whitner, mccargo? We get major impact from our 1st rd picks. Major!!! Let's have Fitzpatrick start for the duration of his contract. He's awesome!! Makes perfect sense!!!!

Are we still doing the Spiller's a bust thing?

Maybe not, but Tannehill isn't a can't miss super star QB, either.

No one is but he is better than the passrussers that are there.

Let me help you astro for those who don't click the link, and That draft rocks especially the first 2 picks.

"The Bills are not going to reach at QB after investing so heavily in Fitz, but if Tannehill falls to them in RD2, Ralph himself might sprint to the podium. The Bills need to look early for their franchise quarterback, and I like Tannehill. He showed his mettle in A&M's bowl win vs. Northwestern with a 67% completion rate and a 139 passer rating (not unusual numbers over his career), but it is Tannehill's leadership, quick decision-making, and accuracy that make him a savvy pick for development. I was especially impressed with Tannehill's resilience vs. RG3 and the Baylor Bears this season and his pinpoint passing and elusiveness in his past two seasons. Watch Tannehill's 2010 game vs. LSU and see if you detect an upgrade to the parade of poor passers (and playoff-free results) we've undergone since Jimbo left. While it means neglecting the pass rush yet again in RD2, the Bills absolutely need to groom a QB with better accuracy. Tannehill is a wise choice here."

Has anyone seen anything indicating the bills will be looking for a qb?

Well, last year Fitz did well to close out the year and won over his team mates and they woulda taken Newton if they had the chance...this year Fitz plays like poop to finish the year... my bet is they take a guy if they like him.

Fitz is our guy for next season like it or not. I am fine with it as I think Fitz can actually run this offense effectively if he is in the right position (Which I think the team can put him in). I think Nix has to go best available player that's in an area of need or somewhat need. It can't be a running back or something stupid like that but it has to be a player that can make an impact right away.

Our starter is a backup QB, don't you think we could use a starter?

Every team has A qb. The good teams have good qbs. The bad teams have bad qbs. We are a bad team with a bad qb. It's time we get one. While I don't love Tannehill like a couple others here do, I'm not sold on many players in the draft at this point. The guys I really want will be gone when we pick, so taking a chance on a qb isn't such a bad idea. We need one in the worst way.

Very weak defense.... spiller proved this season he was worth the pick...NO ONE KNEW fred would be what he became ....and lynch already had a foot out the door...maybin was the high rated player on the board....Mckelvin was one the highest rated players on the board...Whitner was never Ed Reed but he was solid and he is still a starter in the NFL ...mccargo is a bust it happens....the point is we aren't that far away from either have a stronger defense or a more balanced offense.... about Fitz....Fred Jackson accounted for close to 40% of the team offense(lost him for the season)...there where 5 different adjustments to the offensive line....including to different starter at center....he played with 3 different number 2# wrs ..... oh and a coach that refuses to run the ball when running the ball made the most sense.......but any QB in that situation including Tannehill and you'd be ready to get rid of them to...give me a break.....

Edited by EldaBillsFan

He could be this years Dalton

One thing to consider....while I think the bills know they need pass rush.....they probably also understand we have NO depth behind Fitz.....

I cant prove it....but in the press conferences I got the distinct feeling that Gailey was very dissapointed in Thigpens performance......he thought he was getting a starter he could bring in as a super pitch releiver....and ended up getting something else.